Sponsored by:

Dealer won't take deposit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 AM
tqevo
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Dealer won't take deposit

My dealer said PCNA won't have any allocations available for any dealer in the US and that any dealer who is taking deposits is purely speculating. Any truth to this? They won't take my deposit or add me to any waiting list.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tqevo
My dealer said PCNA won't have any allocations available for any dealer in the US and that any dealer who is taking deposits is purely speculating. Any truth to this? They won't take my deposit or add me to any waiting list.
Speculating on what? Is he saying that no allocation will ever be given to any dealer, that Porsche has no plans to sell the GT3 in the US, and anyone who thinks either of those things isn't true is speculating? That's obvious BS. At some point allocations will be distributed and orders will be taken. Dealers may not know now how many allocations they are going to get but they will get some. The point of putting down a deposit and being on a list is to be at the head of the line to get one of those allocations.

Either the dealer wants to order most of his allocations to his spec and sell them at a markup, he already has preferred clients on his list, or he's just being difficult. I'd try a different dealer. Good luck, I hope something works out for you.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 03-11-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Your dealer is correct. No US dealers have any allocations yet.

As to the taking of deposits, that is up to the individual dealer. Some may take more deposits than they will have cars for. Is that better or worse than not taking deposits? Only you can decide.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Good points. I was just thinking that while dealers may not currently know their allocations, at some point they will. When that happens, rather than counting on walking into the dealership on just the right day being on a list would be a plus, and more equitable than most other methods of deciding who gets a car. For sure, each customer must decide what works for them.

Quick Reply: Dealer won't take deposit