Sponsored by:

my experience w/ PPF Suntek and Xpel

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:48 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by kblask
Try Mother's R3 right after you pull off, while all the track rubber is still warm. Comes off effortlessly. The longer you leave the track rubber on the PPF, the greater the chance of staining. I've used this for my last 4-5 track days, and not a single mark on my Xpel.

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-09224.../dp/B005R5WGCS
I used that stuff for awhile on my M3 but didn't like it as it always left a ghosting on the paint where it was applied that took a lot of effort to get off. After watching AMMO NYC talk about rubber removal after a track day I use a polishing compound that works great. The staining was clearly due to me leaving the rubber on the car too long.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:46 PM
JaysonReeves
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve heard a lot about Suntek and Xpel, but I’d like to say that there are too many new Ppf manufacturers whose trends are mostly technically developed. What’s more it is cheaper by price. Finally I’ve had my car wrapped with F-performance and I am never disappointed. The film is perfectly stuck on the car. The installers customized the clearBra. The film is absolutely not seen. The surface is purely ideal. When I’ve had a car accident it helped to protect the bumper. The stretches had been easily disappeared using the hot water.

Quick Reply: my experience w/ PPF Suntek and Xpel