Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 PTS GT3 Euro Delivery...done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 PM
911ist
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for taking me along the journey! We were planning ED this year but couldn't get a hold of a PTS allocation... I will definitely be bookmarking this page for my future ED trip.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rjongco
looks like a great trip. this is definitely on my bucket list.
Originally Posted by idyfohu
Awesome post and journey. Envious and looks like you two had such a blast and amazing experience!
Originally Posted by 911ist
Thanks for taking me along the journey! We were planning ED this year but couldn't get a hold of a PTS allocation... I will definitely be bookmarking this page for my future ED trip.
Thanks!

Unlike 6MT vs PDK, ED seems to be universally recommended. This isn't our first trip to Europe and I've don't the whole planes, trains, and automobile thing from Ireland to Hungary, but there's something special about taking delivery at Werk 1 and exploring B roads in Italy and France. Truly a visceral experience and not one to be missed!

Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WernerE
I thought this was Mooty's thread with all the food pics. Thanks for sharing.
It's called DWA...dining while Asian. When the food arrives, genetic programming kicks in, and we're compelled to take a few pics. Idk...

Originally Posted by WernerE
PTS Rimowa luggage?
Yes...the XL. As expected, it was a perfect fit, with room on the sides for car stuff, rags, shoes, etc. The best part was being able to put a garment bag over the top and still comfortably close the frunk hood.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Agate
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 26 Posts

What an amazing journey - thanks!

Unfortunately, the UK does not offer ED
Old 05-25-2019, 03:15 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Agate

Why someone from UK needs ED?

You can take your car and in less than 10 hours you can reach Germany.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:04 PM
Agate
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 26 Posts

Because picking your car up from its birthplace is totally unique
Old 05-28-2019, 01:46 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Interesting...why is this?

Because picking your car up from its birthplace is totally unique
Absolutely! There's something visceral about the delivery experience that will never be replicated from a dealer. It isn't just handing over the keys and going over the radio controls, but more about being there and seeing the production line, the history, the buildings, and the people who assembled your car.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:59 PM
DarthBalls
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Fantastic thread, thanks for sharing all the details and tips. I've always wanted to do ED and this has sealed it for me...now which car to choose for ED....decisions.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:23 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DarthBalls
Fantastic thread, thanks for sharing all the details and tips. I've always wanted to do ED and this has sealed it for me...now which car to choose for ED....decisions.
We're in a good position when we have these decisions to make! Enjoy and post your ED trip for us!

Old 06-20-2019, 04:52 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

It's at the dealer, 10 weeks exactly from the day we dropped it off in Nice! They're doing the prep (clear markers, maps, alignment check after settling, and an oil change) and I'll swing by and pick it up tomorrow! This is almost as exciting as the first delivery in Zuffenhausen!

Drop off:

Arrival at the dealer:

Old 08-20-2019, 08:06 PM
Miami Blue
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a fantastic ED experience! Thank you for sharing.
I have previously done the BMW ED delivery and looking forward to picking up my next Porsche in Bavaria! Your thread only makes that hunger more! :-)
Old 09-02-2019, 05:48 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Don't forget Leipzig

Don't know whether anyone else mentioned it, but taking ED in Leipzig also gives you about 45 minutes of track time in the same car you're picking up (with a Porsche pro driver in the right seat). We've done it twice and are looking forward to doing it with the new GT4 next summer. Factory tour isn't as cool as Zuff, but the rest is great. And it's farther away from Italy, France, etc. so there's more time on new unrestricted Autobahns (by and large, the Autobahns in East Germany seem to be in better shape).
Old 09-02-2019, 05:51 PM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Strange. You can get it from French dealers, with about a 1200 euro surcharge.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:01 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Miami Blue
Looks like a fantastic ED experience! Thank you for sharing.
I have previously done the BMW ED delivery and looking forward to picking up my next Porsche in Bavaria! Your thread only makes that hunger more! :-)
Plan the time of year well! Much of it was out of our control, but the window we had allowed us to pick it up before the tourist season and with reasonably good weather. There's nothing worse than waiting in Disney-like lines for places you want to visit. We tried staying off the beaten path, with the exception of Milan and Monaco.

Originally Posted by ragerard
Don't know whether anyone else mentioned it, but taking ED in Leipzig also gives you about 45 minutes of track time in the same car you're picking up (with a Porsche pro driver in the right seat). We've done it twice and are looking forward to doing it with the new GT4 next summer. Factory tour isn't as cool as Zuff, but the rest is great. And it's farther away from Italy, France, etc. so there's more time on new unrestricted Autobahns (by and large, the Autobahns in East Germany seem to be in better shape).
That's a great point. If the weather permitted it and we took delivery in Leipzig, we would have visited Berlin, Dresden, Prague, and then the passes in Austria and Italy.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:12 PM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
Plan the time of year well! Much of it was out of our control, but the window we had allowed us to pick it up before the tourist season and with reasonably good weather. There's nothing worse than waiting in Disney-like lines for places you want to visit. We tried staying off the beaten path, with the exception of Milan and Monaco.

That's a great point. If the weather permitted it and we took delivery in Leipzig, we would have visited Berlin, Dresden, Prague, and then the passes in Austria and Italy.
We took delivery of our RS at Leipzig, dropped it off at local PPF place and took the train to Dresdon & Prague. Came back 3 days later, picked up car from PPF place and drove to Stuttgart for free factory and museum tour. (Yes you can request it)
Did some drive in the Black Forest to complete the break in then headed to the Ring & Spa for track days. Dropped car off at Frankfurt and headed home. It was perfect!

Quick Reply: 2019 PTS GT3 Euro Delivery...done!