Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

A fool and his money are soon departed
Old 04-19-2019, 10:15 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rileyracing1
This thread is so fake and if by chance it is not ..anyone who buys a kid any super car is a retard because these cars can make you dead fast if you have little experience and or restraint until you aquire some.
what would I gain from making a fake post on a Porsche forum? I made this account today, it’s not like I have had an account and am trying to show off... I just wanted answers to some questions about reliability and daily drive ability and if the RS is safe enough (which most people seem to say it’s not). If I wanted to pretend to be someone I’m not, why wouldn’t I say that I’m getting a GT2RS or 918? Anyways, thank you for your input on the safety of the GT3RS.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

This thread is so fake and if by chance it is not ..anyone who buys a kid any super car is a retard because these cars can make you dead fast if you have little experience and or restraint until you aquire some.
Well also remember that the desire to provide the best for your kids is strong. And if you're not into cars, you might think that getting a car that is incredibly capable is a good thing. It's not for sure that a kid will die or get into an accident if you hand them a supercar. But what you are doing is robbing them of the chance to learn how to actually drive and appreciate stepping up to more and more capable cars to match their skill level.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:22 PM
Maverick11
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Ill bite just in case this is real but hope its not

1) doubt you can still even order a pts rs
2) not the best car to start out on, safety wise or enjoyment wise
3) if you’re set on spoiling a kid with sports car, and you really want it to be something in the premium exotic-ish market, 2006-2017 v8 vantage, lotus evora, v8 R8, bmw i8 are all safer to learn on, plenty fast and exotic enough to make a 16yr old feel spoiled
4) carrera 4 if it must be a 911
5) do you realize how fast a 911 Turbo is?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:24 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

But the guy is getting off easy. Suppose his son liked jets. Then he might have to buy him a Boeing 757 for his birthday.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Berjar
Racer

Received 355 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlottesBest
I am 100% serious. He had a hard life for his first 13-ish years but I now have enough money to be able to spend it on him. Being completely honest, I don’t think I’m getting him an RS. My wife wants to, but I prefer him to drive an AWD car.
If you are 100% honest than my advice is get your kid a car with less than 200hp max. These cars as others have said deadly in experienced hands. If I had my GT3 when I was young it would be wrecked and I probably would be dead
Old 04-19-2019, 10:25 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

There is so much wrong on so many levels with this OP it’s hard to even get a common sense brain around it. Clearly the OP lacks the common sense or brains.

Why is is this even being indulged?

jfc.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:29 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
i grew up in TN; one of my friends who i played baseball all through little league and two years of high-school got a camaro SS as his first car (this was in the mid-90's). He and a friend were driving down a country road at age of 16 going over 100mph and lost control, flipping the car killing them both. two souls lost and two families devastated. so much promise gone. luckily there were no other cars or people involved. i have been fortunate in life; never have to worry about $. i have 3 kids and none will ever get a sports car until they are mid-late-20's+ and buy one themselves with their own $.
Thank you so much. This is probably my biggest fear. I trust my son enough to drive safely, but there is always a chance that things like this will happen. At my sons school, a senior crashed his dads 458 Italia a couple of years ago and almost died. I’d much rather have my son driving a big SUV like a g63, but the only cars he want are all either sporty convertible’s or track cars.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:33 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Waxer
There is so much wrong on so many levels with this OP it’s hard to even get a common sense brain around it. Clearly the OP lacks the common sense or brains.

Why is is this even being indulged?

jfc.
eh, lacking brains maybe, I didn’t do too well in school, but I feel like I have some common sense. I agree with most people here that all of the cars I listed are dangerous and a bad choice for a first car, but the only cars my son wants to get are either track cars or sporty convertibles. Both extremely dangerous types of vehicles. I’d much rather have my son drive a g63 but I know he doesn’t want anything that isn’t “cool looking and fast”.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:33 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

this is so fake, only way it makes sense is if son is step son and wife is 10-15 years younger than OP. Kid needs a less powerful car, buy him an RS after he finishes MBA, gimme a break and of course money comes from inheritance/trust any who earned it would have more sense, no offense if this iw real and OP is just not very sophisticated
Old 04-19-2019, 10:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

1) You sound PW'd to the max. Grow some.
2) No wonder our youth today has this entitlement syndrome with parents like you around.
3) Reminds me of the trial using the affluenca defense.

Smh

P.S.
I bet its the kid posting pretending to be dad.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:44 PM
CharlottesBest
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dark knight
this is so fake, only way it makes sense is if son is step son and wife is 10-15 years younger than OP. Kid needs a less powerful car, buy him an RS after he finishes MBA, gimme a break and of course money comes from inheritance/trust any who earned it would have more sense, no offense if this iw real and OP is just not very sophisticated
My money came from myself. My parents didn’t help me at all. The money for my sons car is from my fathers land. Also please refer to my response to someone else who claimed this is fake. Why would I fake having enough money for a gt3rs? Why not a gt2rs? Why not a 918?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:44 PM
Augdog1964
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

You would do your son a VAST dis-service by giving him a GT3RS for a first car...

You would be far better making him get a job, earn it, and pitch in 1/2 and insurance for a civic or focus that is a few years old... make him take care of it, teach him to maintain it, and live through the scratches etc.

Anybody who puts a youth into a 500 hp. race car needs their head examined IMHO.
Old 04-19-2019, 10:46 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

How much is it to change the oil?? LOL
Old 04-19-2019, 10:47 PM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 154 Posts

Maybe the kid is a good driver, you don't know. When I was 16 there was a guy who had a Oldsmobile 442 ( now I'm showing my age ) he must have been 19 or 20 years old. He saw that I was looking at his car so he asked me if I wanted to go for a ride, so I said of course. I watched him shift those gears ( 4 speed of course ) He pulled into a parking lot and asked me if I would like to drive it, I was nervous and excited at the same, but I got in that driver seat and I drove it without stalling out once, and the rest was history. I purchased a 1966 corvette coupe at 18 years old. Made it into a pro street car and ran the quarter mile in 9.80 at 140 mph. So maybe the kid is a natural

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3RS for my son!