Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you happy with your replacement battery in your GT3?

Old 06-26-2019, 03:00 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,700 Likes on 2,681 Posts

I love the idea of the Bluetooth Battery Tracker (even considering one for the stock battery). How much current does this device draw from the battery while the car is sitting (but monitoring and reporting over Bluetooth)?

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...acker-lithium/
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (08-10-2022)
Old 06-26-2019, 03:28 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by krell
Voltphreaks is being installed in about two weeks. Shop just needs to fab a simple aluminum bracket and should be good to go.
Careful if you are to endure harsh Winters.

Years ago I went with Braille because of the bracket issue and concerns about the ability to withstand cold conditions. The Braille is still kicking butt now over 3 years later but when it goes will go with the Ant-gravity
Old 06-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 975 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
I finally got my 24Ah go really low, it was at 14% yesterday. I left an ODB2 bluetooth device that connects to a data logger intentionally there to get the battery low. Car started fine, but at the first turn I got a RWS error. A 5 min drive brought the charge to 20%. I drove another 15 minutes and the charge went up to 40% (still low). Plugging it later to the Antigravity battery maintainer. It took 8 days to discharge to this level with the MXLink ODB2 transmitter. With the ODB2 device, it has lasted weeks.

Awesome long lasting reserve. My Porsche OEM Lithium would have died with the same ODB2 device in less than a week (because it already did).
Appreciate that update, thanks...

The RWS error/flag will be thrown for low voltage conditions from the battery as you saw and are probably aware of already. So that just as it will be when the battery gets a bit over-discharged, but it will bounce back after a bit of driving just as you described.

For others to understand.... The 24Ah is our lowest Amp Hour Capacity offered. It is meant for those (like A/S) who understand it is the lowest Amp Hour, and lightest version of the Battery, and more intended for Track Cars. Of course it may be used on the Street IF the User is fully aware that this lower Amp Hour Capacity needs to be watched more closely because it is not intended for Cars with added accessories, or that are stored for longer time between drives.

The 30Ah and 40Ah Versions are the more Street use batteries being they have more Amp Hour capacity which also translates in more power and longer storage times as well as being able to handle the extra draws if you have Cameras or other aftermarket accessories on your Car. . Power isn't really a concern being even our smaller batteries can start the GT3s... the main concern is the capacity for your type of driving.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9914s
When do you expect to have the 40 battery in stock for a GT3?
Well we are getting them back in stock over the next 3 days....

We will have H6 in 30 and 40Ah. H7 also.. but GT3 is H6/Group48 size. H7 is in the Turbos and others... BUT whether GT3, Turbos or other 911s they can all fit H6/H7/H8 sizes since the Battery Tray (like in the image below) has an adjustable cleat position. But for GT3s its H6 Size.

24Ah models are also in stock... but again meant for track vehicles or for those who are understanding they are a lower amp hour model..

Last edited by Antigravity; 06-27-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Careful if you are to endure harsh Winters.

Years ago I went with Braille because of the bracket issue and concerns about the ability to withstand cold conditions. The Braille is still kicking butt now over 3 years later but when it goes will go with the Ant-gravity
Car is stored on a tender during winter so not a concern.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:57 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Love my antigravity. Didn't drive the car when I was on vacation. Hit the reserve/reset button on the battery, started right up. Not to mention the weight savings. I feel it in the turns.......jk
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (08-10-2022)
Old 06-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by garudatwo
Does the car crank any faster on cold starts with the Li battery?
Yes it would crank faster if you have the 30Ah and 40Ah sizes ... the 40Ah especially will handle even freezing weather.

The 24Ah in close to freezing weather would be sluggish on first start attempt... but would come back to full power after the first start attempt because lithium self-warms upon current discharge... BUT I will NEVER recommend the 24Ah for Colder weather Driving. Cold weather regions I ONLY recommend 40Ah. We don't want any issues when we recommend a battery, if you often drive in snow or close to freezing weather get the 40Ah. It will rip start in cold weather. The more Amp Hours the more Capacity and more over-head in Power.

The 40Ah in the RS is actually noticeably faster spinning than the 24Ah which is about as fast as stock Lead/Acid.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:23 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A/S
I'm happy and satisfied with the support, technology and dependability of my Group 48 24Ah Antigravity 9 lbs or so battery. For a daily driver, I would go with their 40Ah.

