Sponsored by:

Let's play name that Speedster ADM...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 10:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
BOTH of you are correct. Especially this driving season, late spring, summer, early fall, I would be hard pressed to see a dealer selling these GT* cars at MSRP. It is called "Reality Check" time.

Those I hear who get cars at MSRP are VIP and VVIP who buys multiple cars every year.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I'm a non-VIP/VVIP working stiff who gets GT cars at MSRP without having to buy multiple cars a year, guess I got lucky to have found one of the few good guys dealers out there.
The following users liked this post:
Mattyrae (10-20-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm a non-VIP/VVIP working stiff who gets GT cars at MSRP without having to buy multiple cars a year, guess I got lucky to have found one of the few good guys dealers out there.
Are you getting a speedster then?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:13 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

I was offered an MSRP allocation earlier today and I can't decide if I want it or not.
The fact that I'm not jonesing for this car at this price is quite telling.
As of now I'm slightly leaning against pulling the trigger because I really should be super excited about such a car, but the specs and reviews have left me mostly feeling meh about it.
It's not even really a money thing, they just offered so little extra over the other GT cars to excite me about the car and to make me believe I'm getting something really special ... something more than a manual top 992 GT3.
I still may end up taking it ... I'm desperately dissecting all the reviews to try and find what it is that I'm missing that might get me excited about this car.

I say all this on this thread to note that I have spoken to several people in my same situation (vips and non vips), people who have no interest in a flip or paralyzed by values ... some are passing, some can't decide, and some are taking it because they can afford to have 'why not?' attitude.

I'm terrible at projecting values, but other than for peeps who's ego dictates that they must be the first one on instagram with something, within a few months adms and flip premiums should stay pretty low on this car. Plus my understanding is that they're all being built in a three month span this fall, so expect like a hundred of them to land on the open market almost simultaneously from flippers trying to make a few bucks at the front end. Fwiw my guess is that come dec/jan 2020 you should be able to pick one up from one of them at pretty close to msrp.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
He is, but just going to Martinize it
Old 05-17-2019, 12:42 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

soulsea,

Hook me up with that allocation. Or at least order it in Auratium so when you sell I can buy it.
Old 05-17-2019, 01:17 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

I heard DTLA was asking $150k ADM. If you do the math, based on CA sales tax, that makes this easily a HALF MILLION dollar proposition: $250k if you get a stripper + $150k ADM + 9% sales tax (the ADM is taxed, FYI) + registration, etc = $500,000ish. If you want PTS, 911 R fairy dust, etc, this car could hit well over $500,000, depending on the ADM. DTLA also had $100k+ ADMs for the GT2 RS. I know because someone who works there told me.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:20 AM
FSB
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 81911
😂 Find an open allocation for MSRP and get back to me.
I don’t know situation in NA, but we have only 7 cars for Russia and I have one of this 7. For regular price
Old 05-17-2019, 02:33 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
I was offered an MSRP allocation earlier today and I can't decide if I want it or not.
you already answered your question.

let someone who really wants a Speedster to take over this allocation of yours. End of story.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:36 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Good for you. You are unique in your situation because while you do not buy yearly in multiples, you are a "frequent buyer" on practically new GT* model releases.

Unique enough in such a way that when you need to turnover the car, which is not for long, you return it from your purchasing dealer who in turn resells at a price above MSRP. So in this case it is a "Win-Win" situation for both you and your dealer. ADM isn't really lost on the car, but shuffled discreetly.

The limited and numbered Speedster is produced at a higher volume (1948) compared to the 911R (991) and Turbo S Exclusive Series (500) as of late. I wouldn't be surprised if a "select few" like you who have established "Special Relationship" with a dealer acquires a Speedster at MSRP. Good for those folks without a doubt. However, if this Speedster were produced below 1,000 copies, we would already know how high the ADM outcome, and I would be very interested to see if anyone will get such cars at MSRP, based on recent experiences with limited and numbered cars.

Plus we have seen Porsche marking up these cars much higher $$$ than previous model releases such as the GT2RS, and now the Speedster cutting out, or discouraging the "flippers" in a way. The GT2RS I can understand why it is expensive. After all it is the fastest and currently reigning King of Nurburgring. Speedster however is bloated in price and not much in uniqueness. If the Speedster had the center fuel door, talbot design side mirrors, new design rims, etc., etc., which were shown on the prototype introduction which never made it in production launch, the ADM would stay longer and will be higher than what we perceive today.

