Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty and extensive exhaust/intake mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 800 Posts

I don't understand why these questions keep coming up, why the respective OP never searches what has been discussed on here numerous times. If you can't afford to write a check - don't do it. Geez
Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I understand we all want the same thing, balance. we want to spend our hard earned money, on these toys, and add things that make us happy. Thats all this is. its not lap times, or race day pay checks, just playing with toys. pay 200k on a toy, should be able to have flexibility to add things (with reason) and enjoy it. I have never read a thread, gt owners, that wanted 100 hp gains, or some crazy want. its usually exhaust and suspension set up. thats about it. on the other forums, its all about major hp gains, turbo upgrades. maxing out quarter mile times and how you can get the car to make loud pops and bangs.

there should be a separate clause of understanding that most GT car buyers are looking for a totally different experience.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

It really seems to make a big difference, dealer to dealer.

I had a C4S w front lower control arms that had a front axle leaking at the diff. A NJ dealer quoted me 9k to fix it. I later figured it out myself that all the car needed was camber plates, fixed w a $500 part.

Same axle, later on, developed a leak at the CV joint/boot. At that time the car was even more modified, non-OEM pads, rotors, control arms, camber plates, exhaust, DSC PASM module, racing pedals, you name it. Heavy track use was very apparent, as well as modified suspension. I took it to another NJ dealer, they replaced the whole axle, no questions asked.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
I don't understand why these questions keep coming up, why the respective OP never searches what has been discussed on here numerous times. If you can't afford to write a check - don't do it. Geez
Hey buddy, I did a search and while plenty of exhaust threads, none was dedicated to warranty specifically in the last 20 months that I checked.

so you can stop throwing shade on me every time I ask a question on RL, as I truly hope you have something better to do.....
The following 2 users liked this post by Drifting:
michaeldorian (03-11-2021), mithiral67 (03-18-2022)
Old 05-23-2019, 05:06 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In EU even if you have foiled the car they wouldn't sign warranty extension. Same for different tires.
Can't imagine tunning engines components like cats which are part of engine system and get away easily with new engine claim. Remember its not your local dealer to decide but Porsche. The more expensive the claim is the more reluctant they are to pay off.
And it's very easy to prove the exhaust system made the **** up. Engine is rated to 500hp and with your mod it does more than that. Period.

Quick Reply: Warranty and extensive exhaust/intake mods