Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3T Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 01:43 AM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 143 Posts
Default GT3T Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates ???

Other than the obvious engine sounds, transmission, steering feel, etc... What details do you like, dislike, love or hate about the GT3T? After a month, I'm starting to notice a few things, so here goes:

Black brushed metal dash/doorsill trim - love the look - especially since it was a no-cost option
Soft “trampoline” headrests - good for those quick starts (or jerky shifts)
Positive metal clicks from dash switches
Squeaky, dusty iron brakes - there is just something nice and analog about these to me...
Rubber stock dashboard - built to last forever and not worried about cracking

Dislikes:
Alcantara headliner - half the reason I spec'd a Touring was not liking wings, the other half was not liking alcantara
BMW-like “bliiing” dash startup sound - couldn't Porsche come up with their own cheesy sound?
Leather steering wheel center stripe not colored - I didn't see a way to spec this at all
New car smell is not very pleasant - like dye or solvent to me...
Having to turn on "sport exhaust" every time I start the car

Loves:
18-way sofas - especially the black cloth inserts - unbelievable comfort and support
Hot metal smell from the engine - I love the way this thing pops and ticks and smells when I park it in the garage
Apple CarPlay - Waze is always on!
No Lift Shifting! - total game changer, especially on downshifts... Sport shift mode is silly though...
Surgically-precise throttle/gas-pedal - It took some getting used to, but the feel is unmatched in my (admittedly limited) experience

Hates:
No black brushed metal trim on doors - despite having a perfect place for some, this would have perfectly carried the dash motif across the interior
Low-hanging "sacrificial" plastic fender well trims just ahead of front tires - I think you could replace these every week if you really want - even with the FAL

Great car overall...!
Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

My dislike list is not being able to scroll through radio presets on the multifunction display, not figuring out how to make heat and MF wheel work, and the intermittent speaker rattle in the passenger door.

Like list is rev matching, that cruise control stays on through shifts, and I am very happy with my interior (rubber dash, free leather in place of aluminium, LWB, added wood wheel, and sheepskin vest type seat cover). Oh and the all season tires I am happy with too.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:08 AM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

"No Lift Shifting! - total game changer, especially on downshifts..."

Interesting, I didn't realize you could do this with downshifts, thought was only for upshifts.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:02 AM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by James88
"No Lift Shifting! - total game changer, especially on downshifts..."

Interesting, I didn't realize you could do this with downshifts, thought was only for upshifts.
I had no idea this was even possible. Wish I had known that before driving my friends GT3T!
Old 05-09-2019, 06:41 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Pretty much everything, motor is great for around town. Sport buckets are comfortable
Clutch is really light, so easy in traffic

Needed improvements (dislikes)
- add back seat
- add keyless entry
- add adaptive cruise
- add lane change assist
- add parking sensors in the bumper
- delete valves in exhaust

I daily drive mine, it's pretty much perfect but I wish they would have let me add creature comforts
Old 05-09-2019, 07:20 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

^sounds like you want your porsche to be your mercedes...

That said I have 2015 TTS and 2016 RS. One is more comfortable and faster is straight line...the other is better in every way. I also agree the sport buckets are comfy for me.

Lotta debate on GT3T vs 911R. Had both and sold both. Getting ready to get another 911R.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Pretty much everything, motor is great for around town. Sport buckets are comfortable

- add back seat
- add keyless entry
- add adaptive cruise
- add lane change assist

I daily drive mine, it's pretty much perfect but I wish they would have let me add creature comforts
I totally get where you’re coming from on this. Why not offer those things on the GT3T and make it a really great DD?
Old 05-09-2019, 08:56 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Hates: The "step/non-linearity" in sound when PSE-valves open

Dislikes: The drone that comes when solving above by disconnecting vacuum lines to PSE-valves

Likes/Loves: Everything else, from customisable options to interior smell to general driving, be it coffee runs or at the track.

Fantastic car. Feel very happy and lucky to be able to own/drive it.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:01 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
Other than the obvious engine sounds, transmission, steering feel, etc... What details do you like, dislike, love or hate about the GT3T? After a month, I'm starting to notice a few things, so here goes:

Black brushed metal dash/doorsill trim - love the look - especially since it was a no-cost option
Soft “trampoline” headrests - good for those quick starts (or jerky shifts)
Positive metal clicks from dash switches
Squeaky, dusty iron brakes - there is just something nice and analog about these to me...
Rubber stock dashboard - built to last forever and not worried about cracking

Dislikes:
Alcantara headliner - half the reason I spec'd a Touring was not liking wings, the other half was not liking alcantara
BMW-like “bliiing” dash startup sound - couldn't Porsche come up with their own cheesy sound?
Leather steering wheel center stripe not colored - I didn't see a way to spec this at all
New car smell is not very pleasant - like dye or solvent to me...
Having to turn on "sport exhaust" every time I start the car

Loves:
18-way sofas - especially the black cloth inserts - unbelievable comfort and support
Hot metal smell from the engine - I love the way this thing pops and ticks and smells when I park it in the garage
Apple CarPlay - Waze is always on!
No Lift Shifting! - total game changer, especially on downshifts... Sport shift mode is silly though...
Surgically-precise throttle/gas-pedal - It took some getting used to, but the feel is unmatched in my (admittedly limited) experience

Hates:
No black brushed metal trim on doors - despite having a perfect place for some, this would have perfectly carried the dash motif across the interior
Low-hanging "sacrificial" plastic fender well trims just ahead of front tires - I think you could replace these every week if you really want - even with the FAL

Great car overall...!
Buy some colored tape for your steering wheel center Mark....
Old 05-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

I prefer wing and though I have never driven a touring, I can't imagine it drives very different than wing or that there is much to legitimately dislike...even harder to believe there is anything to "hate". some of the dislikes and hates in this thread are beyond picking nits. or maybe some shouldn't have bought a gt car.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

- add back seat Yes, because family, plus folding carbon buckets like cars in RoW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KstB6o8idvI
- add keyless entry Nah
- add adaptive cruise Nah
- add lane change assist Nah
- add parking sensors in the bumper Nah, just use the camera, no holes in bumper
- delete valves in exhaust Sure
I'll add two more
  • The standard radio blows!
  • And separate HVAC controls, no thanks!
See above
Old 05-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Berjar
Racer

Received 355 Likes on 139 Posts

Likes-
-Classic appearance
-Engine is epic in every way
-Manual gearbox feel and no lift shifts (although I do heal and toe sometimes for fun too)
-Rarity
-Perfect mix of stiffness and noise for a performance car that can also do a 6 hour trip
-Interior is way cool (full leather w red stitching) and comfortable

Dislikes-
-Would probably shorten gear ratios 10% but would stay with 6 speeds. Gearing to 220 mph is not necessary IMO

I have been a 911 fan since I was 8 and I really feel Porsche made me my perfect car!!
Old 05-09-2019, 04:45 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- add back seat
- add keyless entry
- add adaptive cruise
- add lane change assist

You just described the GTS!!!! The perfect car for you?!?!?!
Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by RockyTopTenn
Hates:
Door trim is included with the full leather option.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:57 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Love: almost everything

Wants: blind spot monitor in side mirrors

Quick Reply: GT3T Likes/Dislikes/Loves/Hates ???