Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a 991 GT3 for European Delivery (Stuttgart pickup)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I euro delivered my 1st GT3 on halloween day 2007. Drove mostly into italy, france, austria and southern germany. Snow was an issue in switzerland but I was only going 45mph most of the time in that condition and the car was on pirelli tires.

recommendations:

go to florence and the central tuscan region as climate-wise you can still enjoy the drive that time of year- it's like california. winters are very mild. I stayed in a gated bed and breakfast and car felt safe.

lake como is gorgeous and won't be a lot of tourists. call ahead about parking.

vienna is gorgeous but you have to call around to find underground (safer) parking for your car.

southern france and spain are very nice drives that time of year as well.

depending on how much time you have, you can head straight to munich, then to vienna, then to italy (florence and some of the less developed areas- avoid rome and venice), then to south of france, and drop ship the car from barcelona. spend 2-3 days in each spot or skip out early and you can easily spend a couple thousand euros in gas having the time of your life.

Be careful about speed cameras in switzerland.

also make sure you call ahead about the parking thing- most hotels are tourist related and expect you on a train or a cab. underground overnight parking can cost 40-60 euros a night in major metros.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 991 GT3 for European Delivery (Stuttgart pickup)?