kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Old 06-30-2019, 06:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
I’m disappointed that such a respected member of the forum would make so many false and misleading statements with no actual knowledge of the situation. And not making an effort to contact us to even ask. We typically don’t respond to such forum noise. But your comments are false and slanderous and force us to reply. I’m guessing you have other relationships or reasons for personally attacking us with no real facts nor basis to do so. All of your baseless accusations are patently false.

CMS
Just sort it out.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Just sort it out.
Back on topic....which pads are you running with the ST rotors?
Old 07-01-2019, 12:09 AM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Back on topic....which pads are you running with the ST rotors?
We have used both Pagid RS29 and RSC1 pads with them. The RS29 will increase the wear rate but give you more initial bite than the RSC1. We are also going to try Race Technologies RE10 and PFC 11 compounds along with Pagid RSC2 in the near future.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
We have used both Pagid RS29 and RSC1 pads with them. The RS29 will increase the wear rate but give you more initial bite than the RSC1. We are also going to try Race Technologies RE10 and PFC 11 compounds along with Pagid RSC2 in the near future.
Can you guys please try Endless ME20s? They are easier on rotors than RE10s from my understanding and I prefer the bite on ME20s over the RE10s (on slotted steel rotors).
Old 07-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Guys, be careful with resellers selling leftover, or grey import stuff and have no product knowledge.
I don't even see real savings here over the real thing?!

Autoquest is the importer for ST and is very knowledgeable about ST rotors and after reading some posts here, I am not so sure that's the case with CMS and perhaps CMS needs to contact them to become a dealer and make sure you do not damage the reputation of a great product.
The value in getting them direct from ST, via their official reseller is that you get first rate hardware and the hats are balanced by ST in UK.

When I read you're going to take them apart, or who knows where you get the hats and balance them with the rotors and even offer to paint them, I cringe.
When you think you can measure wear on the rotor by measuring the thickness, you are wrong, do not understand the product and I see a lot of problems for users.

Autoquest has loaners rotors in the US, invests in sponsoring charities for ST, and builds the brand.
They are the exclusive North American Importers.

I've run ST rotors for many track days now and very happy to have a product as an alternative to the PCCB's and for sure the products needs more dealer representation all over the US and even Europe.
Its surprising how few know about this product, even though there are only two manufacturers in the world for us, ST and Brembo. One can be refurbished and is tightly controlled by car manufacturers, one can be refurbished and is much cheaper.

I can really appreciate CMS effort here to bring more of these rotors to market, but it would benefit everyone of done through the proper channels with p[roper information and product knowledge.
Hopefully you guys just jumped the gun a bit and can sort it out with Amy and Gavin at Autoquest.

[url]https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-11
"North American Distributor – AutoQuest Motorsports"

https://surfacetransforms.com/distributors

I couldn't get hold of Gavin today, I know he is travelling, but I'm sure they will add if not deleted.

. 3 weeks ago I got an unsolicited call from the guy in Toronto. He told me he was supplying CMS with ST. Knowing AutoQuest for maybe 15 years and being friends with Gavin and Amy and knowing they are the legitimate North American Importers......I was reluctant to get involved.

Think all Peter is trying to do is protect the potential buyers.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 07-01-2019, 04:08 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 07-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Clark-ApexPerformance
. 3 weeks ago I got an unsolicited call from the guy in Toronto. He told me he was supplying CMS with ST. Knowing AutoQuest for maybe 15 years and being friends with Gavin and Amy and knowing they are the legitimate North American Importers......I was reluctant to get involved.

Think all Peter is trying to do is protect the potential buyers.
Is this the same guy that went on here claiming to be another distributor a few months ago?
Old 07-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Is this the same guy that went on here claiming to be another distributor a few months ago?
If you are referring to the guy IN So Cal that got booted off this site.....yes they are interconnected. When the guy from Toronto (CMSs Supplier) called to "pitch me"
I asked him about the So Cal guy selling STs. He admitted that he had been supplying him. Think the guy fromSo Cal took money and delivered nothing.

Last edited by Clark-ApexPerformance; 07-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:07 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

It’s Canada Day. Be nice to Toronto.
The following users liked this post:
CMS (07-10-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 11:53 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont have a dog in this fight but I will say this. I have bought lots and lots of wheels, tires, sensors, gloves, shirts, seats, brackets, and other parts from Brian at CMS. He has always done what he promised; always sent me the right product; and stood behind the product. Brian and CMS have sent me forgeline wheels 2 air before just to get me a replacement set before a track weekend. So, I would tend to give brian and CMS a little more credit than what Peter (Trakcar) appears to be giving. I value Peter's opinion as well and he is usually in the know on this forum. But, frankly, this sounds like a case of fear of competition in the marketplace. We should all be happy with a little healthy competition. I wouldnt want to be limited to one distributor of a product - it will only help to serve us consumers if we have options on availability and pricing. Good luck with the new ST line Brian and CMS.

I should also note that I have bought many sets of brake pads and rotors from Clark at Apex (along with other car products). He is the man when it comes to brakes and brake related questions. Clark has always done an excellent job and I'll continue to shop with him as well.

There is plenty of room at the table - plenty of room for trustworthy sellers/distributors.
The following 2 users liked this post by 911therapy:
CMS (07-10-2019), gt3.997 (07-04-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 10:10 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

did anyone get these rotors? are they new?

thx
Old 07-12-2019, 10:15 AM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 9972RS
did anyone get these rotors? are they new?

thx
We are shipping our first sets this week, complete with Pagid RSC1 pads. To answer your question, yes, they are brand new from STCC.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:04 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 163 Posts

Any news on this group buy? Details?
Old 08-05-2019, 06:21 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by M3the01
Any news on this group buy? Details?
Yes sir. PM sent.