At any rate congrats if you are able to secure a Speedster at MSRP.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 05-17-2019, 02:52 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

You mean getting a GT car at MSRP, sell it back to your dealer in a very short time with very little miles on the clock, so they can sell the car at "market" price? Oh yeah, you definitely found one of the few good dealers out there

Old 05-17-2019, 03:13 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
I'm a mortal and non-VIP/VVIP so I won't be getting a call for any numbered GT or non-GT Porsches. haha
Old 05-17-2019, 03:17 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Good for you. You are unique in your situation because while you do not buy yearly in multiples, you are a "frequent buyer" on practically new GT* model releases.

Unique enough in such a way that when you need to turnover the car, which is not for long, you return it from your purchasing dealer who in turn resells at a price above MSRP. So in this case it is a "Win-Win" situation for both you and your dealer. ADM isn't really lost on the car, but shuffled discreetly.

The limited and numbered Speedster is produced at a higher volume (1948) compared to the 911R (991) and Turbo S Exclusive Series (500) as of late. I wouldn't be surprised if a "select few" like you who have established "Special Relationship" with a dealer acquires a Speedster at MSRP. Good for those folks without a doubt. However, if this Speedster were produced below 1,000 copies, we would already know how high the ADM outcome, and I would be very interested to see if anyone will get such cars at MSRP, based on recent experiences with limited and numbered cars.

Plus we have seen Porsche marking up these cars much higher $$$ than previous model releases such as the GT2RS, and now the Speedster cutting out, or discouraging the "flippers" in a way. The GT2RS I can understand why it is expensive. After all it is the fastest and currently reigning King of Nurburgring. Speedster however is bloated in price and not much in uniqueness. If the Speedster had the center fuel door, talbot design side mirrors, new design rims, etc., etc., which were shown on the prototype introduction which never made it in production launch, the ADM would stay longer and will be higher than what we perceive today.

At any rate congrats if you are able to secure a Speedster at MSRP.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I'm not that good of a customer and/or have been a customer long enough to be able to get numbered car allocation and I'm fine with that because I don't have to call around or beg for regular production GT cars again which is good enough to a small fish like me.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unotaz
You mean getting a GT car at MSRP, sell it back to your dealer in a very short time with very little miles on the clock, so they can sell the car at "market" price? Oh yeah, you definitely found one of the few good dealers out there
Well considering that I wasn't driving the GT3 and it was sitting in my garage collecting, it was only right to sell it back to the dealer that gave me that MSRP allocation...kinda good karma thing to do, isn't it? Last time I checked, a business relationship is a two-way street and I've always taken care of service providers who have taken care of me. I would have probably gotten $15k-$20k over MSRP for the car if I sold it myself private party. Unlike you and some of the other big ballers on here, I'm a poor working stiff with limited garage space and more importantly limited funds so cars that I don't drive get sold. On the bright side, I got over 1,000 miles on my .2RS and I'm hitting Spring Mountain with PCA LV Memorial Day weekend to depreciate it more...you should come out as they are running the OG 3.4 mile course.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:15 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

I go to Thermal quite a bit, haven't been to Spring Mountain in some time now. Maybe I will go again once day.

Going back to your point, there is nothing wrong with cooperating with a dealer, but you have been very vocal about "stealers", yet you are doing the exact same thing that you've been bashing on for ages here on RL. What's difference between a dealer asking ADM on a new car versus a dealer selling at market value for an almost new/used car? No difference in my eyes and that seems hypocritical.

Well considering that I wasn't driving the GT3 and it was sitting in my garage collecting, it was only right to sell it back to the dealer that gave me that MSRP allocation...kinda good karma thing to do, isn't it? Last time I checked, a business relationship is a two-way street and I've always taken care of service providers who have taken care of me. I would have probably gotten $15k-$20k over MSRP for the car if I sold it myself private party. Unlike you and some of the other big ballers on here, I'm a poor working stiff with limited garage space and more importantly limited funds so cars that I don't drive get sold. On the bright side, I got over 1,000 miles on my .2RS and I'm hitting Spring Mountain with PCA LV Memorial Day weekend to depreciate it more...you should come out as they are running the OG 3.4 mile course.

Last edited by unotaz; 05-17-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I go to Thermal quite a bit, haven't been to Spring Mountain in some time now. Maybe I will go again once day.

Going back to your point, there is nothing wrong with working a dealer, but you have been very vocal about "stealers" but you are doing the exact same thing that you bash on for ages here on RL. What's difference between a dealer asking ADM on a new car versus a dealer selling at market value for an almost new/used car? Nothing in my eyes.
In my view it’s worse because the guy actually buying it to use it does not get a new car and can’t spec it.

Quick Reply: Let's play name that Speedster ADM...