991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR superight bypass installed

Old 05-15-2019, 05:20 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

From clips I've heard of both, I actually prefer the regular one. But again, hard to get a real comparison without both versions in the same video, recorded the same way.

Here's a clip of the regular bypass:

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 PM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 141 Posts

Jonny informed me that the SL version is slightly higher pitched .
Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Maybe OP can record some clips? Like a fly-by maybe?
Old 05-16-2019, 06:24 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 936 Likes on 430 Posts

Great feedback and pictures, thanks! Great to see you got it installed so quickly too..

As for the difference between the regular JCR Titanium Centre Bypass and our Titanium Superlight Centre Bypass, the sound difference is evident but both produce their own signature sound. The regular centre carries the OE 63mm pipe diameter and the SL centre transitions from 63mm to 70mm diameter along the length approaching the merge. This does mean that the SL centre is a little louder than the regular centre and obviously the merge design does alter the tone characteristics slightly. Baring in mind that our regular centre bypass features a tuned balance pipe, without any cylinder mixing the sound really isn't nice, in my opinion, important too.

The reason for introducing the SL centre was to give a little more choice in this sector. No other company has released a centre bypass with a proper merge so it felt right for us to lift the same centre merge design of our Race Pipe products and integrate into a direct replacement centre.

Thanks again for the feedback and hope the above info helps anyone who is considering between the two designs.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
BlazinPond (11-01-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JCR superight bypass installed