Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 RS Dyno-ed with Dundon Race Headers + JCR Center Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 11:06 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts
Talking 2016 GT3 RS Dyno-ed with Dundon Race Headers + JCR Center Bypass

for those of you who don't know, i had a 2015 991.1 GT3 equipped with Akrapovic full system then switched to the dundon race headers and got better power, you can see the thread here https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...vic-setup.html

fast forward three years later, now i own a 2016 991.1 GT3 RS, from day 1 i put the dundon race headers on it and JCR center bypass... this setup sounded great to me while driving (no drone) and was very aggressive. However, from outside of the car it was very loud.. too loud if you get what i mean... my friend's all said your car sounds like a heavy modified mustang not that there is anything wrong with that but it was too loud for me and the car would just get too much attention from the loudness

i only noticed this when i let a friend take the car out for a rip while i was sitting at a coffee shop, at that moment i decided better to return the stock center muffler (until i order the black lifetime dundon center muffler), so since i was going to do this i said i might as well dyno this take videos and share results with all to see and luckily enough i had a friend come along with his stock 2016 991.1 GT3 RS to join in on the dyno

here is a run of Dundon + JCR combo

here is a run of Dundon on its own

now that the videos are done, let us share the results, first up is my friend's stock RS

i know it is not my car but at least we had a stock RS on the dyno to use as a baseline, next up is my car with the combo of JCR + Dundon (keep your eye on the graph)

Above shows some gains over stock RS and below 3 runs shows consistency

We removed the JCR and went back on the dyno without even driving it around, gave it a couple of dyno pulls then came the numbers

it just got better and better after each pull also notice the graph is much better than when i was running the combo together

Here you can see comparison between the combo set (highest HP pull) and the current setup (best 2 runs) along with graphs showing power advantage to dundon on its own and better power band in mid range to peak

If you compare my friend's stock RS numbers with the current setup on my car now (dundon + OEM center) you will see gains at peak of about 20 whp & 10 wtq

what matters to me is the DELTA and not the numbers per say these were done on a Mustang Dyno they are not all calibrated the same, so the point of bringing the stock RS was to do a baseline number and see the DELTA with the different setups

i would like to say that both companies make superior products and the quality / finishing is spot on, the two systems are not made to go together, each on their own has advantages depending what you are looking for

if you are looking tor a center bypass then i highly recommend JCR and if you are looking for long tube headers that delete the side mufflers then for sure you need to reach out to Dundon
Old 05-27-2019, 11:25 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 217 Likes on 109 Posts

Thank you for sharing. Great thread. I am trying to figure out which way to go on my 2016RS. I know one thing for sure, it will include parts from the guys at Dundon.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:06 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Thank you for sharing. It will be interesting to see dyno numbers comparing Dundon headers to the new JCR headers.

For what it's worth dundon headers on a 991.1rs bring the power close to a stock 991.2rs?

I cant wait till dundon releases their intake setup so we can get near 500hp on a 991.2rs
Old 05-27-2019, 12:36 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Thank you for sharing. It will be interesting to see dyno numbers comparing Dundon headers to the new JCR headers.

For what it's worth dundon headers on a 991.1rs bring the power close to a stock 991.2rs?

I cant wait till dundon releases their intake setup so we can get near 500hp on a 991.2rs
This thread i believe tested them take a look https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...1126597&page=8
Old 05-27-2019, 02:15 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

On our dyno, Race headers get a 991.1 RS to about 450whp. a 991.2 RS stock is 465-468whp. So still a bit of delta there... The 991 RS intake combo is released for early adopters. We're instrumenting my car (I know, takes forever during track season to get time on the lift!) to demonstrate the pressure differences with the Dual Cone Airbox and 93mm TB combo on my 991.2 RS, the pressures will be similar on a 991.1RS. We saw static air (not moving air) gains on our dyno for the 991.2RS, so far the data has been clean on the 991.1 RS (cold stock runs, then really warm afternoon temps confounding the data a bit). So getting the data while the car is moving is important...

