991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all speedster allocations in?

Old 05-30-2019, 08:17 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

I believe all allocators have been spoken foe and locked in. My dealer gave the wrong color code for my allocation and Porsche would not allow them to change it to the correct one. So, I had to pass on mine, as I cannot stand the PTS color they selected.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:43 PM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by RS911
I believe all allocators have been spoken foe and locked in. My dealer gave the wrong color code for my allocation and Porsche would not allow them to change it to the correct one. So, I had to pass on mine, as I cannot stand the PTS color they selected.
Wow. That sucks. Curious what you ordered and what they submitted. You must have an early build as I thought some of the later builds are not officially locked yet
Old 05-31-2019, 12:30 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I have to say that sucks, but also if I may ask, what color did you want and what color did they order? It seems like a highly negligent mistake (unless it was Golf Blue and Gulf Blue which seems to have happened twice — once in each direction). If I recall you have a Ferrari Verde Racing Green GT3 (very nice BTW).
Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Were you lucky enough to get an MSRP allocation?
Old 05-31-2019, 05:39 AM
farisad
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

in middle east dealers say they didnt get final allocations.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:40 PM
RS911
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 60 Posts

So the dealer put in a PTS build thinking they could change it once they received my build later in the day. Unfortunately, that build locked and would not take my new color choice (even though they could enter the new color, but it would revert back to the first input). My choices were Speedster blue or Pantone, but alas it was not meant to be. I will not elaborate on the color the dealer choose, as I do not wish to offend anyone. And yes I had an ADM, but a small one, compared to what I see others are paying.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:00 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

As stated above, not all allocations are spoken for.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:13 PM
Ch01
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there is still a speedster allocation please let me know - thanks
Old 05-31-2019, 06:31 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

So the dealer put in a PTS build thinking they could change it once they received my build later in the day. Unfortunately, that build locked and would not take my new color choice (even though they could enter the new color, but it would revert back to the first input). My choices were Speedster blue or Pantone, but alas it was not meant to be. I will not elaborate on the color the dealer choose, as I do not wish to offend anyone. And yes I had an ADM, but a small one, compared to what I see others are paying.
If it is any consolation to you, neither Pantone nor “Speedster Blue” are available for Speedster PTS. Seems like they were trying to reserve a PTS allocation with a viable color for you before all PTS allocations for that particular month were taken.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:18 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Pantone is not available? Why?

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
If it is any consolation to you, neither Pantone nor “Speedster Blue” are available for Speedster PTS. Seems like they were trying to reserve a PTS allocation with a viable color for you before all PTS allocations for that particular month were taken.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:33 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Pantone is not available? Why?
If you look at the most recent pts pdf (I don't want to post it here) only a fraction of colors are available relative to 911/718/Macan/Panamera.

I'm going to guess it's because of the tight production run.

I've been told that the speedster pts cars won't be subject to the usual delays associated with pts.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:57 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

That's interesting, because I just specced my Speedster with Porsche Exclusive last week and Pantone was available on the list.

Originally Posted by soulsea
If you look at the most recent pts pdf (I don't want to post it here) only a fraction of colors are available relative to 911/718/Macan/Panamera.

I'm going to guess it's because of the tight production run.

I've been told that the speedster pts cars won't be subject to the usual delays associated with pts.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:09 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
That's interesting, because I just specced my Speedster with Porsche Exclusive last week and Pantone was available on the list.
Well, pantone 296C doesn't show as available for the Speedster on the PAG pdf.
I'm sure your dealer will share the document with you if you ask them to.

That said, in my experience it's not unusual for a color to show as unavailable, or even not be on the master list, and somehow it's still available if you ask.
For example I was to that Porsche Classic Grey was unavailable for my 2RS even though it didn't show as available.

All part of the Porsche mystical ordering experience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are all speedster allocations in?