Sponsored by:

Feeler: .2 GT3 6MT, PCCB, LEDs, buckets, FAL - $18k below MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
This doesn’t even make sense! I hope you’re advertising this elsewhere. I can’t even imagine how just a replaced bumper get 20k off MSRP on a car most dealers would sell for MSRP.
Because people don't think rationally. The same person that is going to freak about about a replaced bumper and try to lowball you will pay at sticker or higher for the SAME car from the dealer. People make no sense. I don't bother with private sales anymore. Not worth the brain damage.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:48 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Carfax is crazy, and it caused buyers to avoid for simple repairs. Good buy if you’re a long term keeper due to the trade will ding you on the sale, but the discount is really good so may be a wash.
Carfax and autocheck don't show an issue (autocheck score is 96).

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
This doesn’t even make sense! I hope you’re advertising this elsewhere. I can’t even imagine how just a replaced bumper get 20k off MSRP on a car most dealers would sell for MSRP.
Originally Posted by orthojoe
Because people don't think rationally. The same person that is going to freak about about a replaced bumper and try to lowball you will pay at sticker or higher for the SAME car from the dealer. People make no sense. I don't bother with private sales anymore. Not worth the brain damage.
Appreciate the comments. I get that it is a mental hurdle for some folks...I myself am pretty particular when I am on the other side. What I can say is that whoever the next owner is will get an example that is represented transparently (most dealers couldn't tell you how a car was treated by the prior owner even if they wanted to), was broken in properly (and over-serviced) and is cleaner than many cars with fewer miles. A couple examples (my favored "tells" when I am buying a car that is sight unseen):

Door sills:

Hips (line halfway up is edge of clear bra):

Console condition (note the protective sticker still on the screen):
Old 07-14-2019, 07:55 PM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Would advise using a consignment service of some sort. Everything you've described makes perfect sense to me, but you're really limiting yourself with potential buyers as a private seller. You may get what you're asking for now but not have to deal with the dreamers, time wasters, etc.

Good luck, its a great example and you seem to be a very forthright seller.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:55 PM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
Would advise using a consignment service of some sort. Everything you've described makes perfect sense to me, but you're really limiting yourself with potential buyers as a private seller. You may get what you're asking for now but not have to deal with the dreamers, time wasters, etc.

Good luck, its a great example and you seem to be a very forthright seller.
I hear you. GT cars I've had reasonably good luck transacting on rennlist. Low(ish) production, focused buyers who know which options matter and appreciate the value of A condition cars, etc. Other cars I send to dealers.

Personally I prefer buying cars on rennlist / pelican / etc. as you get a relatively accurate story on the car. My 997 GT3s were rennlist cars.

Optimistic we can keep her in the community.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:00 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

That car is beautiful. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2019, 03:12 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

SBM just rocks with yellow pccb. GLWS
Old 07-19-2019, 02:58 PM
911Nub
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At 20k off MSRP, can't you just sell it to a dealer? Get a few quotes, I am guessing that's the ballpark for dealer to take the car. Any advantage in your state to sell it private?
Old 07-19-2019, 03:14 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd take that sticker off the console screen. They can get rather firmly attached in the heat and can be difficult to remove or leave a residue.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:40 PM
carguy84
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

TuonoR, sent you an email.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:03 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

This car is gorgeous. GLWS

Quick Reply: Feeler: .2 GT3 6MT, PCCB, LEDs, buckets, FAL - $18k below MSRP