Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Need counseling from the docs here

Old 05-15-2019, 04:18 PM
chance6
User

I guess now I see why Porsche makes many variants of 911. I had a 2015 GTS PDK- but for me it was a little too soft and needed to be lowered a tad. At certain times could use a little more power...stepped into a TT but more preferred NA high revs. Satisfied this with GT3.

Folks have different preferences — that’s what makes it fun to look around the market.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:38 PM
drdonger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lbcgolf View Post
Wow, lot's of thanks for the invaluable advice!

A lot of food for thought here. Don't wanna go 991.2 (non-GT3) because of the forced induction. But some of the other options are very intriguing I must admit. A 997 GT3 in various vintages, 991.1 GTS MT, makes me think I can dole out $100k or less for 1 of those (haven't looked) and that'd be the same or less than if I sold my cab and got a 991.2 GT3 MT... maybe the missus won't put my nads in a sling... too much, lol.

Or I could keep the cab, get the GT3 and roll the dice. People on both sides of that fence too.

Super helpful stuff, thanks!
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission usually
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Bruce R
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lbcgolf View Post
Wow, lot's of thanks for the invaluable advice!

A lot of food for thought here. Don't wanna go 991.2 (non-GT3) because of the forced induction. But some of the other options are very intriguing I must admit. A 997 GT3 in various vintages, 991.1 GTS MT, makes me think I can dole out $100k or less for 1 of those (haven't looked) and that'd be the same or less than if I sold my cab and got a 991.2 GT3 MT... maybe the missus won't put my nads in a sling... too much, lol.

Or I could keep the cab, get the GT3 and roll the dice. People on both sides of that fence too.

Super helpful stuff, thanks!
I'd consider a Targa GTS in your situation because those second set of seats are important, here's a NA example, I'm sure you can find one with a man tran.
https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos...4--gts/1973106

I'm in the same boat as you, four kids, 15, 13, 12 & 7. Those older kids can't ride in back and so I moved to a 3 Touring, yes there are times, in a pinch, when I want a third seat (a forth behind the driver - no way).

Anyway I enjoy the coital comforts of home so I had to be relatively transparent with my transaction.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:11 PM
lbcgolf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not the same as me! You need 2 x 3 row SUVs, lol

This:
Originally Posted by Bruce R View Post
I enjoy the coital comforts of home so...
Therefore:
Originally Posted by Bruce R View Post
...four kids, 15, 13, 12 & 7
All kidding aside, thanks for the suggestions. I've always been partial to the Targas. Some years back I lost my closest friend who drank the Stuttgart Kool-Aid long before I did. He owned early to mid-80s Targas that leaked like sieves 2 or 3 at a time, so I've always wanted to buy one to remember him by. The 50th Anniversary, like the GTSs have the powerkit, so that may also be an option...
Old 05-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Nendo
User

Maybe go for a turbo S cab 991.1 and keep the GT3

I have had GT3 and a Targa for a lil while. I drive the targa with the kids and the GT3 alone.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Gasman85
User

GT3 touring and retrofit some back seats in there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: