Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America in GT2 RS & GT3 RS

Old 05-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Yes Waxer, the new GT3RS is mightily impressive by itself, especially when there isn't a GT2RS around.

But if there is a GT2RS around, the GT3RS will just be second place, nothing to be ashamed of.
Lol. I just can’t win. Tough crowd.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:54 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I have a regular ole gt3...so that should make you feel better! ;-)
Old 05-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
I have a regular ole gt3...so that should make you feel better! ;-)
Feel bad? Nah.

🤫Just let them think they won here. It’s when the real world shows up and they post the second fastest lap time of the day at their DEs behind the 3/3RS and they’re scratching their heads wondering “wtf” we 3/3RS owners can now just console them with there own advice “second place is nothing to be ashamed of”. 😉

Kinda reminds me of this...

Last edited by Waxer; 05-03-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Feel bad? Nah.

��Just let them think they won here. It’s when the real world shows up and they post the second fastest lap time of the day at their DEs behind the 3/3RS and they’re scratching their heads wondering “wtf” we 3/3RS owners can now just console them with there own advice “second place is nothing to be ashamed of”. ��

Kinda reminds me of this...

https://youtu.be/Sq-uMIZGETs
You're a good sport Waxer, and your right as there will be plenty of cases where 3RS owners do set the fastest times, just not when I'm around. Just kidding. I actually need a GT2RS so I can try to keep up with fast guys like you.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hex
You're a good sport Waxer, and your right as there will be plenty of cases where 3RS owners do set the fastest times, just not when I'm around. Just kidding. I actually need a GT2RS so I can try to keep up with fast guys like you.
LOL.Thanks! You guys are fun and the 2RS is Godly for sure.
Nah, you likely you would be able to pass me in these outdated apple carts. No worries. My left arm is much more developed than my right due to point by's. ...and I'm right handed.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:20 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 587 Posts

Lol.

But if you're driving a new GT3 RS, you've already won, my friend.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:06 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stout
Lol.

👍😎
Old 05-03-2019, 10:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Lol.

LOl...yep that’s why I told him don’t feel bad, I’ve just got a regular ole GT3. Nobody talks much about them here... ;-)
Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 AM
997 tt/rs
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Guys, is this confirmed? found in this topic :

"2019 911 GT3 RS compared to 2016 911 GT3 RS
-Higher spring rates (100 N/mm compared to 45 N/mm front, 160 N/mm compared to 120 N/mm rear), stiffness of front sway bar reduced by 50 N/mm. The helper springs are used for pretensioning and fixing the position of the main spring during deflection)"
Old 08-16-2019, 08:53 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Yes
Old 08-16-2019, 03:40 PM
997 tt/rs
Pro

so I'm wondering why american tuners are offering to their customers swift springs 12K / 670lbs for the front and 15k / 840lbs for the rear running oem dampers???????????
Old 08-16-2019, 06:11 PM
997 tt/rs
Pro

anyone?
Old 08-16-2019, 09:32 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Lol I'm with you in this. There is something immersive about the Series II GT3 RS that one appreciates more and more as the seat miles increase - largely found as one has to work for the performance and not one aspect of the car dominates, it has high performance in the round.

There is no question the 2RS is the quicker car but in my view it's not the better car (or worse car). I say this whilst owning a 720S which undoubtedly colours my judgement. Thus the ballistic acceleration of the GT2 RS doesn't really impress me per se. Like the 720S the acceleration can dominate the cars character. Something I find obvious thanks to the Mclaren.

There is no question the GT2 RS is a tour de force and in some respects merges the best performance units in the Porsche armoury - the RS chassis and TTS engine and yet...........

Having said that I have only driven one once and that was on public roads so perhaps I would change my view after some track time.

Perhaps another view is I have completed a round trip through a range of fantastic high performance turbo charged cars to a simple conclusion - if you have a complete package with a high performance NA engine it delivers both a performance and emotive experience that trumps all others.

Also at the end of the day, a lot of the performance a car delivers, that translates to laptimes, is down to the driver and a second per minute can easily gained or lost through a single corner. Likewise if you can't manage the tires a couple of very fast laps is all for nought if you cook your tires - the same applies to multiday events where you have the number of useable tires defined in the sup. regs. and marked by officials during scruit to stop gaming.

At these levels there are so many variables at play that a single sprint lap time may not tell the whole story. Many moons ago I was a strong advocate of Porsche moving to full turbocharging - I am less certain of that position these days.

This view in part is informed by my involvement in Tarmac rallying where the emerging trend seems to be one of high performance and or light weight RWD cars taking home the goodies. A world where the fastest most reliable car ultimately is the winner.

Very enjoyable thread but we have be wary of looking at a small piece of a canvas and then extrapolating that to the view of the whole art work. 😀

Last edited by groundhog; 08-16-2019 at 10:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NevB (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by groundhog
Lol I'm with you in this. There is something immersive about the Series II GT3 RS that one appreciates more and more as the seat miles increase - largely found as one has to work for the performance and not one aspect of the car dominates, it has high performance in the round.

There is no question the 2RS is the quicker car but in my view it's not the better car (or worse car). I say this whilst owning a 720S which undoubtedly colours my judgement. Thus the ballistic acceleration of the GT2 RS doesn't really impress me per se. Like the 720S the acceleration can dominate the cars character. Something I find obvious thanks to the Mclaren.

There is no question the GT2 RS is a tour de force and in some respects merges the best performance units in the Porsche armoury - the RS chassis and TTS engine and yet...........

Having said that I have only driven one once and that was on public roads so perhaps I would change my view after some track time.

Perhaps another view is I have completed a round trip through a range of fantastic high performance turbo charged cars to a simple conclusion - if you have a complete package with a high performance NA engine it delivers both a performance and emotive experience that trumps all others.

Also at the end of the day, a lot of the performance a car delivers, that translates to laptimes, is down to the driver and a second per minute can easily gained or lost through a single corner. Likewise if you can't manage the tires a couple of very fast laps is all for nought if you cook your tires - the same applies to multiday events where you have the number of useable tires defined in the sup. regs. and marked by officials during scruit to stop gaming.

At these levels there are so many variables at play that a single sprint lap time may not tell the whole story. Many moons ago I was a strong advocate of Porsche moving to full turbocharging - I am less certain of that position these days.

This view in part is informed by my involvement in Tarmac rallying where the emerging trend seems to be one of high performance and or light weight RWD cars taking home the goodies. A world where the fastest most reliable car ultimately is the winner.

Very enjoyable thread but we have be wary of looking at a small piece of a canvas and then extrapolating that to the view of the whole art work. 😀
+1

There is no question the 2RS gains its time on torque and hp between corners. The 3RS claws some of that back in the turns. It does handle slightly better/more nimble. The 3RS allows more mortals(non pros) to drive closer to max i.e less over cooking braking zones and thus over cooking corner entry and exit and thus also tire cooking.

What amazing to me is how the 3RS being 180 hp down and 100+lbs of torque down stays in the fight and keeps it as close as it does. Amazing really.

Other more powerful cars it equals or beats in track times: 675LT, 600LT, 720S (some tracks including the Ring) FGT, Viper ACR, Z06, Corvette ZR1. Pretty damn impressive.

I’ve pondered a 2RS now that they can be had for msrp but I just can’t give up that epic sounding 9000 rpm NA flat six in a world where everything is now Turbo with its attendant lag. I also enjoy the fact and it means something to me that the 3RS is the homlogation basis for PAGs IMSA entries.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

3RS for the win once again 😁

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road America in GT2 RS & GT3 RS