Old 05-13-2019, 10:26 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Old 05-17-2019, 10:07 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

My car is now sitting at Port Emden. Expected to be on a boat by June 7th lol... long wait. Then another month at sea to get to Benicia.
Old 05-17-2019, 10:11 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I was at a dealer like 2 months ago and they told me all specable allocations are done in the US. Are more still available?
Old 05-17-2019, 10:32 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
I was at a dealer like 2 months ago and they told me all specable allocations are done in the US. Are more still available?
I doubt it. When I spec'd mine there were only 12 in the country. This was back in March. They are surely all gone now.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 193 Posts

I'm making an educated guess that all NA and ROW RSs have finished production..They will start building the new generation 4L engine for the Speedster and last batch EU only RSs with the GPF and ITBs soon..There's no way that the existing RS engine and the new one will be build concurrently IMO.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:18 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

MB looks great on 3RS and 3 and 2rs....any GT with black bits. I'm not as much of a fan of mb with silver but love it with black contrast. It was my second choice behind the bumble bee spec I built on my 3rs. But I've had MXB but never yellow on any car. I think my next GT will be MB. Great build and i agree i like the mb belts; I'm not a fan of yellow bits inside on MB. It drives me crazy that Porsche doesn't match the door pull automatically to the belt choice (I'm ocd like that; don't get me started on how the yellow pccb calipers didn't change to match RY instead of the old SY). On my uv RS i paid the cxx upcharge for yellow pulls to match my yellow belts but dang that was expensive for a small strip of nylon. This time I just went grey; i couldn't get past mismatch belt/pulls and I couldn't stomach the cxx upcharge.

Nice build
Old 05-18-2019, 09:13 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Cue all the "my RS has 530hp!!!" threads lol.
Originally Posted by signes
By all accounts yes, US production ending soon. Euro market RS will be built likely w Speedster engine starting June (my speculation but makes sense).
Originally Posted by Taffy66
I'm making an educated guess that all NA and ROW RSs have finished production..They will start building the new generation 4L engine for the Speedster and last batch EU only RSs with the GPF and ITBs soon..There's no way that the existing RS engine and the new one will be build concurrently IMO.
Will the last batch EU cars definitely have the ITBs to match the new exhaust design.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:52 AM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 381 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Will the last batch EU cars definitely have the ITBs to match the new exhaust design.
My contact at PGB asked that specific question on my behalf to the Technical Dept at Porsche..My contact referred back to me that the second batch EU RS has passed the WLTP tests and will have the ITBs fitted..Unless they're deliberately lying to me which is highly unlikely then its concrete info..The Speedster and RS engine will be identical IMO apart from a modest 10PS more power in the RS.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:52 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
MB looks great on 3RS and 3 and 2rs....any GT with black bits. I'm not as much of a fan of mb with silver but love it with black contrast. It was my second choice behind the bumble bee spec I built on my 3rs. But I've had MXB but never yellow on any car. I think my next GT will be MB. Great build and i agree i like the mb belts; I'm not a fan of yellow bits inside on MB. It drives me crazy that Porsche doesn't match the door pull automatically to the belt choice (I'm ocd like that; don't get me started on how the yellow pccb calipers didn't change to match RY instead of the old SY). On my uv RS i paid the cxx upcharge for yellow pulls to match my yellow belts but dang that was expensive for a small strip of nylon. This time I just went grey; i couldn't get past mismatch belt/pulls and I couldn't stomach the cxx upcharge.

Nice build
Yeah I really want the door pulls to be either Miami Blue or black. The grey seems odd to me. I also don't like silver trim or fake looking metal trim. That's why I spec'd the AC vent trim black (not shown in the photo). I also wish I could get the little painted stripes on the gear selector trim in Miami Blue as well. When you select green interior they do them in green. But that's a small detail I guess. I didn't want to do any CXX options since I don't think the cost and wait is worth it.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Miami blue looks so good on the RS.
You’d think it would look just as good on the GT3, but it just doesn’t. Maybe it’s all the contrasting black bits and more aggressive look of the RS.
Congrats!
im biased but I like the clean lines - cue an RS is an RS comment

the wait is the worst!

Old 05-18-2019, 11:45 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Give me yellow with blue all day. RS is RS.

Old 05-18-2019, 12:28 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I’m fine with loud. And yellow

Old 05-18-2019, 01:10 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
im biased but I like the clean lines - cue an RS is an RS comment

the wait is the worst!

I personally like driving my GT3 more than my RS due to the manual transmission. Will not use the RS is an RS argument. I didn’t say the Miami blue looked bad on a GT3. I just think it looks better on an RS. Just personal. Your car looks great!
Old 05-18-2019, 01:13 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Here’s my silver stitched silver roll bar RS in Miami blue.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffy66
My contact at PGB asked that specific question on my behalf to the Technical Dept at Porsche..My contact referred back to me that the second batch EU RS has passed the WLTP tests and will have the ITBs fitted..Unless they're deliberately lying to me which is highly unlikely then its concrete info..The Speedster and RS engine will be identical IMO apart from a modest 10PS more power in the RS.
Seems like this means the batch 2 cars will get lighter due to the 10kg muffler reduction. Unclear what the ITBs might add, but net that weight off the tail might be enough to feel? In addition to the different noise, throttle response, torque and power rpms...
Cue the batch 1 vs batch 2 cage matches.

Quick Reply: One of the last 991.2 GT3RS?