Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   CMB: Fabspeed or Sharkwerks? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1143439-cmb-fabspeed-or-sharkwerks.html)

gt4-2-n8 05-17-2019 02:03 AM

CMB: Fabspeed or Sharkwerks?

I would like to get a center muffler bypass and was wondering what thoughts were on Fabspeed vs Sharkwerks? Family member had a fabspeed CMB on his 991.1 which sounded great.

How would you compare the sound below and above 4-5k rpm on both units? Anything in particular that's different between the top end sounds from either unit?

I love how the GT3 screams when you rev it out- adding a CMB I think will help open up the top end sound.

Thanks for your input.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...90a78f88ed.jpg

ubtrippin 05-17-2019 05:48 AM

They both sound great actually. In cabin sound of SW is nice at cruising speed. Zero drone. Put foot to arse and it's a screamer. It will put a smile on your face. Tons better over stock. You will get 1000 opinions on this topic regarding one person ear over another. Best of all it's a easy self install. If interested I have a new SW w 100m tips w approx 800 miles on it for sale. PM me if your interested. Also if your local to me and you buy it, come over to the house and we can install it together over a Beer.
Boots

dxbtousa 05-17-2019 07:06 AM

I would also check out JCR Developments center bypass as well... I think the sound they are producing is quite incredible.
Also Dundon is producing kit with engineering and transparent HP gains/etc...

Apologies for not answering your question at all, haha.

goldberg 05-17-2019 08:21 AM

Check out SOUL for CMB also

Fabspeed Motorsport 05-17-2019 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by gt4-2-n8 (Post 15846431)
I would like to get a center muffler bypass and was wondering what thoughts were on Fabspeed vs Sharkwerks? Family member had a fabspeed CMB on his 991.1 which sounded great.

How would you compare the sound below and above 4-5k rpm on both units? Anything in particular that's different between the top end sounds from either unit?

I love how the GT3 screams when you rev it out- adding a CMB I think will help open up the top end sound.

Thanks for your input.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...90a78f88ed.jpg

Scott here from Fabspeed, our center muffler bypass is a killer modification for your GT3 car. Simple, bolt on, upgrade that will absolutely change the exhaust note and performance of the car. We have been manufacturing these systems since the 997 GT3 came out. I would love to chat more about what you are thinking about doing to the car. Take a minute to check out this awesome video of one of our customers gorgeous GT3 and feel free to reach out for forum pricing!!

https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server6...0.1280.jpg?c=2
  • Fits all Porsche 991 GT3 / GT3 RS vehicles 2014+
  • Works with Factory headers, cats and side mufflers. Retains functionality of the OEM valve system for full sound control
  • Saves 10 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
  • Is compatible with the full line of Fabspeed GT3 performance parts allowing you to upgrade should the need arise.
  • Retains Sport Mode control button when used with factory side mufflers
  • 14-16ga T304 Stainless Steel construction
  • Includes 4" Deluxe Dual Style Tips in your choice of finish
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

gt4-2-n8 05-17-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by ubtrippin (Post 15846556)
They both sound great actually. In cabin sound of SW is nice at cruising speed. Zero drone. Put foot to arse and it's a screamer. It will put a smile on your face. Tons better over stock. You will get 1000 opinions on this topic regarding one person ear over another. Best of all it's a easy self install. If interested I have a new SW w 100m tips w approx 800 miles on it for sale. PM me if your interested. Also if your local to me and you buy it, come over to the house and we can install it together over a Beer.
Boots

You mentioned that the SW is nice at cruising speed, zero drone which is what I want. How about the Fabspeed- any impressions of sound during normal driving? Is there a drone?

gt4-2-n8 05-17-2019 12:30 PM

Also, what are thoughts on Soul CMB? Seems to be a little less in terms of cost compared to SW or Fabspeed.

johnsopa 05-17-2019 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by gt4-2-n8
Also, what are thoughts on Soul CMB? Seems to be a little less in terms of cost compared to SW or Fabspeed.

I've got one. I like it. I think people overthink center bypasses. As long as the exhaust gases blend from both sides on the way out the result will be largely the same.

Psup4s 05-17-2019 12:48 PM

Getting my Soul system installed and will be able to provide feedback. Based on opinions and videos Soul system is a no brainer not to mention price and product quality.

Gasman85 05-17-2019 01:51 PM

I’m running GRP with valves disconnected. Sharkwerks isn’t loud enough imo

Soul Performance 05-17-2019 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by goldberg (Post 15846635)
Check out SOUL for CMB also

Originally Posted by johnsopa (Post 15847212)
I've got one. I like it. I think people overthink center bypasses. As long as the exhaust gases blend from both sides on the way out the result will be largely the same.

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 15847255)
Getting my Soul system installed and will be able to provide feedback. Based on opinions and videos Soul system is a no brainer not to mention price and product quality.

Thanks for the kind words and the business guys, it is much appreciated :cheers:

Originally Posted by gt4-2-n8 (Post 15847200)

If you'd like to learn some more about our center muffler bypass and compare against the other popular side muffle bypass as well, drop by our Center vs Side Muffler Bypass Explained thread and take a read. Also, feel free to give me a call any time at 484 883 6197 I'm always up for a fun chat and would love to learn more about you and your car. Congrats by the way, it's a fun one haha

Best regards,
John Gaydos

Bford100 05-17-2019 02:58 PM

Sent PM

Alan C. 05-17-2019 06:11 PM

I've used SW on 3 GT3s. Easy install and great sound.

ohniner 05-17-2019 07:48 PM

+1 on the Sharkwerkes with this side note on Drone.

I purchased the 100mm tips fro Sharkewerkes with the CM delete, why? because it looked good. After install I still had some drone, strictly street driven, and was mildly unhappy. On a whim I looked at the construction of the tips, both Porsche original and SW.
The SW are 100mm straight through single wall.
The original Porsche are double wall construction and surprisingly they start out close to 100mm but narrow down to around 80mm at outlet. So I took the SW tips off and used the original Porsche tips and it made a great positive difference in sound quality. There was absolutely no drone anywhere.
So it appears from my little test that the Porsche tips are actually engineered for sound quality, in my opinion of course.

mdrums 05-17-2019 08:42 PM

I'd like to pile on and suggest you check out Soul...give them a call talk to John.

Other than that I prefer to take off the heavy side mufflers and transfer heat to the rear tires too and run the side muffler deletes and the stock center muffler.