Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   GT3 991.1 Problem (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1148928-gt3-991-1-problem.html)

Shamir Udi 06-21-2019 10:34 PM

GT3 991.1 Problem

Hi Guys,

Forgive me for a question that was probably being asked before.

I got my new to me GT3 991.1 2015 from Porsche Livermore. Drove the car back home and got a warning message saying: Reduced power Driving permitted Consult a workshop.

The car made some noises and when coming to complete stop in traffic light the RPM was very unstable also the OIL pressure was on 3.5-4 and the PSI was high.

I was told that the car was standing for a long time and was not charged (i guess its not that).

Now my previous was 991.1 turbo and I understand that its different engine.

I have an appointment for this coming Monday and it seems that the car has an engine warranty until 2025.

will appreciate any feedback from previous experience.

Thanks in advance

Udi

zedcat 06-21-2019 10:52 PM

It could be finger follower/ cam wear (dealer will need to diagnose) in which case you will get a new engine under warranty. See the Admin threads on the "COG" and the 10 yr engine warranty for back ground. Best of luck, hope you get back on the road soon.

CubsFan1 06-21-2019 11:18 PM

Sorry to hear about this. I have spent some time sifting through threads on the 991.1, and in most situations the dealer has stepped up and honored the warranty. In any event it is always unfortunate and can be an inconvenience to deal with.

Aside from the engine warranty, many of the cars are sold CPO. Did you purchase it as CPO?

Good luck!

robmypro 06-21-2019 11:28 PM

What you described was exactly what happened to me when we were in Atlanta and I was doing the GT3 driving experience. It started idling rough. Chimes started going off. Messages appeared. That was crazy. Eerie crazy. The odds were what?? Off the charts.

New engine time. You just won the lottery. Congrats! The next engine will be solid.

Shamir Udi 06-22-2019 12:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it was not sold as CPO. Here is the car:

https://www.porschelivermore.com/inv...ac2a95fs189133

Shamir Udi 06-22-2019 12:13 AM

Thanks very much.

SmokinGTS 06-22-2019 01:42 AM

Porsche of Livermore has experience with your problem and will have no problem installing a new updated motor. Congrats you hit the lotto...

Jrtaylor9 06-22-2019 04:47 AM

Does the "new engine" removed the 991.1 engine issue. Meaning, do the new engines not go "bang"? Or just reduced odds but still go bang? I'll go check the dedicated thread but was curious for a friend that is looking at 991.1 gt3s.

itrsteve 06-22-2019 08:27 AM

Sounds like another lottery winner. Congrats!

robmypro 06-22-2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9 (Post 15924730)
Does the "new engine" removed the 991.1 engine issue. Meaning, do the new engines not go "bang"? Or just reduced odds but still go bang? I'll go check the dedicated thread but was curious for a friend that is looking at 991.1 gt3s.

Read the sticky about our COG meeting. Basically the new engine is solid.

fskof 06-22-2019 11:52 AM

And the new engine will be covered by Porsche. No expense to you. Congratulations

robmypro 06-22-2019 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by fskof (Post 15925084)
And the new engine will be covered by Porsche. No expense to you. Congratulations

I really need to drive this car at sea level. Not winning the lottery is frustrating. lol

Shamir Udi 06-22-2019 10:43 PM

Visited the dealership today, they ran diagnostics and found one miss fire that the engine correct itself (??).

The previous owner installed aftermarket exhaust that deleted the switch between normal / sport modes, the technician thinks that since I pressed the button it the sensor sent malfunction code.
They cleared the code, also I've purchased 5y Porsche extended warranty, apparently,Porsche offer the extended warranty for all GT cars (wasn't cheap).

I'll keep a look and if the error will come back again no brainer im at the dealership again.

Drove 200miles today and it was EPIC.

chance6 06-23-2019 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shamir Udi (Post 15924361)
Hi Guys,

Forgive me for a question that was probably being asked before.

I got my new to me GT3 991.1 2015 from Porsche Livermore. Drove the car back home and got a warning message saying: Reduced power Driving permitted Consult a workshop.

The car made some noises and when coming to complete stop in traffic light the RPM was very unstable also the OIL pressure was on 3.5-4 and the PSI was high.

I was told that the car was standing for a long time and was not charged (i guess its not that).

Now my previous was 991.1 turbo and I understand that its different engine.

I have an appointment for this coming Monday and it seems that the car has an engine warranty until 2025.

will appreciate any feedback from previous experience.

Thanks in advance

Udi

That could be anything.

obbob 06-24-2019 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shamir Udi (Post 15926198)
Visited the dealership today, they ran diagnostics and found one miss fire that the engine correct itself (??).

The previous owner installed aftermarket exhaust that deleted the switch between normal / sport modes, the technician thinks that since I pressed the button it the sensor sent malfunction code.
They cleared the code, also I've purchased 5y Porsche extended warranty, apparently,Porsche offer the extended warranty for all GT cars (wasn't cheap).

I'll keep a look and if the error will come back again no brainer im at the dealership again.

Drove 200miles today and it was EPIC.

Good to hear. However, the technician's reason doesn't make sense. The exhaust valve button is literally just a vacuum line to a valve. Unless you meant the sport engine button.