Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone local to Park Place Porsche in Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:03 PM
s2kmunop
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone local to Park Place Porsche in Dallas?

Just put a deposit down on a Racing Yellow 2018 GT3 over at Park Place Porsche but I'm not local. Was hoping someone could take a look at the condition in person before I end up flying out there next weekend. Thanks
Old 05-18-2019, 09:33 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

I can look on Monday if that works. I stop by there quite a bit because I work down the street.

Looks like a nice car in the pics. Only thing I notice is the painted yellow brake calipers and relatively low MSRP car being sold at slightly over MSRP.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:06 PM
s2kmunop
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
I can look on Monday if that works. I stop by there quite a bit because I work down the street.

Looks like a nice car in the pics. Only thing I notice is the painted yellow brake calipers and relatively low MSRP car being sold at slightly over MSRP.
That would be awesome, thanks! Yeah, brakes were painted by Porsche according to the dealer. Car is CPO'd as well.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:10 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Which sales advisor are you using? The Park Place guys are awesome. I’ll be there next Saturday for an event with their Motorsports division.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:11 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Originally Posted by s2kmunop
That would be awesome, thanks! Yeah, brakes were painted by Porsche according to the dealer. Car is CPO'd as well.
Cool. Send me a PM and I'll send you my number. Also let me know of any specifics you want looked at.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:27 PM
s2kmunop
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cbrett
Which sales advisor are you using? The Park Place guys are awesome. I’ll be there next Saturday for an event with their Motorsports division.
Salina Eshtiaghi. They seem great just very slow after the initial contact. Took a week to get things moving. Too bad I can't get down there earlier for that. I'm planning on Memorial day.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:30 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

It is very rare and very expensive for PAG to paint the calipers a different color. It's been discussed here before and there are only a few examples of it occurring as it is so rarely approved. So you'll want to look into that rather than just taking the dealership's word on it.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:36 PM
s2kmunop
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FORENN
It is very rare and very expensive for PAG to paint the calipers a different color. It's been discussed here before and there are only a few examples of it occurring as it is so rarely approved. So you'll want to look into that rather than just taking the dealership's word on it.
For sure. That's what they said but I just assumed they meant Porsche as in, their dealer. I plan to see if they have any further info on it.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:37 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Salina Eshtiaghi. They seem great just very slow after the initial contact. Took a week to get things moving. Too bad I can't get down there earlier for that. I'm planning on Memorial day.
I dont know Salina, but JVS is phenomenal to work with on car purchases. I do think they have had some changes in how they do the financial paperwork. We live in OKC but have bought five cars from them over the past few years due to the level of customer service.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:40 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Just put a deposit down on a Racing Yellow 2018 GT3 over at Park Place Porsche but I'm not local. Was hoping someone could take a look at the condition in person before I end up flying out there next weekend. Thanks
I’m about 3 miles from the dealership. The GM Patrick is a great guy. Very honest. I could stop by as well.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:29 AM
99Gdzra
Pro

Received 212 Likes on 180 Posts

I was close to buying that car... those calipers were powder coated aftermarket... in my opinion, yellow calipers on a Porsche with steel brakes isn’t a good thing... I know a bit about that car too. Let me know if you need any direct info on it. Good luck.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:01 AM
amgman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove that last week, but bought the red gt3 rs instead. The yellow car is great, you won’t be disappointed!
Old 05-19-2019, 10:31 AM
dewilmoth
Pro

I'm sure he'd love to hear multiple opinions on the car. And if you're close, by all means, drop by and take a look. I'm off work next week and heading to Mexico on Tuesday, so will have to run downtown on Monday.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Leadfoot01
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my GT3RS from them in Jan, dealt with John Mossey. It was a fantastic buying experience and they were very fair on price. Highly recommend them
Old 05-19-2019, 11:40 AM
s2kmunop
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
I was close to buying that car... those calipers were powder coated aftermarket... in my opinion, yellow calipers on a Porsche with steel brakes isn’t a good thing... I know a bit about that car too. Let me know if you need any direct info on it. Good luck.
Originally Posted by amgman
I drove that last week, but bought the red gt3 rs instead. The yellow car is great, you won’t be disappointed!

Appreciate all the responses. I would love to hear opinions on it please. The more info the better. Any issues anyone noticed? Why did you both pass on buying?

Quick Reply: Anyone local to Park Place Porsche in Dallas?