Sponsored by:

Test drove a touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 05:16 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
When I owned the 570s I had tons of envy for the higher models I feel lots of guys here feel the same way about the rs!
Ehhhh. I sold an RS for a manual and turned down the .2RS at sticker to keep my manual and move to a touring. Not a money issue, I promise.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:23 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
When I owned the 570s I had tons of envy for the higher models I feel lots of guys here feel the same way about the rs!
If you let the car (or any possession) define who you are, you could feel that way. I guess it depends on how your level of insecurity/confidence or you your need on how you’re perceived by others... I hope you feel as good as you need to and get all the help you need.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:19 AM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
If you let the car (or any possession) define who you are, you could feel that way. I guess it depends on how your level of insecurity/confidence or you your need on how you’re perceived by others... I hope you feel as good as you need to and get all the help you need.
Haha are you a Psychatrist..... or just watched good will hunting?
Old 05-08-2019, 01:27 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

I'm mad every single time I click these threads and read further than where it turns the point of a) value, or b) what the 'best' perceives model is...
Old 05-08-2019, 01:45 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
Sort of silly to project/generalize. I have a RS but debated the two much and could have swung either way. But I have a 997.2 GT3 for my manual fix, so went with the RS for a different experience and glad I did. And I am sure would have enjoyed a GT3 too if that is what I got.

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
I'm mad every single time I click these threads and read further than where it turns the point of a) value, or b) what the 'best' perceives model is...
Yes. Everyone busy trying to convince everyone else the small fortune they forked over to Porsche for slightly different variant for the same damn car is miles better. GT3 vs RS, R vs Touring, winged vs touring, 2RS vs 3 RS, .1 vs .2... So childish. And can soon add the speedster to the list, Not long before some one comes along and preaches how much more special that one is than the rest of 1238799 GT variants.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by FORENN
I'm starting to sense this is nothing more than a poorly disguised 3RS hype thread.
yep

Originally Posted by FORENN
In contrast, guess how many dealers called me with an extra GT3 Touring they were looking to move.
haha true

Originally Posted by GT3
well said!

Originally Posted by sunnyr
Sort of silly to project/generalize.
+1

Quick Reply: Test drove a touring