Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket buckets similar in size to LWB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 03:22 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts
Default Aftermarket buckets similar in size to LWB?

I figured I would ask here because the LWB people live here. I want a new driver’s seat for my 993. I am fluffy (6’2” 250lbs) and the LWB fit me perfectly. The stock 993 seats are just not comfortable. I suppose I could buy an LWB for it but that is a ton of money, has power function (which I could probably make work or just eliminate), and may not fit/bolt in. But if anyone has one with a blown airbag cheap I’d probably buy one. The GTS Classic club sport is way to small for reference. Pole positions are similar tight, but it has been a while since I sat in them. I also don’t like 993 factory sport seats.

Any ideas?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I figured I would ask here because the LWB people live here. I want a new driver’s seat for my 993. I am fluffy (6’2” 250lbs) and the LWB fit me perfectly. The stock 993 seats are just not comfortable. I suppose I could buy an LWB for it but that is a ton of money, has power function (which I could probably make work or just eliminate), and may not fit/bolt in. But if anyone has one with a blown airbag cheap I’d probably buy one. The GTS Classic club sport is way to small for reference. Pole positions are similar tight, but it has been a while since I sat in them. I also don’t like 993 factory sport seats.

Any ideas?
I am 6'1" 190 lbs andI have LWB's in my current car. I can recommend three seats that I have experience with that are super comfortable:

Cobra Suzuka T GT
https://www.subesports.com/cobra/suzuka-t-gt/cob-10050

OMP WRC-R XL
https://www.subesports.com/omp/wrc-r-xl/dri-ompha778

Recaro Profi XL
https://frsport.com/recaro-070-86-uu...xoCfkcQAvD_BwE

I like the Profi XL as it is the cleanest and most OEM looking of the three.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:10 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm 6' 168 and there's no way I'd be comfortable in the Pole Positions. I couldn't take the Profis after a year and moved to the Profi Xls instead. Assuming manufactures have similar dimensions to the Recaros I'd recommend the XL size for any aftermarket seat.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:51 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket buckets similar in size to LWB?