Just like that - we got a Value Thread!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 PM
RockyTopTenn
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Boom!
Just like that - we got a Value Thread!
This one started as a value thread. Good thing too. We haven’t had one in a few hours....
Old 04-24-2019, 10:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Sofas command a premium! 😉
Haha
Old 04-25-2019, 02:20 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Sofas command a premium! ��
buckets don't belong in a touring...they have no lumbar support , they sit too far upright, cost more than a good aftermarket REAL bucket seat and are not exactly easy to get in and out on a DD car....
They also are not a great option for track either, they don't hold you in place tight enough, I usually find myself elbowing the door often to stay in the seat.
I never cared about what the next owner wanted or what the resale value will be ..so when I order cars, I order them to be the right fit for me......
It difficult to understand the hype on a must have buckets in a GT car....
Old 04-25-2019, 02:42 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 219 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch
please don't take this the wrong way, but that was a very different type of spec than this chalk one. i think most buyers who don't blink at a 30K ADM are typically ones who need builds that include bucket seats, ceramics, full leather and the other typically desired options. yours didn't have any of these options and you were still asking 19k over sticker to recoup the ADM you paid. i really don't mean any offense as i personally liked your car -- it's just my thoughts on how the market typically goes. hopefully you came to your senses and decided to keep that black beauty.
Porsch, LWB is NOT a desirable option in the Touring. I was looking for a buyer that values driving the car more than having all the fluff. IMO all one need in this car is the front axle lift.
Speaking of coming to my senses, I've losing my senses trying to decide which car do you get rid of, so can guys help me decide on which car to get rid of?

Carrera T that the family uses, or that
Lizard Green 3RS for track and autox that gives me the most emotional feeling when driving it on the road, or that
Black Touring that is so gorgeous on the outside and that 9K RPM motor w/ the 6 speed trans, or that
Yellow McLaren 570S tuned to 700 HP that's faster than probably a 2RS in a straight line with the most sublime steering and ride, or that
1967 Corvette, restomoded with a wide body and fuel injected L88 motor that's appreciating in value all the time.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:56 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

LWB and sofas are bourbon and scotch.

Among the four, I would get rid of one of the 911. The touring seems to be the middle child between your T and RS so ....
Old 04-25-2019, 04:08 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by bli8
Porsch, LWB is NOT a desirable option in the Touring.
I’m not so sure about that. I think most enthusiasts view the GT3 Touring as the improved, second generation 911R. And if you look at the market for the 911R now that some time has passed, and compare examples with buckets versus sofas, you’ll find there is a considerable difference. I own a Carrera T with the no-cost four-way sofas, which I like very much, but I think the carbon bucket seats are generally highly desirable for the 911R and GT3 models. As for calling the bucket seats “fluff”, I can honestly say that’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. Anyway, folks should get whatever seats work best for them and not worry about the rest.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:12 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by malmasri
buckets don't belong in a touring...they have no lumbar support , they sit too far upright, cost more than a good aftermarket REAL bucket seat and are not exactly easy to get in and out on a DD car....
They also are not a great option for track either, they don't hold you in place tight enough, I usually find myself elbowing the door often to stay in the seat.
I never cared about what the next owner wanted or what the resale value will be ..so when I order cars, I order them to be the right fit for me......
It difficult to understand the hype on a must have buckets in a GT car....
I daily drive mine, it has buckets

Had a c4s with 18 ways, sold the car as I thought the seats were extremely uncomfortable

Find buckets the most comfortable option..really depends on body type

My big framed customers who ride in my car find the bucket seats miserable
Old 04-25-2019, 04:21 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

991 Touring must have sofas, because street.

991 GT cars must have LWB, because track.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:44 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
Porsch, LWB is NOT a desirable option in the Touring. I was looking for a buyer that values driving the car more than having all the fluff. IMO all one need in this car is the front axle lift.
Speaking of coming to my senses, I've losing my senses trying to decide which car do you get rid of, so can guys help me decide on which car to get rid of?

Carrera T that the family uses, or that
Lizard Green 3RS for track and autox that gives me the most emotional feeling when driving it on the road, or that
Black Touring that is so gorgeous on the outside and that 9K RPM motor w/ the 6 speed trans, or that
Yellow McLaren 570S tuned to 700 HP that's faster than probably a 2RS in a straight line with the most sublime steering and ride, or that
1967 Corvette, restomoded with a wide body and fuel injected L88 motor that's appreciating in value all the time.
I'd get rid of the 570S - not because its not a great car. But you sort of have the bases covered with a 911T, a GT3T and a GT3RS. As an alternative - If your wife could drive the Touring, then you could ditch the 911T and keep the 570S.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:45 PM
knasman
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
991 Touring must have sofas, because street.

991 GT cars must have LWB, because track.
Nonsense, reading these kinds of blanket statements on the one Definitive Truth is tiring.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:50 PM
carrerafanboy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I daily drive mine, it has buckets

Had a c4s with 18 ways, sold the car as I thought the seats were extremely uncomfortable

Find buckets the most comfortable option..really depends on body type

My big framed customers who ride in my car find the bucket seats miserable
+1.

I had a C4S with 14-ways and they didn't work for my back at all — just couldn't get comfortable, and ended up selling the car within a year of purchase. However the LWBs in my 981 Spyder and GT3T work great for me — no discomfort even after ~6-8 hours in the car! Really depends on your build/body type, etc.

As with many things in life, to each their own!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:57 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 579 Posts

My GTS has 4-ways (which are fine for DD duties and grand touring). I wanted my GT3T interior and driving experience to feel as different from my GTS as possible. Thus, the buckets. Not to mention I like my seat upright anyway and the buckets fit me perfectly. To me, it enhances my connection to the car and thus the driving experience. Sofas are perfect for a DD. Buckets make sense to me for a fun weekend sports car, if the seat itself agrees with your body habitus. Whatever seat you choose, either way, you are driving a GT3 - hard to complain about that!
Old 04-26-2019, 02:29 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

I am about as big and fluffy as a Porsche owner can get and buckets are great, especially with the sheepshin cover. By the time you do 18 ways (even though I prefer 4 way), heat and leather backs they are more than buckets so LWB are the 👨*🌾 option.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 AM
FORENN
Banned

While I enjoy my 4-way sofas in my 911T, the first box I've always checked in my GT# cars is the bucket seats. Regardless of Touring or wing, I couldn't spec a GT3 without buckets, it would make the car feel incomplete to me.

Quick Reply: New untitled 19 GT3 Touring West Broward Porsche