Sponsored by:

JCR superight bypass installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 07:14 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 141 Posts
Default JCR superight bypass installed

Today i put on the SL JCR bypass on my 991.2 3RS , the thing is crazy light and fits perfect . The bypass is of great quality also , the welds look amazing . Jonny and his team did an amazing job engineering and designing this exhaust for sure .
Went for a quick drive , the sound is very nice - about 30-40% louder from stock .
All in all , perfect sound and tone!
Highly recommended !!

Old 05-14-2019, 07:15 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

The tips also look very nice and fit perfect !
Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Any idea what to torque the clamps to ? T-bolt clamps ?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Man I cant decide what JCR route to go. Either this or go for valved side pipes. How did you make your decision?
Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

I had the AWE Switchpath before this which is essentially a side muffler bypass and a center muffler bypass , with valves . It was LOUD ! A bit too loud for my taste , over 6k rpm was racing car loud .
It was cool for the first week or two but was too much for me , driving the car was too much effort and I started not wanting to drive it as much !
the straight pipe design was too obnoxious for me .

was going with the JCR valved racing pipe route but the wait was too long so I decided to reinstall the side mufflers and look for the highest pitch center bypass and Jonny from JCR recommended the super light bypass .
And I approve his choice and he had it instock too which was a great plus. I highly recommend JCR for their superior product and great support.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

The side deletes will keep the factory sound, but increase the sound, and create a purr. I just got a full length race header to match my valves side deletes and am keeping the center, also doing the tune. So no CEL. I think the JCR sounds awesome, but wanted the full meal deal. I wanted the torque increase and HP to justify the cost. 5 to 7k + for exhaust is a lot and you need to really do what makes you happy
Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 PM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 238 Posts

Looks great! Thinking this will be the route I go when I decide to mod this thing over the silenced race pipe. Post some videos if you can!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Congrats!
Just curious... why you didn't choose to finish the lightweight exhaust and go w/ the JCR Lightweight tips instead?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 AM
dxbtousa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great - nicely done

Having come across JCR recently, I am struck by the sound these kit make

I am debating on center by pass or the race pipe (with or without valve)... I have seen reviews on RL from owners that say under mild driving the race pipe (no valve) is still tame and liveable - it only opens up at high rpm/ pushing.... Makes the decision so hard
Old 05-15-2019, 04:53 AM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Congrats!
Just curious... why you didn't choose to finish the lightweight exhaust and go w/ the JCR Lightweight tips instead?
I did go with the JCR ti tips . I prefer the way these look to the SL model and the weight difference is nothing

Last edited by hashash; 05-15-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:13 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hashash
I did go with the JCR ti tips . I prefer the way these look to the SL model and the weight difference is nothing
agreed. I made the same choice

I'd love to hear what this sounds like side by side with the non superlight center delete. I'll bet it sounds noticeably different.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,704 Likes on 711 Posts

I’m going thru exact dilemma. First was AWE then valved race JCR. I’m glad you like this choice. This may be what I do. Will help get a feel for the install. Quick, easy and a little bit of weight reduction. The JCR stuff looks awesome and I like it cuz I can use my stock tips which I do want to leave on. Anyway you could upload a video or something? Need to make up my mind. I’m getting antsy.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:06 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
agreed. I made the same choice

I'd love to hear what this sounds like side by side with the non superlight center delete. I'll bet it sounds noticeably different.
Same here. I'm trying to decide between the superlight and the regular bypass. Need to hear a side-by-side comparison. There are a few videos of each out there but without hearing them both recorded with the same phone, in the same environment, it's impossible to make a decision.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Same here. I'm trying to decide between the superlight and the regular bypass. Need to hear a side-by-side comparison. There are a few videos of each out there but without hearing them both recorded with the same phone, in the same environment, it's impossible to make a decision.
shouldn't be a tough decision - just look at that merge! I'm interested to hear the two side by side, but more out of curiosity. I'm confident that the superlight has a nicer tone and better flow characteristics based on what Jonny has said. unless you want to save a few bucks, I think it's an easy choice.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:46 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
shouldn't be a tough decision - just look at that merge! I'm interested to hear the two side by side, but more out of curiosity. I'm confident that the superlight has a nicer tone and better flow characteristics based on what Jonny has said. unless you want to save a few bucks, I think it's an easy choice.
The superlight has a better tone than the regular one imo. If you are going to get the regular one, might as well get some cheap brand like Soul Performance. Does the job.

Quick Reply: JCR superight bypass installed