I have had the 2 flavors of Porsche OEM Lithium, and 4 Lithium batteries from 4 brands I won't name. From all these 6 batteries, only 1 is alive, the others died or burned.

There is a $35 Antigravity Bluetooth add-on that I use all the time. My iPhone app (works with Google too) connects to the battery and provides me actual charge level, no more guessing. This battery has been in my car for 5 months now, and only 2 times I used their Battery conditioner, not knowing the state of the charge level (pre-bluetooth thingy). I can check the battery status from my tow vehicle or from my office.
Installation took 5 minutes, easier to install than the stock heavy battery.

Hey A/S just noticed you were talking about percentages on the Battery Tracker. So wanted to clarify this for you and everyone.

The most ACCURATE reading on the Battery Tracker is always the VOLTAGE it portrays. I only say this because the Percentage reading is sort of a "general status" of the battery. Meaning we had to design the Battery Tracker to give the "average consumer" a quick way to understand if their battery was charged since the average Customers won't know what voltage represents a good state of charge, So the voltage number would not mean much to them, so we included the percentage reading also. But additionally I also programmed it so that percentage number is a little low... the reason is because we really want to WARN the average Customer well before-hand if their battery is getting low so they take action sooner. . So its a bit skewed to be more conservative and making sure that the Customer is aware they are approaching a low battery status sooner.

I only say this because 13.2v as seen in your picture is actually the perfect resting voltage and what we consider great and where the battery will sit for weeks and months when at a good resting voltage in the car, the battery will always go back down to this voltage after a charge or driving. Yet it shows, as you see on your Tracker 80%... So it might seem like 80% is low.. but its actually not... that actually it resting voltage and perfect. Just wanted to clarify.

For everyone our Battery Tracker is made in Lithium and Lead Acid versions, but either work... they just account for the mild voltage variations between Lead or Lithium... but even if you put a Lead/Acid Tracker on a Lithium Battery and go by the Voltage it is still entirely accurate... because the voltage is the real number you would use to monitor your battery status.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:42 AM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Well we are getting them back in stock over the next 3 days....

We will have H6 in 30 and 40Ah. H7 also.. but GT3 is H6/Group48 size. H7 is in the Turbos and others... BUT whether GT3, Turbos or other 911s they can all fit H6/H7/H8 sizes since the Battery Tray has and adjustable cleat. But for GT3s its H6 Size.

24Ah models are also in stock... but again meant for track vehicles or for those who are understanding they are a lower amp hour model..
Quick follow up question will I receive the H6 battery ready to use or needs to be charged?

Last edited by 9914s; 06-27-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:22 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrantG
I love the idea of the Bluetooth Battery Tracker (even considering one for the stock battery). How much current does this device draw from the battery while the car is sitting (but monitoring and reporting over Bluetooth)?

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...acker-lithium/
sorry Grant, missed replying to this yesterday going through responses....the tracker current is rated at 1mA
Old 06-27-2019, 12:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,700 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
sorry Grant, missed replying to this yesterday going through responses....the tracker current is rated at 1mA
Ah, well that's pretty close to nothing
Old 06-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 9914s
Quick follow up question will I receive the H6 battery ready to use or needs to be charged?
Ready to use right out of the box!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:53 PM
sattman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the battery tracker app support multiple batteries?
Old 06-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by sattman
does the battery tracker app support multiple batteries?
Yes it does, so you can essentially have 5 batteries running off of the same app. So in other words you can be monitoring 5 different vehicles. In the settings each tracker can be renamed so as to identify each vehicle and then you can select one you would like to connect to and view information on.

But also you should ONLY use ONE Phone or Tablet for those vehicles or not have both devices in the same area.... For example if you have a Phone and a Tablet, both with the Battery Tracker App and both linked to your vehicles... and they are BOTH within 30ft of the car they would fight for the Bluetooth signal and turn off and on repeatedly. So if you have the app on two different devices, that is OK, but you have to make sure one of the devices is far out of range of the other so they are not fighting for the same Bluetooth signal.

Last edited by Antigravity; 06-28-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey everyone! I just wanted to reach out and let all of you know that we are having some great specials running over the 4th of July Holiday weekend! And YES! the Automotive batteries are now in stock! Don't forget about the excellent new Bluetooth Battery Tracker as well as our award winning Microstarts as the sale is site wide. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are you happy with your replacement battery in your GT3?