Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did TWO GT3RS.2 really have engine failures at Watkins Glen??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 11:45 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

No, were talking 991 RS failures. There have been VERY few. Like less than a hand full.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:55 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by zmangt3
He doesn't want his rs to be threatened by McLaren..lol. with the shear growth and performance of McLaren I think it's too late. Maybe the 992 rs will have something.....yeah tons and tons of serious gt car failures over the 991 history but hey let's not talk about those. Sometimes the radio doesn't work in the McLaren so it must be a pile. Of course he has zero first hand experience..just a couch jockey.

Yep his contributions get old
My RS threatened by Mac? Seriously? Lol. 991.1 GT3 s had cam issues due to a supplier issue which PAG has stood behind without hesitation or issue. There were no RS issues.

As as pointed out by owners Mac build quality and reliability was less than stellar in the past few years. Seems to have improved but based on posts still seems to be hit and miss. Couch jockey? Lol. Nah, just pointing out what owners have said here and on other threads. Your rave reviews on your own choice of car doesn’t sweep those issues under the rug. Ever wonder why anytime there is a op thread discussing Mac owners come out of the wood work to voice there issues. When that stops being a recurring event MAC will be on the same level as Porsche imho. Until then you think what you want and spend your dough where you want and I’ll do likewise. Tired of my posts hit the ignore feature.

When Macs stop bleeding off 25% to 33% in value in 2 years and costing $50k more for the same performance come back and we’ll talk.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:04 AM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
My RS threatened by Mac? Seriously? Lol. 991.1 GT3 s had cam issues due to a supplier issue which PAG has stood behind without hesitation or issue. There were no RS issues.

As as pointed out by owners Mac build quality and reliability was less than stellar in the past few years. Seems to have improved but based on posts still seems to be hit and miss.

When Macs stop bleeding off 25% to 33% in value in 2 years and costing $50k more for the same performance come back and we’ll talk.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:07 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Well at least we’re both laughing. 🤣
Old 06-18-2019, 12:13 AM
zmangt3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well at least we’re both laughing. 🤣
As you can tell from others post we really love your hear say input. I own both and have done real world testing at my two tracks I belong to. You keep listening and reading the internet so you can make your next post. Your numbers and depreciation are the best. Your screen name fits perfect. Bravo!
Old 06-18-2019, 04:02 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

nice chatting.
but its engine blows up its warrantied.
I used to worry a lot
now I don't wear panties and they don't get all twisted up.
if it blows up, well it blows up....

chill
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 AM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nice chatting.
I used to worry a lot

chill
I researched this one time . The general new car warranty book excluded track /race use even at Porsche track days . Roadside assistance was also not available .

Thoughts on the above ? There is always going to be wink/wink stuff with dealers but when push comes to shove then ....
Old 06-18-2019, 04:27 AM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
I researched this one time . The general new car warranty book excluded track /race use even at Porsche track days . Roadside assistance was also not available .

Thoughts on the above ? There is always going to be wink/wink stuff with dealers but when push comes to shove then ....
Page 10, note 1

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore...nty-Manual.pdf
Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

^^^depends on circumstances - use true slicks and you will be a goner. Modify the engine/ecu or change the diff and you will be a goner too. If you keep it stock, and within reason, you'll be fine.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
nice chatting.
I used to worry a lot

chill
Agreed. 👍
Old 06-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

As you can tell from others post we really love your hear say input. I own both and have done real world testing at my two tracks I belong to. You keep listening and reading the the complaints from Mac owners every time a thread appears with Mac in the title so you can make your next post. Your numbers and depreciation are the best. Your screen name fits perfect. Bravo!
Fixed it for you. 😎

Your mean you and the other Mac owners love my input. I get it. Facts can be inconvenient. Those facts are the post complaints from Mac owner right here on this forum. Not commenting on whether those posts are accurate but just that they appear with regularity.

So so far the LT seems to be a reliable car. Hope it stays that way. I do like it.

Me at Lime Rock last weekend Waxing up a storm. Lol. 👍

Last edited by Waxer; 06-18-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:43 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fixed it for you. 😎

Your mean you and the other Mac owners love my input. I get it. Facts can be inconvenient. Those facts are the post complaints from Mac owner right here on this forum. Not commenting on whether those posts are accurate but just that they appear with regularity.

So so far the LT seems to be a reliable car. Hope it stays that way. I do like it.

Me at Lime Rock last weekend Waxing up a storm. Lol. 👍

600LT reliable? Absolutely not lol...
Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MrNurse
600LT reliable? Absolutely not lol...
I haven’t read or heard about any 600LT issues and it has been out for a while. You have other info?
Old 06-23-2019, 12:25 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Looks to me that note 1 is on page 6 of the booklet and actual wording is "may" and NOT "will".
Old 06-26-2019, 06:03 AM
s4corrado996tt
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks all for valuable info!

Quick Reply: Did TWO GT3RS.2 really have engine failures at Watkins Glen??