Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andreas Preuninger Car Interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atgani, that press release is hilarious! Thank you for the morning belly laughs. In all fairness, it takes a shot at everything and everybody. Important to take a break from the asylum burning and have a restorative laugh. Now where did I lay that darn torch...
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Interviews now with both Evo and Car yet nobody has questioned AP on the centrelocks, the dozen or so failures, the two recalls and the new, ridiculous maintenance schedule!!! Gee, I wonder why? Happy to bet a dollar or two that Porsche are placing a no-go zone on that discussion!!!
Maybe in order to get an interview with Mr. AP the interviewer must agree not to ask questions pertaining to center lock wheels and or past failures of this product.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:20 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atgani, that's awesome!

Every Porsche I've ever driven has been a little (sometimes a lot) better than the last.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Respectfully not directing this entirely at you but don't forget this is 2013, not 2009 or 2010. Statements made in times gone will always be just statements made without having any first hand experience of todays latest GT3 technology. If AP says any prior GT3 is not better than the new 991GT3 car (RS 4.0 inc) then he ought to know. Although hang on...he's just being paid to say that right?

This new car is gonna be an absolute cracker, but i suspect all the naysayers know that and are out there hammering away on their box without even having driven the car. So typical.....
Progress, sometimes really sucks. Look at the Mayans and in this case he knew that the technology existed, he answered those questions when asked why the GT3 didn't get pdk as an option. It's all BS and a switch to sell more cars to a different (larger) market.

And I agree, it will be an amazing car and it looks good. But without manual there is no way I would buy this car unless it was for bought my wife to drive and win DE.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 447 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Atgani, that press release is hilarious! Thank you for the morning belly laughs. In all fairness, it takes a shot at everything and everybody. Important to take a break from the asylum burning and have a restorative laugh. Now where did I lay that darn torch...
Exactly how it was intended savyboy
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
+1

Respectfully disagree. He comes across as the marketing guy he is, just as he did when he extolled the virtues of the 997.2 faux centerlocks...

+2
+3. Reading that the new engine was 25kg lighter was really impressive until I also read that the entire car is 70kg heavier. What a joke. This is about appealing to Ferrari, Lambo, and GT-R owners.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani
Exactly how it was intended savyboy
One of the funniest parodies I have ever read. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Chris M.
+3. Reading that the new engine was 25kg lighter was really impressive until I also read that the entire car is 70kg heavier. What a joke. This is about appealing to Ferrari, Lambo, and GT-R owners.
I was not in the market for a 991 GT3. Should I order one? Stereotyping is a form of social judgement, and there is plenty of that regarding Porsche drivers too.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Maybe in order to get an interview with Mr. AP the interviewer must agree not to ask questions pertaining to center lock wheels and or past failures of this product.
That is how the game is played by most manufacturers. The questions are scripted, and if you throw a couple of curve *****, you are not granted another interview for a few years. If you really step out of line, you are not invited to all inclusive press launches in exotic locations, with free business class tickets.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Savy, from your post, I sense you are callinbg BS on Mr. Andreas, and you are not going to drink his cool-aid anymore.

997 4.0 vs. 991 GT3. They lap the same lap times around the ring. 991 weights a bit more. Has rear steer( more stable), has the magical PDK that gains .5 car length per shift. ( I wonder how many shifts there is in one lap at the ring, that is a lot of car lengths gained! *sarcasm), and a buncha other cool-aid from Andreas.

So the analog old school machine laps just as fast. Yes it only has 25 bhp more and less weight. Not all the fancy stuff (RWS/PDK/ Bigger brakes/ and standard navi to tell me where i'm going, and the increase of 500 rpm, that Andreas claims it is magical and very much needed... hmm decisions.

A Gt2RS still does it in the 7:1X's with analog.

Forget all this car sutff ill keep driving the model S and let you guys fight over driver involvement!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Savy, from your post, I sense you are callinbg BS on Mr. Andreas, and you are not going to drink his cool-aid anymore.
Enrique- just burned out on the whole marketing vs reality BS. Porsche buyers pay a higher premium for a given technology than any other car buyers, they make more profit off of us than any other car company and we are treated like we have leprosy after we buy the car. I'm soured on all the misrepresentations (*lies*) from the marketing side and the disrespect from the management side. No reason to believe anything will change. We are walking wallets to VAG, nothing more. Not a business I want to support any longer. Other mfg's more honest/transparent/integrity.

Hey man, hope you are well and doing fine!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 AM
StirlingMoss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Enrique- just burned out on the whole marketing vs reality BS. Porsche buyers pay a higher premium for a given technology than any other car buyers, they make more profit off of us than any other car company...
Did you realise that only now? A fully spec'ed 911 cost almost twice as much as a fully spec'ed Cayman. Does it actually cost more to build a 911? Nah. 95% of the parts are identical. It is nothing than a premium, always been, always will.

There is a reason Porsche has been the most profitable car manufacturer ever
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Its all good fellas! We got the 2014 911 GT3 jam packed with FOCA (full of crap as) and FIGJAM (f'k its good, just ask me) technologies that the masses have been asking for! Really wasn't any point to spending hours at cars and coffee drafting a 10 page letter, but hey, each to their own
Oh....it's only March but I think FIGJAM may be the funniest thing I read on Rennlist in 2013...

Priceless. Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

pete
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to believe the letter until I read the new gearbox name.. while laughing I still wanted to believe.. lol
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver

997 4.0 vs. 991 GT3. They lap the same lap times around the ring. 991 weights a bit more. Has rear steer( more stable), has the magical PDK that gains .5 car length per shift. ( I wonder how many shifts there is in one lap at the ring, that is a lot of car lengths gained! *sarcasm), and a buncha other cool-aid from Andreas.

So the analog old school machine laps just as fast. Yes it only has 25 bhp more and less weight. Not all the fancy stuff (RWS/PDK/ Bigger brakes/ and standard navi to tell me where i'm going, and the increase of 500 rpm, that Andreas claims it is magical and very much needed... hmm decisions.

A Gt2RS still does it in the 7:1X's with analog.

Forget all this car sutff ill keep driving the model S and let you guys fight over driver involvement!
i suspect the 991 time is very conservative.

I also suspect that the Dunlops are crap.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Slowekistan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jumper5836
unless it was for bought my wife to drive and win DE.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

is it just me or has Andreas Preuniger lost all credibility?

He sold us the 997 gt3. It didn't need PDK because it was heavy and un-necessary. The steering was amazing and allowed for excellent feedback. Centerlocks would allow for better track day cars. Except that your warranty would be void.

Now, he's selling us the 991gt3. The PDK is amazing, quickest shifts, etc. The electric steering allows for excellent road feel and feedback. The centerlocks were revised.

what a crock of ****. it's too bad all the car manufacturers are the same. I thought porsche would've kept the GT3 a drivers car. oh well, it's the lesser of two evils.

Quick Reply: Andreas Preuninger Car Interview