Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Side Muffler By Pass Install [PICS]

 
Old 05-07-2019, 12:35 AM
  #31  
Itzkirb
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Itzkirb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: SF Bay Area (East Bay)
Posts: 2,578
Default

Originally Posted by n d View Post
I have an appointment with Fabspeed on Monday I currently have a sw center bypass sounds incredible but I want a little louder hopefully removing the side mufflers coupled with the center delete wool sound great! Sw center is smaller then competing companies so hopefully that will keep it from being to loud and retain the high pitch!
I have the Sharkwerks center with Soul sides. It's really loud at start up, but sounds great once the car warms up,
Itzkirb is online now  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:32 AM
  #32  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Psup4s View Post
Sounds amazing!!
Thank you!
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:33 AM
  #33  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by VDBGT3 View Post
I just completed my side delete install last Monday and after ~1000 miles at the Smokies event, can say they are an improvement. My butt dyno can't tell any real difference, my ear dyno "feels" like its faster, and my tires appreciated removing the heat sink for the high speeds at Road Atlanta. Even in the afternoon, it didn't seem that the rears got as greasy as previous - but can't say definitively until I try it on a track I have previously been on. It took me ~3.5 hours total in my garage to do the swap. I love the new sounds. I would say it is 25% louder with just the side deletes and nothing else. I feel like 80-90% of the drone is gone.
So you still retained your Centre Muffler though?
Do you have any vids?
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:35 AM
  #34  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Itzkirb View Post
I have the Sharkwerks center with Soul sides. It's really loud at start up, but sounds great once the car warms up,
Do you think having Sharkwerks Centre is different sound to have SOUL centre?
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:36 AM
  #35  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by n d View Post
I have an appointment with Fabspeed on Monday I currently have a sw center bypass sounds incredible but I want a little louder hopefully removing the side mufflers coupled with the center delete wool sound great! Sw center is smaller then competing companies so hopefully that will keep it from being to loud and retain the high pitch!
Ahh i see

So the Sharkwerks Centre is smaller, thus not as loud but more "screamer" ?
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:39 AM
  #36  
VDBGT3
User
 
VDBGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 72
Default

I did retain the center muffler. I did not take videos. After watching 50+ of them online before I made my decision, I realized they didnít tell you much. No camera/mic captures what you really hear in and out of the car. Also - you can really only judge when they are running and the car/engine is under load. Having just watched 100+ GT cars at Road Atlanta, the sounds are all over the place with all of the various configs. Iím very happy with where mine ended up, and itís a good balance of heat/weight savings, a little extra sound, and eliminates most of the drone. (In my opinion!)
VDBGT3 is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 11:49 AM
  #37  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by VDBGT3 View Post
I did retain the center muffler. I did not take videos. After watching 50+ of them online before I made my decision, I realized they didnít tell you much. No camera/mic captures what you really hear in and out of the car. Also - you can really only judge when they are running and the car/engine is under load. Having just watched 100+ GT cars at Road Atlanta, the sounds are all over the place with all of the various configs. Iím very happy with where mine ended up, and itís a good balance of heat/weight savings, a little extra sound, and eliminates most of the drone. (In my opinion!)
You know what, you're absolutely right about videos not doing justice. The the vids, they all sound the same pretty much.

Gotta hear in person totally agree.

I just like watching other videos LOL

I feel there is a fair bit of drone with my setup.
In a months time or so, im going to put the OEM centre muffler back in, and drive that for a bit, see how it is.
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM
  #38  
matt3rs
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by goldberg View Post
You know what, you're absolutely right about videos not doing justice. The the vids, they all sound the same pretty much.

Gotta hear in person totally agree.

I just like watching other videos LOL

I feel there is a fair bit of drone with my setup.
In a months time or so, im going to put the OEM centre muffler back in, and drive that for a bit, see how it is.
I'm considering the same set up you're currently running and about to pull the trigger but I'm concerned about the drone you mentioned.
Like you said, can't really tell anything from videos, so could you help people like me who are considering this set up by describing how bad the drone is to the best of your ability?
What rpm range does it drone and how obnoxious is it?
matt3rs is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 04:34 PM
  #39  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,540
Default

Anthony what a lovely fun thread! I'm sorry I missed it earlier, thank you for all your wonderful and transparent feedback. Your videos are intoxicating, I'd love to see more haha. I'm temporarily a bit down on "screen time" on the forums with a concussion/broken hand, but I'd love to have a chat and follow up with you on your experience with our competition setup thus far. If you have Whatsapp, shoot me a message at 484 883 6197.

