Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 991.1 GT3 Owners in Phoenix / Scottsdale area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 05:01 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Any 991.1 GT3 Owners in Phoenix / Scottsdale area?

As I'm seriously considering picking up a 991.1 GT3 as the next toy in the very near future - I'm looking to see if there are any PHX / Scottsdale Members willing to let a fellow enthusiast check out their car!! I have briefly driven a .1 gt3 (but don't recall much of the experience) through my suburb a year back and riden along in a .2rs recently.

Before you suggest it - I don't care for the high pressure dealer experience , that 9/10 times leaves me with a sour taste in the mouth.

Would love another look / chat with a fellow board member over coffee, willing to help go over the GT3 with me
Old 04-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you driven the Spyder yet (You were searching for one prior to the GT3 correct)? I have a 981 Spyder and would be happy to let you drive the car if you haven’t driven one before. To be honest, I never thought of the 981, as being a car I would want to own. My brother has driven almost every modern Porsche there is from the 959, 918, through all of the GT cars. He said for the street, the 981 Spyder is one of the most enjoyable cars he’s driven. He said it has what he called a “special sauce”. After buying a Spyder I see what everyone likes in the car. In my opinion, it’s the perfect car for Phoenix. I’m a snowbird and am in Phoenix through the end of May and then back to the Midwest for the summer.

If if you have driven the car before, then you probably know all about them. But in the chance you have not, I’m happy to let you see the car and then you can better compare it to the GT3. Honestly you can’t go wrong with either car, but if you aren’t tracking it, the Spyder, especially with the top down is just an extremely enjoyable experience.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to see the car. I’m up in Anthem.

Dave

Mine is Jet Black Metallic with LWB and ceramics....

Dave
Old 04-28-2019, 12:45 AM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Take a quick flight up to Vegas and check out the speed Vegas driving experience. They have a .1 GT3 that you can take out on track. Or I could set you up with my friends which have a bunch of GT3s out here
Old 06-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Getting close to selling of most of my current toys and with an empty garage Im in the market still for either a spyder or GT3 --

Still looking for a GT3 owner in Phoenix / Scottsdale area who I can meet up briefly with to check out their .1 or .2 GT3 !!

Would love your help if you can or know of someone willing to help out!!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:13 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Socialpro
Getting close to selling of most of my current toys and with an empty garage Im in the market still for either a spyder or GT3 --

Still looking for a GT3 owner in Phoenix / Scottsdale area who I can meet up briefly with to check out their .1 or .2 GT3 !!

Would love your help if you can or know of someone willing to help out!!
I'm not in Phoenix but I am in Vegas....shoot me a PM if you're in the area sometime
Old 06-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

There are a bunch of GT3's in the area.
I have a 991.2.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:16 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 76 Posts

991.2 GT3 in Scottsdale. Happy to meet over coffee one of this weekends. I’ll try to bring a couple of buddies w/ GT3s too. PM me and we can try to organize it. With that said I’m traveling over the next couple of weeks.

Four till Four (a coffee shop in old town) has a monthly Porsche meeting. Not sure when the next one will be (If not next Saturday 7/6 then in August). You will be able to see and meet lots of owners of GT3s and other models.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Any 991.1 GT3 Owners in Phoenix / Scottsdale area?