Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 10:22 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Integrated lumbar support for LWB by P1Designs

Need additional lumbar support for your LWB seats? We have a solution for you. P1Designs now offers an inflatable lumbar support that is integrated into the seat. You choose the fabric and options, and we create your new look....and feel! Please visit our website for more details www.P1Designs.com

Lumbar support offered for both driver and passenger side (deflated).

Inflatable hand pump.

Photos of seat inserts inflated. Can be adjusted/deflated with an adjustable air valve.

Photos of seat inserts inflated.
-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 04-26-2019, 11:53 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a great opti9n f9r people with lower back pain and want LWB!
Old 04-27-2019, 12:28 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

These are my seat inserts and I absolutely love them!

Not only do these inserts have the same high build quality and attention to detail that others have experienced with P1Designs inserts, they help solve one of the biggest shortcomings of Porsche's LWB seat - causing or exacerbating low back pain. With these seat inserts I can easily add or release lumbar support while using the car. When deflated you don't know they're there because the inflatable bladder sits in a slight recess in the foam pad.

I'm not affiliated with P1, just a super satisfied customer.

Name:  photo690.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  375.8 KB
Old 04-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

The Memory foam upgrade is awesome- 150% satisfied with this upgrade. Even my Wife thinks my LWBs are very comfortable now.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The Memory foam upgrade is awesome- 150% satisfied with this upgrade. Even my Wife thinks my LWBs are very comfortable now.
Can you give a description on how the memory foam compares to the stock cushions?
Old 04-28-2019, 10:15 PM
anselmw
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I got the regular foam and they were firmer and more supportive than the oem ones but also due to me getting sport Tex fabric as it is a bit firmer than alcantara.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:51 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I also added memory for pads. very happy with them--no more sore back
1'' foam from amazon, dirt cheap; gets the job done.
P1Design looks very well-engineered, I'd give them that. Very neat idea.

Trending Topics

Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jon70
Can you give a description on how the memory foam compares to the stock cushions?
Hi Jon70, The memory foam compared to stock provides a more comfortable ride, and especially more noticeable on longer drives. We use a 1” memory foam “topper” on both seat and back cushions that is built in between the foam and seat cover, so the luxury feel is immediate when you sit in the seat. The seat covers are also made slightly larger to accommodate the foam. You can see from the pictures posted on our website that the memory foam seat inserts are slightly thicker, but barely noticeable. Please feel free to PM me or call if you have further questions. Kim
Old 04-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P1Designs
Hi Jon70, The memory foam compared to stock provides a more comfortable ride, and especially more noticeable on longer drives. We use a 1” memory foam “topper” on both seat and back cushions that is built in between the foam and seat cover, so the luxury feel is immediate when you sit in the seat. The seat covers are also made slightly larger to accommodate the foam. You can see from the pictures posted on our website that the memory foam seat inserts are slightly thicker, but barely noticeable. Please feel free to PM me or call if you have further questions. Kim
thank you Kim. I appreciate the info
Old 04-30-2019, 07:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^Also- the most important feature of the Memory foam is that the LWBs funnel from wider to narrower on the bottom section. So, the Memory foam, which is thicker, puts one's **** in the wider zone of the bottom section which allows one to be more comfortable.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by roger sf
These are my seat inserts and I absolutely love them!

Not only do these inserts have the same high build quality and attention to detail that others have experienced with P1Designs inserts, they help solve one of the biggest shortcomings of Porsche's LWB seat - causing or exacerbating low back pain. With these seat inserts I can easily add or release lumbar support while using the car. When deflated you don't know they're there because the inflatable bladder sits in a slight recess in the foam pad.

I'm not affiliated with P1, just a super satisfied customer.

Attachment 1303244
Why did you copy my seat insert pattern?

Old 04-30-2019, 09:33 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Any upgrade options for those who already have the houndstooth inserts from the factory but want the memory foam and lumbar support or does it all have to be built into the insert itself?
Old 04-30-2019, 04:02 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Any upgrade options for those who already have the houndstooth inserts from the factory but want the memory foam and lumbar support or does it all have to be built into the insert itself?
I was inspired to attempt to do something similar after seeing these photos. 25 dollar lumbar inflatable cushion from Amazon and literally 2 minutes of time. See attached pictures. Of note I did reposition the bladder higher in the cushion after testing it out, but that took maybe an extra 30 seconds. I did not take a picture of the final position since the cushion was back in the car. I have driven about 100 miles with the new inflatable support and it is literally the best 25 dollars I have spent in a long time.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:28 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tonymission
Hi tonymission, the memory foam and lumbar support is built into our inserts. In keeping with the quality of our products, the lumbar support is recessed into the foam using a die cut process. This ensures consistency and also guarantees you cannot feel the edges of the bladder and air tube when deflated/not in use. This also prevents the air bladder from sliding. For the memory foam, our covers are made slightly larger to accommodate the added thickness. Please feel free to call me with any questions. Kim
Old 04-30-2019, 08:54 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Kim,
can you please post photos of the standard foam and foam with memory foam added without covers installed?

Quick Reply: Integrated lumbar support for LWB by P1Designs