Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 RS vs 488 GTB ?

 
Old 05-15-2019, 11:05 PM
  #31  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,072
Default

The 3RS and 488 are just different cars. There is a roughly 100k price difference. You really canít compare the two as they are just different. One is more track oriented and one is less so. That doesnít make one better than the other.

the 488 will garner much more attention. That might be good or it might be bad depending on your perspective. You really canít go wrong with either. Just drive them both and decide which fits your needs better. For a daily driver, Iíd give the edge to the 488. If you are going to track the 3rs is probably a better bet.

ive owned both. Still own the 488. Sold the 3rs. Not because there was anything wrong it it. It was just time for a change.



Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:09 PM
  #32  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,072
Default

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
Source please. How does the F8 "torpedo" the Pista?

I have a Pista coming at the end of the year. My spec was just submitted to the factory. I donít know of a single Pista owner who gave up their allocation to get an F8 instead.

Currently there is one Pista for sale on Dupont Registry and the asking price is 577k. Thatís over 100k on the Msrp. Will they get it? Donít know. Is it worth it? Not to me. I refuse to pay over Msrp and thatís what my Pista is coming in at.

all indications are that there will be very few Pistas made. There will be a ton of F8s made. I have not seen a single Pista in town and the car has been out close to a year.

The Pista is rare and while the performance of the F8 will be similar, comparing the Pista to an F8 is like comparing a 2RS to a Carrera.
Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:12 AM
  #33  
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 14,699
Default

I do t fit in a 458 or 488 so I’ll never have one....that ends that. Problem is seat doesn’t go back far enough and I can swing my legs in or get in any other way. Then I notice my head is about .5” from head liner so I’d never be able to run the 488 at the track and the is very important to me....to be able feel what the car can do.

I love the Porsche’s more....because of the racing history, fit and finish, durability....although a lot of other manufacturers have made great improvements in this area, I fit great in 997 and 991 cars and I can track them and they hold up great. The GT3/RS looks every bit as unique and attractive as the Ferrari.
mdrums is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:17 AM
  #34  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,072
Default

Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
I do t fit in a 458 or 488 so Iíll never have one....that ends that. Problem is seat doesnít go back far enough and I can swing my legs in or get in any other way. Then I notice my head is about .5Ē from head liner so Iíd never be able to run the 488 at the track and the is very important to me....to be able feel what the car can do.

I love the Porscheís more....because of the racing history, fit and finish, durability....although a lot of other manufacturers have made great improvements in this area, I fit great in 997 and 991 cars and I can track them and they hold up great. The GT3/RS looks every bit as unique and attractive as the Ferrari.
Interesting observation. Iím 6í4Ē and fit just fine in both the 488 and 3rs with plenty of room to spare.

Now Lambos- I do not fit. Not enough head room.
Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:19 AM
  #35  
ipse dixit
Super User
 
ipse dixit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,398
Default

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye View Post
I have a Pista coming at the end of the year. My spec was just submitted to the factory. I donít know of a single Pista owner who gave up their allocation to get an F8 instead.

Currently there is one Pista for sale on Dupont Registry and the asking price is 577k. Thatís over 100k on the Msrp. Will they get it? Donít know. Is it worth it? Not to me. I refuse to pay over Msrp and thatís what my Pista is coming in at.

all indications are that there will be very few Pistas made. There will be a ton of F8s made. I have not seen a single Pista in town and the car has been out close to a year.

The Pista is rare and while the performance of the F8 will be similar, comparing the Pista to an F8 is like comparing a 2RS to a Carrera.
Indeed.

For those that are comparing the F8 to the Pista simply don't know what they are talking about.
ipse dixit is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 AM
  #36  
Yippiekiaye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Yippiekiaye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1,072
Default

Originally Posted by ipse dixit View Post
Indeed.

For those that are comparing the F8 to the Pista simply don't know what they are talking about.
Truth!
Yippiekiaye is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 01:02 AM
  #37  
Nero Corsa
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 24
Default

Originally Posted by Waxer View Post
Get the RS. 488s are the Italian Vette. See them everywhere. RS is a much better track weapon, 9k rpm NA flat 6, more durable, better resale value and imo just a better car.

The RS is also just as if not more exotic looking and rarer to see in the wild by far.

See below track time comparisons. 488 has 160hp and 200 lbs/tq advantage. Despite this the track times say it all.
It depends where you are located in the states or around the world to see what is rare and not. RS is dime and dozen here in California.
Nero Corsa is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:19 AM
  #38  
dxbtousa
User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by Nero Corsa View Post
It depends where you are located in the states or around the world to see what is rare and not. RS is dime and dozen here in California.
In Dubai both are dime a dozen
dxbtousa is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 07:46 AM
  #39  
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,034
Default

Originally Posted by Nero Corsa View Post
It depends where you are located in the states or around the world to see what is rare and not. RS is dime and dozen here in California.
Doesnt surprise me but if RS a dime a dozen out there 488 likely a nickel a dozen.
Waxer is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 08:56 AM
  #40  
Richard.
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 851
Default

I bought the 991.1 GT3 RS, another Mr Purple joins the forum, the 488 was fast, great interior but sounded terrible even with a Capristo
Richard. is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM
  #41  
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Waxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 4,034
Default

Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
I bought the 991.1 GT3 RS, another Mr Purple joins the forum, the 488 was fast, great interior but sounded terrible even with a Capristo
Congrats. Fast in the street is meaningless. Fast on the track is what counts. RS is the right tool for where it counts.
Waxer is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 10:28 AM
  #42  
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mdrums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 14,699
Default

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye View Post
Interesting observation. Iím 6í4Ē and fit just fine in both the 488 and 3rs with plenty of room to spare.

Now Lambos- I do not fit. Not enough head room.
I'm 6.5" and a half 230lbs
mdrums is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: