Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Market

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 09:21 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
Hello, reality check! Working 20 hours a week of overtime, as a upper-middle class professional such as myself, equates to 204 weeks of working, AKA just a bit less than 4 years of 20-hour extra work weeks. "working overtime" to pay for $200k ADM doesn't work unless you are pulling down well more than a million a year, which most aren't. Most p-car owners aren't super rich, and many make sacrifices in their life to be able to afford these cars. It is good to have some perspective
You are lucky. I don’t pay my upper middle class staff overtime for an extra 20hrs of work. The cleaning crew gets overtime as do hourly employees.

The GT2RS is an expensive car, if the price is causes so much brain damage it shouldn’t even be on the list.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:32 PM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

If everyone who has a comment about how many gt and rs cars were made and available for sale to bash the valuation and price would just buy one of these cars, everyone would be able to stop birching about how their dealer won’t put them on the list to buy one. Seems like everyone is looking for a reason to complain rather than embrace this amazing brand of automobiles.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:55 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
You are lucky. I don’t pay my upper middle class staff overtime for an extra 20hrs of work. The cleaning crew gets overtime as do hourly employees.

The GT2RS is an expensive car, if the price is causes so much brain damage it shouldn’t even be on the list.

Rude.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:47 AM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
Rude.
No, not really. fastmd was pointing out that an "upper-middle class professional" is typically (always?) a salaried exempt employee who is not entitled to receive overtime compensation.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:56 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Everything for sale here is a .2 something or other. Most aren't moving. Porsche did the right thing and captured the revenue they were sending to the dealers by building more cars. If the demand is there, either raise the price or build more cars.

I like that you think like an accountant and don't get too emotional about money! Probably why you can afford these cars!
I'm a working stiff with basically 2 jobs, one job pays the bills and the other one pays for the Porsches and tracking. I paid an ADM because I got caught up in the hype as I was a newbie in the new GT car market, never again though. I've already learned that non-numbered GT cars, no matter which car, will sell below MSRP eventually once the hype dies down and people realize that Porsche built a lot of cars.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:37 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
No, not really. fastmd was pointing out that an "upper-middle class professional" is typically (always?) a salaried exempt employee who is not entitled to receive overtime compensation.
Exactly.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:47 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

^^^ ...yup salaried emp are exempted from overtime which is state regulated. Salaried emp do not clock in and out, and not regulated to have two 10 minute breaks, and a 30 minute lunch. Yes it’s 10 minutes with 5 minute travel time. Fastmd has always been a standup guy, and offers to let you drive his wheels if in town.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by msimon9
If everyone who has a comment about how many gt and rs cars were made and available for sale to bash the valuation and price would just buy one of these cars, everyone would be able to stop birching about how their dealer won’t put them on the list to buy one. Seems like everyone is looking for a reason to complain rather than embrace this amazing brand of automobiles.
problem is you have a lot of dreamers here who really can't afford these cars. so they bash them hoping the prices will come down so that they can collect their couch change and finally get one. those who can truly afford these cars are not the ones driving the valuation threads, trust me.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:08 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
problem is you have a lot of dreamers here who really can't afford these cars. so they bash them hoping the prices will come down so that they can collect their couch change and finally get one. those who can truly afford these cars are not the ones driving the valuation threads, trust me.
wish I had a deep pocket couch
Old 05-31-2019, 03:38 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Time for dog pictures
Old 06-01-2019, 02:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malmasri
wish I had a deep pocket couch
Yeah me too or a wife that made big bucks. haha
Old 06-01-2019, 03:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah me too or a wife that made big bucks. haha
u are single
call me
ill teach u how to marry more than one.
one is not going to be enough for track budget

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Time for dog pictures
or bikes
or food

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
I think u are hitting ppl nerves

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Or don't

And stop talking about it.
we are on same page
bug it’s fun to watch ppl jump
off cliff. occasionally I give them a friendly push.
like the 250k my bud pays over msrp

oh im not kidding

someone has to help the poor dealers

Originally Posted by stujelly
I think the value of these cars is whatever people are willing to pay.

Just bought our 2rs at 21k over, with barely 500 miles PTS with all the right options, no sales tax.
I will call u steve when I need that speedster. u are smarter shopper than I. dinner on me

Hello, reality check! Working 20 hours a week of overtime, as a upper-middle class professional such as myself, equates to 204 weeks of working, AKA just a bit less than 4 years of 20-hour extra work weeks. "working overtime" to pay for $200k ADM doesn't work unless you are pulling down well more than a million a year, which most aren't. Most p-car owners aren't super rich, and many make sacrifices in their life to be able to afford these cars. It is good to have some perspective
u didn’t understand
1. hyperbole
2. don’t use extra time to work to many money. use time to think how to make money. I worked 18 hour days for 20 years zero vacation. got tired. now I stopped going to office. just ride bike and think. and hire usctrojan to work for me and make money

martin don’t forget the meeting tmo.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:48 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
....one is not going to be enough for track budget......
that is the quote of the day right there!!

Regarding folks not being able to afford.....I was reading another thread the other day about how PCNA has embarked on a "pricing adventure" with both the 2RS and the speedster, due both to the need to recover from the dieselgate losses and to cash in on all the excess ADM's the dealers have been making last few years. Really if you think about it, how much different from the 3RS is a 2RS? How much more does it cost them to manufacture 2RS over a 3RS? Im sure its a small oversimplification to say just a pair of turbos and lower compression pistons, but you get the idea.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mchrono

Regarding folks not being able to afford.....I was reading another thread the other day about how PCNA has embarked on a "pricing adventure" with both the 2RS and the speedster, due both to the need to recover from the dieselgate losses and to cash in on all the excess ADM's the dealers have been making last few years. Really if you think about it, how much different from the 3RS is a 2RS? How much more does it cost them to manufacture 2RS over a 3RS? Im sure its a small oversimplification to say just a pair of turbos and lower compression pistons, but you get the idea.
Yup, it's basically the same car with a different front & rear bumpers with more CF pieces vs plastic along with the 2 hair dryers and a non-motorsport engine. Now that I'm not a Porsche newb anymore, it's funny how the cycle keeps repeating itself with every new non-numbered GT car....the brand new shiny top comes out, everyone says how they'll only make X cars, dealers hoard allocations, beta testers/fanboys pay the highest ADMs, then Porsche keeps building and building and building and building, ADMs melt like ice cream on a hot day, and then the beta testers/fanboys get butt hurt that their new shiny toy is selling at MSRP. I'm sure the same thing will happen with the 992 GT cars as it's the circle of life in the GT car world. haha
Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
How much more does it cost them to manufacture 2RS over a 3RS? Im sure its a small oversimplification to say just a pair of turbos and lower compression pistons, but you get the idea.
It may even be cheaper to produce

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Market