991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 - SUMMARY Only!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by brake dust
997.2 GT3 was produced on the main line as well. Was the limited production of the .2 due to the engine and will the new GT3 engine limit production as well?
My dealer has told me that the 991 GT3 won't be limited production in any way. And I don't see why Porsche would want to do that. The price premium for the GT3 isn't that high, and the R&D cost has already been invested, so they might as well sell as many as people are willing to buy. But I could be wrong, maybe I'm not looking at it the way Porsche is ...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy

You could say Porsche is the DeBeers of cars.

Seriously folks?
haha!
maybe they will collab with them to produce a tennis bracelet for the wives of 918 owners?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
haha!
maybe they will collab with them to produce a tennis bracelet for the wives of 918 owners?
I guarantee you one of the Marketing Machine's pie-eyed lily-livered drones is running into his bosses office right now after reading your post.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:15 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isn't ellen getting a 918?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
.2 was not "limited production". Only artificial "limited production" for 2RS/4.0.

Scarcity is the primary determinant of value. Artificially creating this perception of scarcity is what makes Porsche the most profitable car company in the world.

You could say Porsche is the DeBeers of cars.

Seriously folks?
Good point, but scarcity (including artificial) is RELATIVE to demand, not absolute. I remember times when it took 6 months wait to get a Golf GTI, which was produced in huge quantities, and depreciation on it was also not bad for a while, even despite poor reliability. At the same time, much less mass-produced high-end Audis and BMWs were sold new at big discounts. With the new GT3 having "broader bandwidth", as they call it, Porsche can produce much more of them and still maintain scarcity if they choose to. That's one of the reasons I'm going to buy new despite my dislike for new cars in general - it may take a while before the secondary market cools down.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 - SUMMARY Only!