Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Dundon Street Headers/Cats + oem vs loud vs quiet exhaust?

Old 07-10-2019, 02:34 PM
Anco
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fang911 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. How would you compare the Dundon catted street headers with oem exhaust vs a center muffler bypass alone in terms of volume? I’m looking for something louder and more intense than a CMB But without drone? For frame of reference, I daily drive the car to to three days a week 40 miles round-trip to work and would like something else sounds great but doesn’t become “too much”. Im also somewhat worried the catted headers + black (loud) mufller might be too much- what do owners of this combo think? I’m not so much interested in how it sounds on the outside, just from the driver seat-
The Dundon catted street headers with OEM muffler with the valves open are to my opinion a bit louder as just a CMB. You get everything you are looking for (better sound, more performance, and weight saving) with the street headers and the OEM centre muffler without much drone. I drove 6000km in the last 2 months with the Dundon street headers installed and inside the car it was absolutely fine all the time. With the valves closed and not to much throttle the car is still pretty quiet and on demand you can wake it up to beast mode. Buy it, try it and enjoy it. Pretty sure you won't regret it as it gives you everything you are asking for.
The following users liked this post:
[email protected] (07-11-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Seth Thomas
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fang911 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. How would you compare the Dundon catted street headers with oem exhaust vs a center muffler bypass alone in terms of volume? I’m looking for something louder and more intense than a CMB But without drone? For frame of reference, I daily drive the car to to three days a week 40 miles round-trip to work and would like something else sounds great but doesn’t become “too much”. Im also somewhat worried the catted headers + black (loud) mufller might be too much- what do owners of this combo think? I’m not so much interested in how it sounds on the outside, just from the driver seat-

Dundon headers, both street or race, have no drone with the stock center muffler. I have had both sets of headers on a 991 GT3 RS and wouldn't imagine either car without one of these sets on it. My friend who just bought a .2 GT3RS is itching to get a set of headers on his car after driving mine for a bit. The sound in the car is slightly louder than stock while cruising around. When you want it to go loud all you have to do is open up the exhaust with the throttle and it becomes nice and sporty. I don't daily my car but I could easily daily the car with the Street Headers on it. The same is said with the black muffler in my opinion. Slightly louder than stock but with the application of throttle you hear it more in the car.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Alan C.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forgot to mention. I've now logged 5000 miles on my Dundon street headers/stock center muffler combo. No complaints.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:54 PM
crayon991
User

For those of you running 991.2 3RS setups with the Dundon catted headers but retaining the stocker Ti centre muffer -- have you had any cracking issues (with the stock muffler)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Anco View Post
I bought the catted street headers and use it with the OEM centre muffler and very happy with the result. The car sounds much better as before and is already pretty loud to my opinion. It's more fun to drive and you have increased performance and weight savings. Great stuff the street headers and I use the OEM muffler because I have the intention to drive the GT3 for just 1 year till delivery of another car that i have on order otherwise i would buy the loud muffler as well to have a complete Dundon system with an even more spectaculair sound. To give you and idea about the sound with an OEM centre muffler you can check these video's:
https://youtu.be/ZS2xuFt6G_U (outside he car)
https://youtu.be/3IHs9LbuL3I (outside the car)
https://youtu.be/a6v01GIwUOM (inside the car)
For us Americans....that’s 213mph!!! Wow! So cool ...thanks for the videos, really awesome . Car sounds perfect!
Old 07-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Fang911
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you guys say that adding the black “loud” Dundon Exhaust to the Dundon street headers is significantly louder than using the OEM exhaust?
Old 07-11-2019, 04:45 PM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crayon991 View Post
For those of you running 991.2 3RS setups with the Dundon catted headers but retaining the stocker Ti centre muffer -- have you had any cracking issues (with the stock muffler)
If a street car will be fine. If tracked there is a risk, but so far others (like Seth Thomas) are ok

The stock muffler is a 2.5” lower flow path. Our mufflers are 3” so there is a benefit as the HP increases to have the 3” flow path.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:50 PM
[email protected]
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Wonder how catless headers with the quiet Dundon center muffler and valued bypass pipes will sound...
Alekshop has multiple Dundon Street Headers 991.2 GT3/RS passing with stock mufflers and GPS Valve device. A quiet muffler would pass as well and we have new tips we’re testing now in Europe for Franks Olive Green GT3...

Dundon Nurburgring tips

Dundon Nurburgring Tips

Dundon Nurburgring Tips
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM
Cay_PI
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to see an additional test sample of your tips in September (Salzburgring), feel free to contact me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: