Sponsored by:

GT3 allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave C4S Cab
Congrats Mike on getting that 1st slot. I'm either 2 or 3 on my dealers list(guy in front might drop off), Only option I don't see on the configurator yet is the Axel lift, I'm sure it'll show up before it's my turn. My 2010 GT3 didn't have the Axel lift and I was always scraping the front lip. The long wait begins...

my options so far
Well done, Dave! Looks great. Not to say they won't be really nice, but I just can't bring myself to spend $3K on the LED lighting, but hey, that's why no two of these cars are the same. The axel lift thing is interesting because it's shown with a US price on my allocation sheet, but yet it's not on the configurator. I don't know if it's enough to make a diffference, but I think the 991 chassis has a little less front overhang than the previous car which might help the scraping situation if FAL doesn't become available.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Dave. Good move with the LED PDLS headlight cluster. This is a new tech launched for the first time on the GT3 but likely to become standard fair on the 991.2 and GT3RS so its a future proofing of the asthetic and although expensive worth the the investment IMHO.

Have you considered dropping the leather seat backs, having a holiday in Hawaii for the saving and spending $200 per seat having your local vinyl wrap guy do a white vinyl wrap on the rear of the seats to colour key it to the external of the car? Thats what Im doing and I think its much more in keeping with the sports nature and optic of the car....
I picked the Leather seat backs so I can get the dev red stiching, I really wanted the seat backs painted in White like on my 07 turbo, I hope that option come online in a few months
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I vote Guards.

Always looks fantastic and is such a classic Porsche color.

Alternately Paint to Sample is always an option ... Riviera or Mexico Blue ... Signal Yellow ... Signal Orange ...

Good luck & enjoy!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats Mike!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Hi Mike. Your car sounds great. I know you have been waiting for this one. Can you tell me why the front axle lift is such an expensive option, and your reasons for choosing it? I have a steep driveway approach angle, and I am wondering with a 'lift' of one 1 inch or so, will it be enough??
Jim
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Whatever you spec is going to be awesome. If it were me, I'd go for something kind of unique. I really like the dark blue metallic, wheels painted silver and the clear taillights (only $610). All the other stuff is up to you. Interior with deviated stitching would look nice, but I see some of these 997s coming off lease and the dev. stitch really looks tired after a couple years. If you're planning on keeping the car long-term, I'd skip it. I think saving cash is a good rule-of-thumb with this car, it's already plenty badass out of the box.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Fwiw ....seems signalyellow is no longer available...

Last done on a 997.2 GT3RS. With black contrast...most choice..... But apparently.....no longer passing color fade test.....
Old 03-08-2013, 03:13 PM
PcarFL
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is there an option for a full leather and no alcantera? maybe this is what the leather option is but i dont think so.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM
StirlingMoss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PcarFL
is there an option for a full leather and no alcantera? maybe this is what the leather option is but i dont think so.
No, unfortunately not from the listed options, but I am sure the Exclusive department can sort you out. I would prefer full leather too since the alcantara does not handle wear well.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Whatever you spec is going to be awesome. If it were me, I'd go for something kind of unique. I really like the dark blue metallic, wheels painted silver and the clear taillights (only $610). All the other stuff is up to you. Interior with deviated stitching would look nice, but I see some of these 997s coming off lease and the dev. stitch really looks tired after a couple years. If you're planning on keeping the car long-term, I'd skip it. I think saving cash is a good rule-of-thumb with this car, it's already plenty badass out of the box.
Thanks. I've included Aqua blue in my color consideration; would love to see that color in person. I think you are right about deviating stitching; my plan was to skip it. And I also agree that less is more with this car.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks. I've included Aqua blue in my color consideration; would love to see that color in person. I think you are right about deviating stitching; my plan was to skip it. And I also agree that less is more with this car.
Aqua Blue is a great color, the hue changes depending on the lighting but I see it's been replaced in the configurator by Sappire Blue. It might be a shade lighter than Aqua Blue. This was my Aqua Blue '09 turbo

Old 03-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Aqua blue is a beautiful color. I had a 997.2 C2S in that color. I was thinking of Aqua for my GT3 as well. However, it's been discontinued as a standard color and replaced with Sapphire Blue Metallic. Won't order that until I see it. And I certainly won't pay PTS money for Aqua!

Agate gray is my second choice - very classy color. Also won't show rubber streaks as bad.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dave C4S Cab
Aqua Blue is a great color, the hue changes depending on the lighting but I see it's been replaced in the configurator by Sappire Blue. It might be a shade lighter than Aqua Blue. This was my Aqua Blue '09 turbo
Originally Posted by RayDBonz
Aqua blue is a beautiful color. I had a 997.2 C2S in that color. I was thinking of Aqua for my GT3 as well. However, it's been discontinued as a standard color and replaced with Sapphire Blue Metallic. Won't order that until I see it. And I certainly won't pay PTS money for Aqua!

Agate gray is my second choice - very classy color. Also won't show rubber streaks as bad.
My bad. I saw Sapphire Blue in the configurator but my brain remembered and typed Aqua...... Sapphire looks nice but risky to pick it without seeing it and I don't know if that will be possible. Dave, that Aqua Turbo is gorgeous! Ray, I've also thought about Agate. I think this car deserves a dramatic color. IYO, does Agate have that? Probably need to see it in different kinds of lighting.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I was able to spec my car at the dealer today, using their newly updated configurator. The front axle lift was available to specify, although with the caveat that it is not available until October. Since the dealer's car delivery estimates are not until November/December at the earliest, that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't see a "new available" configurator that has the "lift option" Help?

Quick Reply: GT3 allocation