We're at 492whp on the 991.2 RS as the current watermark, the new "Crack" pipe Megaphone Center Delete may help push it up a bit so 500whp isn't far away...
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 05-27-2019, 02:16 PM
dxbtousa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice info and numbers mate - thanks for sharing.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:31 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bogey1
Thank you for sharing. Great thread. I am trying to figure out which way to go on my 2016RS. I know one thing for sure, it will include parts from the guys at Dundon.

Originally Posted by dxbtousa
Nice info and numbers mate - thanks for sharing.
happy to help and you are all welcome
Old 06-24-2019, 10:49 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

dundon (black) center muffler with tips arrived earlier today

i decided to weigh the DMS muffler vs. the stock RS muffler ~ difference is 7 kgs

Name:  photo490.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  522.1 KB

DMS muffler above & stock .1 RS muffler below

Name:  photo946.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  583.5 KB

JCR super light tips can't be installed on the muffler that arrived today, i decided to weigh the tips ~ difference is 250 grams

Name:  photo180.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  333.4 KB

JCR super light tips above & dundon tips below

Name:  photo454.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  422.1 KB

should be installed later today
The following users liked this post:
Ducati1199 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:54 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 937 Likes on 431 Posts

The scales are off a good amount on the smaller measurements, our Superlight Tips are 0.46kg and the OEM Titanium Centre is 5.54kg

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 06-24-2019, 11:23 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
The scales are off a good amount on the smaller measurements, our Superlight Tips are 0.46kg and the OEM Titanium Centre is 5.54kg

JC
Noted that the scale is off my bad thanks for the info

i assume though the delta would be the same either way the super light tips don't fit the new muffler
Old 06-24-2019, 12:30 PM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI: I have a 911.1RS Dundon orange muffler and D race headers and tune. The other day I was fortunate to drive two cars on the track for a few laps each. A 991.2RS with Dundon black muffler, D catted headers and tune and a completely stock 991.2RS. I was quite surprised that my car was noticeably faster than the stock 991.2RS. The owner even thought my car was faster to the point that after driving my car he wanted to immediately mod his car. The other car with black muffler, catted headers and tune were I'd say was like a step faster like mine was to the stock gen2. I thought the difference were a lot and the the stock gen2 would be faster than my car but that was not the case and after the tune the difference is not as bad as I thought.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:42 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kaboobie
FYI: I have a 911.1RS Dundon orange muffler and D race headers and tune. The other day I was fortunate to drive two cars on the track for a few laps each. A 991.2RS with Dundon black muffler, D catted headers and tune and a completely stock 991.2RS. I was quite surprised that my car was noticeably faster than the stock 991.2RS. The owner even thought my car was faster to the point that after driving my car he wanted to immediately mod his car. The other car with black muffler, catted headers and tune were I'd say was like a step faster like mine was to the stock gen2. I thought the difference were a lot and the the stock gen2 would be faster than my car but that was not the case and after the tune the difference is not as bad as I thought.
the great thing about doing dundon headers & muffler to my knowledge is that a tune is not required

having said that who did your tune?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:29 AM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Hi GT3KSA,

While my car did not show any lights before the tune, after the tune the response was much better, and it is livelier in the lower RPM range. (below 4000). I had Autowerks who is a subsidiary/partner (not too sure of the arrangement) of McChip in Thailand did it. The other .2RS also had it done there.

https://mcchip-dkr.com/en/chiptuning...=carselector#0

I have the dyno before and after the tune in my car. I'll take a pic for you if you want to see it.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:21 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kaboobie
Hi GT3KSA,

While my car did not show any lights before the tune, after the tune the response was much better, and it is livelier in the lower RPM range. (below 4000). I had Autowerks who is a subsidiary/partner (not too sure of the arrangement) of McChip in Thailand did it. The other .2RS also had it done there.

https://mcchip-dkr.com/en/chiptuning...=carselector#0

I have the dyno before and after the tune in my car. I'll take a pic for you if you want to see it.
please do share

always interested to see before / after dyno results
Old 06-26-2019, 05:40 AM
kaboobie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
please do share

always interested to see before / after dyno results

This is before and after tune. The base line has race headers, air filter, and orange muffler installed. As you know please just look at the differential.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 RS Dyno-ed with Dundon Race Headers + JCR Center Bypass