Sponsored by:

991 GT3 sans rear wing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
there should be a law against that ... no wing could be so ugly as to warrant replacement with that "lump" ... fugly as hell... and certainly not the GT3 wing

Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
it looks a little like a panamera
I actually did think it was a Panamera for a split second.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:52 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Not an RS, but I'm doing something custom for my 1000whp 991 Turbo S project - The car is a 1/2 mile race car so I wanted to get rid of the adjustable wing to eliminate as much drag as possible.

Also I made same style, but larger than RS air ducts as part of my decklid. Just finishing the corners next and should be done hopefully in 1-2 weeks!

Sterling Auto Con will have similar deck lids available for GT3/RS/GT2/Turbo, etc.

I'll update when completed.

- Ravi

Custom decklid and duckbill by Sterling Auto Con (Laguna Beach, CA) for CSF's 1000whp 991 Turbo S
Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by farfromcommonGT3

Without much further explanation. Here is my all oem modified GT3 sans factory spoiler and with the factory Ducktail. Its been a labor of love, and a huuuuge pain in the ***, even though my family owns a factory authorized Porsche Center here in LA. We had a pretty unique solution to solve the ram air issue, subbing the turbo front grill piece that has its own version of the ram air inlet. There is no perceptible loss in downforce below 175ish :thumb up: and I drive Mulhulland daily to go home, and in the slower corners, there is still plenty of downforce. This car is no beauty queen either! I use it hard every day, and the Sharkwerks exhaust at 9k rpm is an irrepressibly addictive. Enjoy the pictures!
What a side profile. Hope to see the car in person one day at a show here in Socal.
OP, how about getting an RS and take the wing off. I'll only put the wing back on if I were to go onto tracks that hit above 140MPH (Roval at Fontana and Big Willow), I am pretty confident all other tracks I go to won't have straights that allow the car to do more than 120 to 130MPH. BTW there are only 3 screws on each side to hold the wing so taking the wing off is only a ten minute deal.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 sans rear wing???