Surface Transforms Carbon Ceramics Now At CMS

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:56 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by jp884
I second that, could you PM a price on these? Thanks.
Pricing is on a link in the very first post - click here:

https://competitionmotorsport.com/po...amic-rotor-kit
Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

It’s 13,000.
12,000 if you ask nice.

I just paid 14,000 at Smokies event for the Autoquest donated set for Charity for my second set.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:53 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani
Just had these made for my 996 GT3, the guys that manufactured them supply McLaren (road and F1) Moto GP, F1, WRC etc, no black here (just 50 shades of grey...)

Cooling unaffected by greyish colour anodising btw

The grey looks much better than gold
Old 06-26-2019, 01:02 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Has anybody seen any lap time improvements from going from irons to the ST/PCCB setup?

Is there a real world advantage that most track rats would see a benefit from?
Old 06-26-2019, 01:06 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Has anybody seen any lap time improvements from going from irons to the ST/PCCB setup?

Is there a real world advantage that most track rats would see a benefit from?
Yes, Trakcar posted some data with significant improvement (but biggest reason for change was longevity and consistency).
Old 06-28-2019, 03:50 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
Around $13K is a very attractive alternative to factory PCCB, plus I can sell my irons to lower my cost. But any chance of a group buy???
BTW what's involved in "refurbishing" a set of 4 rotors at $2400?
Great news fellas - ask and you shall receive! We have secured a group buy program. We need (3) more buyers to secure the special pricing only available thru the 4th of July. PM us, or better yet email us at sales@competitionmotorsport.com for all the details and to place your order.
CMS
Old 06-28-2019, 05:02 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Great news fellas - ask and you shall receive! We have secured a group buy program. We need (3) more buyers to secure the special pricing only available thru the 4th of July. PM us, or better yet email us at sales@competitionmotorsport.com for all the details and to place your order.
CMS
Can you share more details in price on here? Is this offer iron replacements (red caliper) on the 991.2 GT3, or something else.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:28 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
CMS
If you don't mind please PM me the details.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:54 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by signes
If you don't mind please PM me the details.
PM sent.

Great news! We have received enough orders for the group buy to proceed. Get your orders in now to take advantage of the special group buy pricing. Best to contact us at sales@competitionmotorsport.com
Old 06-29-2019, 02:26 AM
Marto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Published by "Interactive Investor", 28 June 2019:

OTHER MAIN MARKET AND AIM - WINNERS
----------
Surface Transforms, up 23%. The brake disc manufacturer said it has been awarded a contract to supply ceramic brake discs to an existing UK original equipment manufacturer, whom it didn't name. The new contract award by 'OEM 6' is for a new car that will be produced over three years with the start of production scheduled towards the end of 2021. Surface Transforms expects the contract to generate revenue of GBP6 million over its lifetime. Surface Transforms secured a second new contract with Swedish car manufacturer Koenigsegg Automotive, for its new 300 miles per hour supercar Jesko. The Jesko will replace the Regara model with an expected start of production in the autumn of 2020.

Last edited by Marto; 06-29-2019 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Add year to article date
Old 06-30-2019, 02:54 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
PM sent.

Great news! We have received enough orders for the group buy to proceed. Get your orders in now to take advantage of the special group buy pricing. Best to contact us at sales@competitionmotorsport.com
Can you PM me the details on this group buy? Thanks
Old 06-30-2019, 04:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Krell- which pads would you like with your ST rotors?
I love Endless ME20 pads and I believe that they are easy on rotors.

I'm also interested in the group buy for steel rotors...
Old 06-30-2019, 03:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Guys, be careful with resellers selling leftover, or grey import stuff and have no product knowledge.
I don't even see real savings here over the real thing?!

Autoquest is the importer for ST and is very knowledgeable about ST rotors and after reading some posts here, I am not so sure that's the case with CMS and perhaps CMS needs to contact them to become a dealer and make sure you do not damage the reputation of a great product.
The value in getting them direct from ST, via their official reseller is that you get first rate hardware and the hats are balanced by ST in UK.

When I read you're going to take them apart, or who knows where you get the hats and balance them with the rotors and even offer to paint them, I cringe.
When you think you can measure wear on the rotor by measuring the thickness, you are wrong, do not understand the product and I see a lot of problems for users.

Autoquest has loaners rotors in the US, invests in sponsoring charities for ST, and builds the brand.
They are the exclusive North American Importers.

I've run ST rotors for many track days now and very happy to have a product as an alternative to the PCCB's and for sure the products needs more dealer representation all over the US and even Europe.
Its surprising how few know about this product, even though there are only two manufacturers in the world for us, ST and Brembo. One can be refurbished and is tightly controlled by car manufacturers, one can be refurbished and is much cheaper.

I can really appreciate CMS effort here to bring more of these rotors to market, but it would benefit everyone of done through the proper channels with p[roper information and product knowledge.
Hopefully you guys just jumped the gun a bit and can sort it out with Amy and Gavin at Autoquest.

https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-11
"North American Distributor – AutoQuest Motorsports"

https://surfacetransforms.com/distributors

I couldn't get hold of Gavin today, I know he is travelling, but I'm sure they will add if not deleted.

The following users liked this post:
thebishman (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:13 PM
raysmd
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

???

gray market rotors?

can surface transform chime in here?
Old 06-30-2019, 05:17 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

We are disappointed that a supposedly respected member of the forum would make so many false and misleading statements with no actual knowledge in hand, making no effort to contact us to even ask. We typically don’t respond to such forum noise, but TRAKCAR's comments are so ridiculous and obviously self-serving we are compelled to reply. Competition Motorsport deals only in authorized, genuine products across the board; Surface Transforms rotors are no exception. We don't deal in seconds, knock-offs or cobbled-together fakes. Of course shop wisely and do your homework, if you have questions you can give us a call anytime.

Regards,
CMS

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Guys, be careful with resellers selling leftover, or grey import stuff and have no product knowledge.
I don't even see real savings here over the real thing?!

Autoquest is the importer for ST and is very knowledgeable about ST rotors and after reading some posts here, I am not so sure that's the case with CMS and perhaps CMS needs to contact them to become a dealer and make sure you do not damage the reputation of a great product.
The value in getting them direct from ST, via their official reseller is that you get first rate hardware and the hats are balanced by ST in UK.

When I read you're going to take them apart, or who knows where you get the hats and balance them with the rotors and even offer to paint them, I cringe.
When you think you can measure wear on the rotor by measuring the thickness, you are wrong, do not understand the product and I see a lot of problems for users.

Autoquest has loaners rotors in the US, invests in sponsoring charities for ST, and builds the brand.
They are the exclusive North American Importers.

I've run ST rotors for many track days now and very happy to have a product as an alternative to the PCCB's and for sure the products needs more dealer representation all over the US and even Europe.
Its surprising how few know about this product, even though there are only two manufacturers in the world for us, ST and Brembo. One can be refurbished and is tightly controlled by car manufacturers, one can be refurbished and is much cheaper.

I can really appreciate CMS effort here to bring more of these rotors to market, but it would benefit everyone of done through the proper channels with p[roper information and product knowledge.
Hopefully you guys just jumped the gun a bit and can sort it out with Amy and Gavin at Autoquest.

[url]https://www.autoquestcars.com/custom-11
"North American Distributor – AutoQuest Motorsports"

https://surfacetransforms.com/distributors

I couldn't get hold of Gavin today, I know he is travelling, but I'm sure they will add if not deleted.

Last edited by CMS; 07-12-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Surface Transforms Carbon Ceramics Now At CMS