Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber for GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 09:12 PM
twospyders
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber for GT3?

I just saw a black GT3RS with carbon fiber hood, roof, mirrors and wing. I loved it.

I have a black GT3 coming in. Is it possible to purchase a Porsche made carbon fiber hood and wing to replace the current ones? Would this impact (harm, help, or neither)- the resale value?

if Porsche doesn’t sell them- what are the after market alternatives and their impact on resale too?

thx in advance!
Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
AiRick
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 13 Posts

https://carbon-designz.com/porsche/911/9912-gt3.html
Old 06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,708 Likes on 712 Posts

Wow those prices are much more reasonable. Got a quote from Techart $10k for lip, airblade, rear diffuser and tailpipe kit.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:49 PM
twospyders
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Wow those prices are much more reasonable. Got a quote from Techart $10k for lip, airblade, rear diffuser and tailpipe kit.
Funny- I thought those prices were high. The Porsche W package seems much cheaper.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:29 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,708 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by twospyders
Funny- I thought those prices were high. The Porsche W package seems much cheaper.
You might be right. I was going by the Front lip which is $2k less but upon looking at the rest it is pretty high. Then add the type of fiber, tax and shipping. (face palm) lol
Old 06-07-2019, 02:18 AM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts
Question

I just saw a black GT3RS with carbon fiber hood, roof, mirrors and wing. I loved it.

I have a black GT3 coming in. Is it possible to purchase a Porsche made carbon fiber hood and wing to replace the current ones? Would this impact (harm, help, or neither)- the resale value?

if Porsche doesn’t sell them- what are the after market alternatives and their impact on resale too?

thx in advance!
You can buy .1 GT3RS CF hood prime or painted for about $5K (excluding shipping) from https://www.instagram.com/sgr_automotive/

There is no OEM CF wing for your .2 GT3
Old 06-07-2019, 02:37 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Twospyders.

Isn't it amazing though how much we love carbon fiber?

I want an unpainted clear coat carbon fiber GT2 hood with the scoops for my lowly .1 GT3 but I'd also like to have that half year of tuition for USC saved up for my daughter also even though she's only 14. Lol.

Thanks for the Instagram link brother. Those guys have some cool stuff!

Who wants to start a carbon fiber business with me and create all of these parts for half the prices we see out there?

I can't imagine the manufacturing costs are half of what these guys charge. It must be marked up 1000% or something. Some broke defense industry company out there must have a spare huge autoclave sitting around out back they can't get rid of.

Hell, I love carbon fiber so much I'd eat my morning cereal out a carbon fiber bowl with a carbon fiber spoon if I could. Ha ha
The following users liked this post:
RKGT3 (07-10-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 05:13 AM
twospyders
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NCheok
You can buy .1 GT3RS CF hood prime or painted for about $5K (excluding shipping) from https://www.instagram.com/sgr_automotive/

There is no OEM CF wing for your .2 GT3
Thank you! Great resource.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:16 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

http://aprperformance.com/racing-veh...rsche-991-gt3/
Old 06-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Some of te CF vinyl Wraps are amazing. Just a thought
Old 06-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

You can buy the oem hood and mirror housings from suncoast

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...12RSWHOOD.html

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991GT3SHELL.html
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 AM
RKGT3
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

thx in advance!
I actually did my entire 991.2 GT3 all in carbon fiber, basically anything that was black on car was replaced - including my spoiler & winglets. On the exterior CF was TechArt bought through Tag Motorsports and interior CF I bought through DB Carbon - see pics from my album on Rennlist. The only OEM CF item from Porsche are the exterior side mirrors (top part). Overall I spent well over $10K for the CF on the car. Expensive, but I loved the way it looked. I did these upgrades last year and todays market you have more choices / companies to buy from.

I literally just traded in my GT3 for an RS with WP. On the resale value the dealership did not care on the upgrades at all and valued the GT3 on market demand and mileage. In either private sale or trade in, you will have buyers that love those items or immediately look away. Overall I think you should just enjoy the car and the upgrades you do to it. Lets face it that this is a depreciating asset, upgrades or no upgrades it always depends on the buyer.

The links below is my album and the other is my old GT3 being sold from the dealer.

https://rennlist.com/g/user/211517

https://www.ferraricf.com/details-20...0js174905.html
Old 07-11-2019, 12:39 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

thx in advance!
Vorsteiner has a carbon fiber hood, and Techart makes some very nice pieces!
Here's a car we did recently with a some carbon fiber.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
The following 2 users liked this post by gmgracing:
fijibubba (06-05-2020), thinkingmonkey (06-06-2020)
Old 06-05-2020, 01:35 AM
robert colt
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call ABUSHI IN BROOKLYN NY AT 718-729-5300 for the Gt3 rs factory bonnet. $12,000.

call me if your interested in buying a $18,000 gt3 rs bonnet for $12,000
i bought it from Porsche dealership parts counter. The story was that the buyer wanted all black carbon fiber look not painted. So they put a new one on.

thx in advance!

Last edited by robert colt; 06-05-2020 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Changing location of hood
Old 06-05-2020, 01:46 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by robert colt
call me if your interested in buying a $18,000 gt3 rs bonnet for $12,000
i bought it from Porsche dealership parts counter. The story was that the buyer wanted all black carbon fiber look not painted. So they put a new one on.
id make sure you really check it out. I had mine replaced under warranty for very slight defects and it cost the dealer about twice what you’re saying cost is. Many of these Weissach CF products had tiny flaws which is why owners are only just now getting CF steering wheel covers after almost 2 years as well as the creation of the 909 Weissach package with painted hood mid-way through production.

update:
Vin #4339 was an early production 808Weissach GT3RS (7/18 completion)
it was produced/delivered with a painted hood and replaced with the exposed carbon fiber hood under recall/warranty in 2019 for free. The only reason the dealer would have this (and be able to sell it) is if they took the car on trade and owned It/had it listed when the exposed cf hood became available. Otherwise it would be the property of the Original car owner.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber for GT3?