Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts
Default Where's Rad?

AWOL?

Living la Vida LoFerrari?

Can't find the new forum?

Or has the new GT3 finally rendered him speechless?
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2013, 05:16 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Rad speechless that ain't gonna happen. I think he is under his Fiat working on the gearbox problems.

Peter
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

991GT3 is not on Playstation yet so Rad is lost at the moment
Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

He posted on Fchat that he was surprised how the Scud market has taken a dive while GT3 models, particularly the 4.0 are going for a premium...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

LaFiat !!!

A wannabe GT3 is not interesting at all. Nothing special.

Lots of Scuderia wannabe features in this new VW: getting neutral by pulling both flappy paddles, e-diff, multiple stability control settings, and 100ms gear shifts (not yet the 60ms in my Fiat).

The only awesome feature is the standard VTS (Vehicle Tracking System), so now VW can void your warranty automatically, by using the GPS coordinates of every single racetrack and autoX lot around the World.

In the meantime, GM is preparing a track day event at Sebring to present the C7, and I'm going.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you own a GT3 RS 4.0, mark this day. You just made $50,000 overnight.

The most successful Porsche racing engine, the Mezger flat-6, the last manual transmission GT3, in the last of the Analog Porsches.

VW owns Porsche, the 991 GT3 just gave a nice bump on resale to the 997.2 GT3/RS/4.0.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I think it goes the other way. I think you will see all 997 GT3 variants depreciate in the next 6 months. Today's best and fastest is tomorrow's who cares.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT

The most successful Porsche racing engine, the Mezger flat-6, the last manual transmission GT3, in the last of the Analog Porsches.

VW owns Porsche, the 991 GT3 just gave a nice bump on resale to the 997.2 GT3/RS/4.0.
The 4.0L is indeed the next 993RS in terms of value thanks to being the last of the manual tranny motorsport derived 911s. A true drivers car for weekend blasts, cars n coffee etc...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT

Nah, i think you are also having an overexagertaed tantrum like most luddites on this forum that actually think the 991 GT3 will drive autopilot with no feedback like a Boeing 737.

Im holding my judgement until i drive one, but all looks great on paper. I was sick of having to deal with a clutch (Cup Car included) in a moden sportscar with such performance, so its nice to finally have flappy paddles like in our Fiats. Cant wait for he 991 Cup. Only thing I regret is that they use PDK mostly for the benefit of the Auto mode that i have never and will never use in any of the clutchless manuals, instead of saving some nice 30kgs. Thats probably the feature that will keep our 430 Scuds the best drivers ar in the world for quite some time to come. For me manual, means selecting my own gear, and nothing to do with having tomuse a clutch pedal which is an obsolete mechanism that has been around for 100+ years.

Im also surprised about ignorant commens about so many electric components in he 991, like the steering rack, which in fact has been electric in the Cup Cars (997) for quite some time.

There should be more real track driving and less speculation based solely on specs on paper. A ar is a system and not just the sum of parts, otherwise anyone other han Pirsche or Ferrari would have nailed the sportscar formula for quite some time too.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On cup cars you had an electric motor running the hidraulic, so you have no loss.
There is no computer running the steering rack on a cup car which is completely Analog.

Your fiat and Rad's fiat are only good for street use, so that's not an option for those who track their cars.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Nah, i think you are also having an overexagertaed tantrum like most luddites on this forum that actually think the 991 GT3 will drive autopilot with no feedback like a Boeing 737.

Im also surprised about ignorant commens about so many electric components in he 991, like the steering rack, which in fact has been electric in the Cup Cars (997) for quite some time.
How do you own and drive an '11 Cup and not know the difference between the two steering systems? You might consider toning down the ignorant luddite comments.

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
On cup cars you had an electric motor running the hidraulic, so you have no loss.
There is no computer running the steering rack on a cup car which is completely Analog.
Geez Eddie, got that right and you don't even own a Cup. Go figure.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I think it goes the other way. I think you will see all 997 GT3 variants depreciate in the next 6 months. Today's best and fastest is tomorrow's who cares.
I agree. I think the view on the this forum is skewed towards people who track their cars. Although I remember reading or hearing somewhere that 80% of buyers of the GT series car track them, I think at least in the US it is much lower. Buyers in general will be drawn to the latest tech and fastest variants.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez

like most luddites on this forum that actually think the 991 GT3 will drive autopilot.

all looks great on paper.

There should be more real track driving and less speculation based solely on specs on paper.
Oh, the irony...
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
How do you own and drive an '11 Cup and not know the difference between the two steering systems? You might consider toning down the ignorant luddite comments.

Geez Eddie, got that right and you don't even own a Cup. Go figure.
My point is and was, that no matter how the system works the only real important fact is how it actually drives and lets you the driver interact with the car. The example of the cup car electric rack is to point out that the system had no detriment just formthe act of having an electric component.

Another example: As sophisticated as they are, the Ferrari rear differentials are miles ahead of what Porsche cars use, and despite the high tech, they do allow you to have a more direct connection between throttle pedal and torque tansferred at each rear wheel, which makes it (feel?) more analog and direct. Drive one and try to deny it...

All this rant is like having complained about fuel injection or variable cam timing, because real drivers had to mastered cautious throttle openning to avoid bogging the engine with fuel, or live with only using a narrow band of high revs to get max hp-torque b/c the was no torque due to valve opening being excessive in the mid range

Real drivers, drive, can get the cars to the limit, get decent times, and report back. Others just comment on bench race specs, and buy based on perceived collectors specs of uniqueness, but never get those cars anywhere near to what they can perform.

I have never met a Supercup driver who would say the prior model was better than the new one....
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

I have never met a Supercup driver who would say that having changeable rear toe via an electromechanical computerized gizmo is a good idea...

Quick Reply: Where's Rad?