Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991 GT3 / Exclusive pics and information. The real deal & at last some good news!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Im sure we will have some news on the CL system it uses too in regards to maintenance schedule. If they have addressed everything else that detractos on this board have thrown up in the last 8 months Im sure they will have addressed this too. I know the steering software and PDK have come in for improvements and revisions so why not the CL too. The only thing that wont fail to disappointing is the price....that will be more than before by a fair margin (but then PDK is included)....
Right- perhaps they've implemented solid hubs like the cup cars.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

If my memory serves me right, Manthey Racing is going to Le Mans with a 991 RSR on behalf of Porsche. Going on sheer speculation here, but if we're talking new motor and a select group of teams getting a 991 RSR, what are the odds they're doing the new motor testing?
Manthey is supposed to utilize the gt1 lump with the 991 in 2013.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Nizer. I love your comment re primer as the signature colour. Too right! Im sure that leaked picture below is in "white primer only colour code "CHEAP#1"
is USD 135K confirmed? any idea on UK base price?
thanks, peter
Old 02-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

markow. Expect the UK, RHD price to be 120 Euro + Tax equivalent in GBP. That is what has been indicated to me via Stuttgart dealer. the US price is not to go by - there price is less than the germany retail price!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:29 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

i'd imagine it would be at least 110k pounds
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 AM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i'd imagine it would be at least 110k pounds
that is what i am hoping for...could be higher though.
p
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

You guys are whining like little girl who just found out that her favourite lollipop flavour of strawberries and cream has just been replaced with double strawberries and cream...

PDK and paddleshift vs manual. Let me phrase this so that even Americans understand: Would you really like to fight against automatic assault rifles with a magazineless bolt-lock one?? The loading feeling of the latter might be authentic, genuine, original and true to tradition, but you'd find yourself dead pretty soon...

Centerlocks. The majority of GT3's with centerlocks have kept their wheels on. You just have to use proper tools and procedures for the job to be done correctly. Don't blame the mirror if you don't like the picture you see.

Engine. Most likely a magnificent one (again) even though it might have some relation to 9A1. It'll be a continuation to Porsche's proud racing heritage, just wait and see.

20" wheels. It's the future and although 19" would/will fit the chassis is tuned to those.

Exterior. Not much to complaint. As stated from previous posts the final verion will be slightly different ( Read: Even more awesome.) Again just wait the Geneva show...

Exterior. OK, here's something to improve. Although the center console has family connection to Carrera GT it's IMO to much...I hope that the RS has more simple one.

All above just my 2 cents...

Power. Lots is good, more is better, too much is just right...

'87 951, RIP
'00 996 C2 L92U AQ / IXAA IXRB IX54 M96/7.xx G96/7.88 M030 M375 M376 M436 M476 M601 M983 ... + 991 GT3 brakes, 997 GT3 sway bars, fully monoball'd suspension, Bilstein Cup Car coilovers, do88 Big Pack ICs. 10 & 12 x 19" BBS CH-R wheels with 265/30 & 325 /30 -19 MPSC2s.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

"PDK and paddleshift vs manual. Let me phrase this so that even Americans understand: Would you really like to fight against automatic assault rifles with a magazineless bolt-lock one?? The loading feeling of the latter might be authentic, genuine, original and true to tradition, but you'd find yourself dead pretty soon..."

Let me explain it so you can understand "Who cares what you think". Bad analogy, you wouldn't want me on the side of the "bolt Lock Rifle"
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are comparing a hobby to a gun fight? Sorry don't get the correlation. But I'll play.

Though I'll gladly take my chances in a manual 991 vs the quality of drivers the PDK is going to attract.

So yeah, I'll take the bolt-action and some skill and accuracy vs spray and pray knuckleheads with no skill.

You seem to have completely missed the point on the CL. The point is that they are a PITA, and for NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER!!!! They don't do anything but require more effort to change, don't shed any weight, require more maintenance, have shorter life span, and add more risk.

20" wheels are not the future. If they were, we would be seeing them on pro racing cars in pro racing series. How many 20" wheels have you seen in Grand-Am, ALMS, FIA GT, Lemans, etc etc etc?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
"PDK and paddleshift vs manual. Let me phrase this so that even Americans understand: Would you really like to fight against automatic assault rifles with a magazineless bolt-lock one?? The loading feeling of the latter might be authentic, genuine, original and true to tradition, but you'd find yourself dead pretty soon..."

Let me explain it so you can understand "Who cares what you think". Bad analogy, you wouldn't want me on the side of the "bolt Lock Rifle"
Originally Posted by wanna911
You are comparing a hobby to a gun fight? Sorry don't get the correlation. But I'll play.

Though I'll gladly take my chances in a manual 991 vs the quality of drivers the PDK is going to attract.

So yeah, I'll take the bolt-action and some skill and accuracy vs spray and pray knuckleheads with no skill.

You seem to have completely missed the point on the CL. The point is that they are a PITA, and for NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER!!!! They don't do anything but require more effort to change, don't shed any weight, require more maintenance, have shorter life span, and add more risk.

20" wheels are not the future. If they were, we would be seeing them on pro racing cars in pro racing series. How many 20" wheels have you seen in Grand-Am, ALMS, FIA GT, Lemans, etc etc etc?
+2
Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't waste your breathe champ... They'll understand when overtaken by their glossy new 20" wheel or when they get a $5k bill for their first and cheapest hub change!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

+3!!!

...and I'm a PDK guy too...but not by my choice ( hint.... don't ride motorcycles)..however PDK has been awesome. Center Locks SUCK...plain and simple...SUCK!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by 911rox
Don't waste your breathe champ... They'll understand when overtaken by their glossy new 20" wheel or when they get a $5k bill for their first and cheapest hub change!
Yup. As I said, if this spec is true, Porsche is equipping the car as it believes its intended buyer pool wants.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911;

I agree with you about 20" dubs on a 911 however the tire and wheel rules from these sanctioning racing body's mandate a certain size wheel and tire must be used....and that is 18".
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I like CL, I dont see the problem. I change them just as fast a 5 lugs no biggie.

If they were optional I would not pay extra for them, but they dont bother me at all. Never had any issues and I dont know of any RS that has problems.

Let me know when I can rent your GTS for a day to test PDK, I think it will bore me but I need a day in your car to decide. If I break it I buy it and it will be insured.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3 / Exclusive pics and information. The real deal & at last some good news!