Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's play name that Speedster ADM...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 05:00 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Martin has also paid the dreaded ADM on one of the GT cars. My dealer has taken very good care of me and is a friend. The bad news is
I am not getting a speedster allocation. The good news is I don’t want one.
Old 05-17-2019, 05:26 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FSB
I don’t know situation in NA, but we have only 7 cars for Russia and I have one of this 7. For regular price
Who do you have to kill to get one in Russia?
Old 05-17-2019, 08:22 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Well considering that I wasn't driving the GT3 and it was sitting in my garage collecting, it was only right to sell it back to the dealer that gave me that MSRP allocation...kinda good karma thing to do, isn't it? Last time I checked, a business relationship is a two-way street and I've always taken care of service providers who have taken care of me. I would have probably gotten $15k-$20k over MSRP for the car if I sold it myself private party. Unlike you and some of the other big ballers on here, I'm a poor working stiff with limited garage space and more importantly limited funds so cars that I don't drive get sold. On the bright side, I got over 1,000 miles on my .2RS and I'm hitting Spring Mountain with PCA LV Memorial Day weekend to depreciate it more...you should come out as they are running the OG 3.4 mile course.
I have the same approach. It has worked very very well. Business is business this helps rationalize (for me at least) when a dealer can’t get something or can’t sell it without ADM (they are in business to make money). But I find treating my relationship back to the dealer as business where the quid pro quo is I expect to get the more sought after cars for MSRP has worked out very well for me and for the dealer. I also pay msrp for the non hard to get cars. Again to each his own but my theory has reaped a lot of benefits for me (and the dealer) over the past 5 years.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I go to Thermal quite a bit, haven't been to Spring Mountain in some time now. Maybe I will go again once day.

Going back to your point, there is nothing wrong with cooperating with a dealer, but you have been very vocal about "stealers", yet you are doing the exact same thing that you've been bashing on for ages here on RL. What's difference between a dealer asking ADM on a new car versus a dealer selling at market value for an almost new/used car? No difference in my eyes and that seems hypocritical.
Spring Mountain is where I started tracking, I should have signed up as a member back then when it was $7,000 to join.

First off, I owned my GT3 for 7 months...if I was going to flip it, it would have happened shortly after buying the car and not 7 months later. Second, a "stealer" to me is a dealer who sells their allocations to the highest bidder, spec their own cars instead of offering them to their good customers, and/or trying to buy other dealer's GT cars to sell for a high ADM. Last time I checked, all 3 of the dealers in my signature sell ALL of their GT cars to their good customers for MSRP....that's a good guy dealer in my book. All dealer can and should try to sell used car for the going market price.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:32 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Martin has also paid the dreaded ADM on one of the GT cars. My dealer has taken very good care of me and is a friend. The bad news is
I am not getting a speedster allocation. The good news is I don’t want one.
Yup, I paid a $50k ADM for a 991.1RS allocation.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:37 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
That's completely wrong.....

In this case, it should be 'whom'.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:50 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli

what is the pleural of 'whom'
Old 05-18-2019, 02:04 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I am more interested how he got an allocation considering this is a limited and numbered P-Car, which it appears to me he is new in acquiring this P-Car. No ADM in Russia?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

'Who' does not inflect for number: it is always 'who' as the subject of a clause and 'whom' in all other contexts, whether its antecedent is singular or plural. ... Whom does not inflect for number, just as who does not. Whom indicates that it refers to the object of the verb.

Originally Posted by JPMD
what is the pleural of 'whom'
Old 05-18-2019, 05:45 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
I am more interested how he got an allocation considering this is a limited and numbered P-Car, which it appears to me he is new in acquiring this P-Car. No ADM in Russia?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

'Who' does not inflect for number: it is always 'who' as the subject of a clause and 'whom' in all other contexts, whether its antecedent is singular or plural. ... Whom does not inflect for number, just as who does not. Whom indicates that it refers to the object of the verb.
I think 'whoms' or 'whomz' has a nice ring to it, actually.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:49 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

I think 'whoms' or 'whomz' has a nice ring to it, actually.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:05 PM
FSB
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
It wasn’t easy, but i did it
Old 05-18-2019, 06:12 PM
FSB
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Well, Speedster will be my second 911. Previous was 2007 C2S.
But I have 2019 Panamera 4, 2019 Cayenne and 2017 Macan S.
But my dealer trades MB, BMW and other big brands. They believe I am VIP

about ADM. We don’t have ADM, but sometimes dealers don’t sell cars without extra options which cost crazy money
Old 05-19-2019, 02:01 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
soulsea,

Hook me up with that allocation. Or at least order it in Auratium so when you sell I can buy it.
My apologies, I decided to take the allocation after all.

It turns out there's an spf (short of a ridiculous ha)t strong enough for my disco ball.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:20 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
My apologies, I decided to take the allocation after all.

It turns out there's an spf (short of a ridiculous ha)t strong enough for my disco ball.
That’s cool. Congrats! Can you get it in green of some sorts or a nice vintage color (Auratium would look great tooling around on the coast hint hint) so when you sell I can buy? I mean I know you are not a dealer, in spite of what the state of South Carolina thought, but you do go through cars fairly quick.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:30 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
That’s cool. Congrats! Can you get it in green of some sorts or a nice vintage color (Auratium would look great tooling around on the coast hint hint) so when you sell I can buy? I mean I know you are not a dealer, in spite of what the state of South Carolina thought, but you do go through cars fairly quick.
Mine is an early September allocation, one of the first cars to be built, but because of that it doesn't have PTS/CXX available.
I was actually going to do a thread to see if someone with a later allocation that does have PTS/CXX available is willing to swap with me.
I think the dealerships can make that work between them.
That way they get their standard color or HP package car earlier and I get PTS a couple of months later.

Quick Reply: Let's play name that Speedster ADM...