Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N-spec coming for the 991?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:25 AM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I think we have this corner covered boys. Ill go chase the Orks from the northern rampart and give you a holla from another thread if I need some support in banishing the heathens LOL!

A simple discussion about tire technology and new releases yet again becomes a warranty/track seat/general bagging. Surprised no one has raised the PDK only for a while (probably the fact the 991 GT3RS will sport no manual has quietened the neigh sayers).

Oh well...
Track season has started. Most of "the nay sayers" have gone back to driving, or prepping to drive.

There are more immediate villages to burn..

Last edited by stevecolletti; 04-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

I think we have this corner covered boys. Ill go chase the Orks from the northern rampart and give you a holla from another thread if I need some support in banishing the heathens LOL!

A simple discussion about tire technology and new releases yet again becomes a warranty/track seat/general bagging. Surprised no one has raised the PDK only for a while (probably the fact the 991 GT3RS will sport no manual has quietened the neigh sayers).

Oh well...
Originally Posted by frayed
Thanks Bill.

LOL @ Macca, could you imagine the absolute schitstorm that a manual option RS would create? Woooboy.

But the Orks are very real. Apparently Porsche has moved to 21" wheels on the RS solely to make track use more difficult/expensive.
Offering a cost option manual on the 991 GT3 RS would've been a good way to charge an effective option price of perhaps $40-50k (figure MT costs consumer an extra $5-10K and the RS premium is $30-45K) for the manual diehards.

That is what I expected: "The response from our valued customers was so strong that we have developed a special manual transmission exclusively for the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS, for those customers who want the involvement of a traditional manual transmission."
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Stevecolletti. I have scouts out now armed with torches and avoiding villagers with pitchforks.

Its probably a good idea to get as much track time in this season as possible. This time next season wives in 991 GT3s will be setting fastest lap times in between "coffee groups" LOL!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Stevecolletti. I have scouts out now armed with torches and avoiding villagers with pitchforks.

Its probably a good idea to get as much track time in this season as possible. This time next season wives in 991 GT3s will be setting fastest lap times in between "coffee groups" LOL!
I should have said, "Track season has started in the northern hemisphere".

Scouts? We're more worried that you'll send those 991 'GT3' "Terminators" out to hunt us down between runs.
It's pretty cool that the wives don't even have to leave home (or put their coffee down) to set those fast laps.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah. But our scout's wear "sheep skin cloaks of invisibility" and have the ability to foul pre 991 GT3 CL wheels so they make a very dangerous combination indeed LOL!

Fast laps or hot laps?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Yeah. But our scout's wear "sheep skin cloaks of invisibility" and have the ability to foul pre 991 GT3 CL wheels so they make a very dangerous combination indeed LOL!

Fast laps or hot laps?
Not as invisible a threat as you imagine.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N-spec coming for the 991?