Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Speed Custom Titanium Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 02:11 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Candidly the quality of manufacture of most aftermarket exhaust system ranges from acceptable to worse than poor. But, you get what you pay for. Truly first class fabricating is expensive, i. e., a high quality component would cost three or more times what standard commercial aftermarket vendors charge. Further, if I had to name the highest quality fabricators/welders in the country, I would have a hard time naming more than one. As to the piece of which you posted a picture, my advice would be to look elsewhere.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Candidly the quality of manufacture of most aftermarket exhaust system ranges from acceptable to worse than poor. But, you get what you pay for. Truly first class fabricating is expensive, i. e., a high quality component would cost three or more times what standard commercial aftermarket vendors charge. Further, if I had to name the highest quality fabricators/welders in the country, I would have a hard time naming more than one. As to the piece of which you posted a picture, my advice would be to look elsewhere.
Really curious which one it is? Also curious how you rate them based on build quality?
Old 05-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

I have akrapovic titanium on my GT3. It’s not cheap but you get what you pay for.

i wouldn’t put these pipes on my car at any price point. Looks like dryer hoses.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton

I am curious as well?
Old 05-14-2019, 03:00 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
The loop design on the JCR adds length. You are saying the longer the pipe, the lower the pitch, but it seems to be the opposite in this case.
I think you might be confusing pitch and timbre. Ever see a pipe organ? Same thing.

I had an IPE exhaust in the past and now JCR. With the valves opened the IPE is basically the same straight pipe, the only difference is the longer length from the loop design of the JCR. The JCR pipe is way higher pitched. X-pipe changes the tone of the sound also as you mentioned. This is why GMG/sharkwerks sound different than BBI/GR/CMS rear bypasses. In addition to these things, the thickness of the titanium contributes to the differences in sound also.
All of these things you're talking about affect timbre and tone. Not pitch. Except the length of pipe. RPM will certainly affect exhaust pitch. But other than that, the length of the exhaust should function the same as a trumpet or trombone or didgeridoo, or any other wind instrument. The longer a tube's length, the lower its fundamental frequency. It's possible to coax higher tones out of a pipe than it's fundamental though. The material it's made of and the merge/collector design will affect tonality.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Looks like Frankenstein
Old 05-14-2019, 03:37 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I think you might be confusing pitch and timbre. Ever see a pipe organ? Same thing.

All of these things you're talking about affect timbre and tone. Not pitch. Except the length of pipe. RPM will certainly affect exhaust pitch. But other than that, the length of the exhaust should function the same as a trumpet or trombone or didgeridoo, or any other wind instrument. The longer a tube's length, the lower its fundamental frequency. It's possible to coax higher tones out of a pipe than it's fundamental though. The material it's made of and the merge/collector design will affect tonality.
I'm not sure how they all function fundamentally, all I know is what I've heard and how the pipes sound. In videos and in real life, the JCR has the highest pitch sound, but also has the longest length tubes.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:02 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

The one absolutely brilliant fabricator I know does not do retail or repetitive commercial work and does not wish publicity. If I gave my opinion of quality of manufacture, I am sure I'd by stoned by many factions. I should, however, note that quality of manufacture does not include sound which is totally subjective nor does it include HP or torque as that is design engineering although an excellent fabricator is usually good at design but it does include weight, strength and longevity and elegance.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:59 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I'm not sure how they all function fundamentally, all I know is what I've heard and how the pipes sound. In videos and in real life, the JCR has the highest pitch sound, but also has the longest length tubes.
Regardless of the pitch argument, I think we can agree that all of these sound awesome

View this post on Instagram

Old 05-14-2019, 06:03 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Regardless of the pitch argument, I think we can agree that all of these sound awesome

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwyrc1zlUAv/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwWu2aAFYvx/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvb__v7Ffvx/
Agreed
Old 05-15-2019, 12:02 AM
chranotik
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Decided I'm going with the titanium race pipe but just found out they only accept bank transfers as payment i believe. That's a bummer as it's kind of a pain to go and deal with my bank for that. I contacted them to see if they accept cards or paypal but have gotten no response so far. Also Im hoping they release more data on the superlight Inconel headers they have and their tune too as I most likely will want to get them too.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:11 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

JCR is hands down best Titanium RS exhaust. Quality, support and sound are top notch and unique. I love me set-up!
Old 05-15-2019, 03:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I have the JCR silenced race pipe and honestly I can't think of anything I'd change about it.
How much louder was the JCR silenced race pipes than OEM?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:25 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I have the JCR silenced race pipe and honestly I can't think of anything I'd change about it.
How does it compare to your old BBi bypass which is on my car now?
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
How much louder was the JCR silenced race pipes than OEM?
I'll be able to provide feedback on this within 2-3 weeks.

Quick Reply: RS Speed Custom Titanium Exhaust?