Sponsored by:

No 6 speed in the GT3. Ugh.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:15 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Tisibeast
Well, not a proper clutch anyway. I understand that the PDK is faster. It will make drivers faster. The car will be faster. But its moving a massive step away from a drivers car. No skill required, my 4 year old would be able to downshift rev match as fast as Michael Schumacher. That sucks. Maybe my age is showing, but I am really disappointed that Porsche is really truly going to do it without a 6 speed. Ugh.

PS. The interior is FAR too refined for my tastes. Is there a butler that serves you coffee from the cavernous interior as well?
You just described some of the things I love about my GT3. LOL
Old 06-29-2016, 09:32 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
You just described some of the things I love about my GT3. LOL
We have to meet up. Once again I'm with you.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:33 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce987
I know it's been awhile for this thread, but sorry to disagree with you about the warranty. My 2015 "F" engine threw a rod through the top of the block - size of my hand. PCNA covered it. They replaced the engine with a new "G" motor. I was candid with them as to the location and circumstances as to how the engine blew. They reassured me that the warranty would cover it and in fact I was told that Porsche does understand that their customers will and do take their cars to the track. When I mentioned the part about the warranty not valid if the car was at the track I was told it merely meant if an owner did an over rev (money shift) or if the car was modified in some way that caused the problem, the warranty would not cover it.
In Fairness, the 997 did have that exclusion, while the 991 actually is covered for track use in the manual. That is why it wasn't a hassle for you.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:08 PM
bruce987
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Holy thread revival...
After spending hours looking at some recent threads, decided to see what was happening "in the beginning" I guess I was a little bored.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:17 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce987
I know it's been awhile for this thread, but sorry to disagree with you about the warranty. My 2015 "F" engine threw a rod through the top of the block - size of my hand. PCNA covered it. They replaced the engine with a new "G" motor. I was candid with them as to the location and circumstances as to how the engine blew. They reassured me that the warranty would cover it and in fact I was told that Porsche does understand that their customers will and do take their cars to the track. When I mentioned the part about the warranty not valid if the car was at the track I was told it merely meant if an owner did an over rev (money shift) or if the car was modified in some way that caused the problem, the warranty would not cover it.
The discussion regarding warranty coverage that we had 3 years ago when this thread started was based on our knowledge of previous Porsche coverage for track use. Once the 991 GT3 came out and we saw the track warranty manual in the owner's docs we realized that Porsche had changed their policy and extended coverage to track driven GT3's. As you happily discovered.....

Quick Reply: No 6 speed in the GT3. Ugh.