If anyone else would like to have a nice chat about various exhaust configurations or this one in particular, please feel free to give me a shout anytime at my cell above

Best regards,
John Gaydos
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 05-08-2019, 11:11 AM
  #40  
n d
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 180
Default

Originally Posted by Itzkirb View Post
I have the Sharkwerks center with Soul sides. It's really loud at start up, but sounds great once the car warms up,
Canít wait very excited for the upcoming week ..... also got invited to a dealership auto x and track day up in Monticello!
Anyone else coming?
n d is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 03:54 PM
  #41  
Soul Performance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Soul Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Willow Grove, PA
Posts: 1,540
Default

Originally Posted by n d View Post
Canít wait very excited for the upcoming week ..... also got invited to a dealership auto x and track day up in Monticello!
Anyone else coming?
I didn't get the invite, I'm not special enough haha
__________________
Soul Performance Products
Outstanding Exhaust Solutions, Fair Pricing, and Quality Service

John Gaydos - Performance Specialist

PCA National Instructor
Cell - (484) 883-6197
[email protected]

Mike Spock - Marketing Manager
Office (855) 486-1400
Soul Performance is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 06:10 PM
  #42  
drdonger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
drdonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,694
Default

Originally Posted by n d View Post
I have an appointment with Fabspeed on Monday I currently have a sw center bypass sounds incredible but I want a little louder hopefully removing the side mufflers coupled with the center delete wool sound great! Sw center is smaller then competing companies so hopefully that will keep it from being to loud and retain the high pitch!
Just get race pipes if you are going to do a side delete with center bypass. See my JCR race pipe review.
drdonger is offline  
Old 05-11-2019, 02:05 PM
  #43  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by matt3rs View Post
I'm considering the same set up you're currently running and about to pull the trigger but I'm concerned about the drone you mentioned.
Like you said, can't really tell anything from videos, so could you help people like me who are considering this set up by describing how bad the drone is to the best of your ability?
What rpm range does it drone and how obnoxious is it?
After now driving for a while with this setup, i can accurately say the drone only happens from around 2200RPM to 2600RPM.

For us here in Australia, thats 7th gear at 100KPH (62MPH)
So on roads like this i gear down to 6th gear and cruise in 6th. Brings the RPMs up just that little bit and drone is gone.

Look, with any exhaust change, its going to be louder (Thats why we do it! haha)
This is a pretty damn loud setup. But thats just my opinion. I Like a bit of loud. But even for my taste it could be *too* loud at times. Sometimes one just wants to be quiet, and it can be relatively if drive sensible and shift at 2K RPM with valves closed.

But everyday my opinion changes. Now that i have this sound (and it sounds bloody awesome on WOT), and the sound of rev matching on down shifts with the exhaust open is just incredible, i cant ever think of going back to quieter.
Thats what i mean by, how my opinion changes. Its loud. Sound is incredible. But then i drive on the motorway, and i just want it quiet. LOL. But then i think, HOW COULD I GO BACK TO QUIETER??? I CANT!! LOL

I will continue to run this setup for at the very least a few weeks. I want to go back to the dragstrip with setup, and see what times i get compared to my last runs. etc.

I will MOST PROBABLY put the OEM Centre Muffler back in, just to hear the difference. But i doubt i will keep the OEM centre muffler in there, if it muffles the sound too much.

I have zero regrets putting the side muffler bypass in though.
And i think we can all agree, with the price point of SOUL products, it doesn't cost much to have a play around with different setups. And the with ease of doing these changes DIY, Worst to worst, can always revert back, or mix and match Side Deletes, with OEM Centre, etc.

And i will reiterate, John at SOUL is a real pleasure to work with. He is patient, explains things honestly, ships products fast with no fuss, and overall a very helpful person. So that helps the process alot. Customer service is 100% on point.
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-11-2019, 02:05 PM
  #44  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by drdonger View Post
Just get race pipes if you are going to do a side delete with center bypass. See my JCR race pipe review.
Will look at this
goldberg is offline  
Old 05-11-2019, 02:07 PM
  #45  
goldberg
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 308
Default

Originally Posted by Soul Performance View Post
Anthony what a lovely fun thread! I'm sorry I missed it earlier, thank you for all your wonderful and transparent feedback. Your videos are intoxicating, I'd love to see more haha. I'm temporarily a bit down on "screen time" on the forums with a concussion/broken hand, but I'd love to have a chat and follow up with you on your experience with our competition setup thus far. If you have Whatsapp, shoot me a message at 484 883 6197.

If anyone else would like to have a nice chat about various exhaust configurations or this one in particular, please feel free to give me a shout anytime at my cell above

Best regards,
John Gaydos
Ha! I will add more videos as they are taken for sure!
Yes the sound from the outside is just nuts. But it has turned the sound into a really exotic sound. Its so good.

Yep, will message you on Whats App tomorrow.
goldberg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: