Sponsored by:

GT2 IS faster

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
No, I'm referring to the GT2 RS in the original video. The video I linked is just an illustration that the times in the original video are not representative of what either car can do (either due to the wet conditions or driver skill variance), so it makes no sense to use it as a benchmark of the relative ability of those cars.
It makes perfect sense to use the video as a benchmark of the performance of the cars in real world DE conditions where they were intended to be used. The ONLY advantage the 2RS has is in straight line speed on extended straights and acceleration on extended straights. 3RS has a handling advantage. Some driving talent of an amateur is enough to make up for the 3RSs 180 hp disadvantage in the same run group.

We keep throwing around the 2RS is “faster” and the 3RS is “slower”. Sure in pure straight line acceleration and on track in a perfect world with equal pro drivers. Yup. One is a GT2RS and one is a GT3RS. Two different historic classes. Prototype/GT1 class faster still.

But in the real world where (where you and I live) one track car is more accessible as to its performance potential and can erase the others 180hp advantage with some skilled amateur driving in the same run group...that makes it mighty damn impressive and to me makes it the better track tool and explains why Evo picked it over the 2RS.

We also lose sight of how f’n fast the 3RS really is in all this “faster/slower” talk as if it might a Prius we are talking about when we are actually talking about a car that ran a sub 7 min time at the Ring in pro hands eclipsing the 918s time. I don’t think that’s slow but hey, that’s me...and if any GT2 owners here think they can beat the 3RSs Ring time in your “faster” 2RS please let us know. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:29 AM
greenhorn
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

A similar video from GT2RS perspective:

I'd say the rear stepping out at 7:13 at Pouhon exit is the highlight of the video.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by greenhorn
A similar video from GT2RS perspective:

https://youtu.be/ZMuKrXhchVA

I'd say the rear stepping out at 7:13 at Pouhon exit is the highlight of the video.
Greenhorn: Thanks for posting vid. Wow. 👍
Old 04-12-2019, 11:04 AM
gt3.997
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

looks like the gt3 driver ended up getting a little help from the red mist. lap times dropped when he had somebody to chase, and potentially less cars to pass.

i don't really care which is faster, what i really like about this video is you have 2 guys using these cars on track instead of cars and coffee. I'd love to be out there on that track, in either car..

Quick Reply: GT2 IS faster