CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,964 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2330
3RS driver >>> 2RS driver.

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Nizer
+2
Gt2 driver is missing lines and apexes, gt3 stays with him based on skill. No reason that if drivers switched the gt2 wouldn't pull away and keep increasing the gap. Same car just with added turbos and intercoolers..
Old 04-10-2019, 01:01 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Gt2 driver is missing lines and apexes, gt3 stays with him based on skill. No reason that if drivers switched the gt2 wouldn't pull away and keep increasing the gap. Same car just with added turbos and intercoolers..
^^ What he said.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:01 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by knasman
Exactly, the 2RS driver is much worse. The only real conclusion that can be drawn from this video is that the 2RS walks away on a straight. Which is hardly a surprise.

None the less, agree, great video!

And you know both drivers? Lol. 2RS driver “much worse” ? How so? He ran wide on the same turn twice other than than that he was on the money. Both drivers were flying and passing everything except each other.

Real world evidence of how these two compare on track. 2RS clearly has advantage on long straights and 3RS quicker in the tight turns.

They were both both hitting their marks for the most part to my eyes.

Timer in the the 3RS indicates best lap was 2:39s ~ just like the drivers listed above at Spa yet the driver in the 3RS can’t pass grandma in that 2RS.

Last edited by Waxer; 04-10-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:10 AM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the video! 3RS is slower, but a much more fun car to track I bet
Old 04-10-2019, 04:32 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Only to be reeled backed in again with ease.

Wait...2RS and 3RS have same handling and brakes correct? So for the 2RS to pull bus lengths on the straights and for the 3RS to catch up on the turns and braking, this to you has nothing to do with the drivers skills lol? Just because to your eyes both drivers hit their marks for most part does not mean their braking zone and on throttle is the same. Put pro drivers in each car I would love to see 3RS reel in the 2RS that easily after bus lengths on the straights
Old 04-10-2019, 04:49 AM
991gtR
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what can you do to the gt3 rs to add another 100 hp. my gt2 rs has over 800 hp and will walk any gt3 rs LOL. guess the driver wasnt up for the challenge in this vid
Old 04-10-2019, 09:37 AM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Great driving by 3RS, living the dream at Spa!!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek RS
Wait...2RS and 3RS have same handling and brakes correct? So for the 2RS to pull bus lengths on the straights and for the 3RS to catch up on the turns and braking, this to you has nothing to do with the drivers skills lol? Just because to your eyes both drivers hit their marks for most part does not mean their braking zone and on throttle is the same. Put pro drivers in each car I would love to see 3RS reel in the 2RS that easily after bus lengths on the straights
Driver plus weight and weight distribution. They don't handle identical but handling alone won't close that Hp and torque gap!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Answer: Not the the same handling. Only advantage for 2RS is TT.

Evo Three Kings. Pretty “emperical”.
To my knowledge neither of those guys are pros but appeared to be passing everything in sight. Both running very impressive times.

The lap time comparison posted by Throttle Dogs for the 3RS vs. more powerful cars and very capable track weopns bolsters the proof of the 3RS tremendous track athleticism and the fact it punches way above its weight.

Yup, neither pros, same DE session, same brakes, 3RS advantage handling, 2RS advantage power and there is your result in a real life example. Unless you think you could do better in the 2RS seems like excuse hunting to be plugging in pro drivers at a DE but hey, if it makes you feel better. 😉

Even with pros pros the difference is approx. 1-2 seconds per lap with perfect set ups with a 180 hp deficit to the 3RS. That’s saying something for the NA car with power disadvantage easily neutralized with some driver skill.

Thats what I see. OP saw the same thing which is why he posted the vid.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 688 Likes on 324 Posts

This. The small handling advantage the 3RS has in tight corners due to a little less weight is trivial relative to its power disadvantage.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
This. The small handling advantage the 3RS has in tight corners due to a little less weight is trivial relative to its power disadvantage.
Trival? Well if the difference is trivial with the result on that vid than I’m even more impressed with the 3RS. Lol. I take it . Thanks!

I’ll tell you what’s not trival. The price differential for trival difference in track performance when the rubber meets the road at DEs as shown.

im not the one searching for excuses and explanations here. Just pointing to what I see.

2RS better hope no 3RS owner does anything to improve handling further than stock. 😎

Last edited by Waxer; 04-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:37 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Talent matters..

Great video
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Hex
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

Please refresh my memory. How many track records does the GT3RS hold now? The GT2RS holds so many now it's hard to keep up with the list, and it's accomplished this impressive record against everything, including hypercars. Here's a little wake up call marker for you. At Laguna Seca, which is not a long, fast track, the GT2RS set a lap time five seconds faster than the GT3RS. Unlike a lot of you guys, I'm not out to denigrate one of the cars, I really like the GT3RS and I respect what it can do with less, but when it comes to the king of the 911's, the GT2RS is it.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:57 AM
Hex
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Answer: Not the the same handling. Only advantage for 2RS is TT.

Evo Three Kings. Pretty “emperical”.
To my knowledge neither of those guys are pros but appeared to be passing everything in sight. Both running very impressive times.

The lap time comparison posted by Throttle Dogs for the 3RS vs. more powerful cars and very capable track weopns bolsters the proof of the 3RS tremendous track athleticism and the fact it punches way above its weight.

Yup, neither pros, same DE session, same brakes, 3RS advantage handling, 2RS advantage power and there is your result in a real life example. Unless you think you could do better in the 2RS seems like excuse hunting to be plugging in pro drivers at a DE but hey, if it makes you feel better. ��

Even with pros pros the difference is approx. 1-2 seconds per lap with perfect set ups with a 180 hp deficit to the 3RS. That’s saying something for the NA car with power disadvantage easily neutralized with some driver skill.

Thats what I see. OP saw the same thing which is why he posted the vid.
Hey Waxer, I didn't see the GT2RS in the Throttle Dogs comparison, was it there? Also, remember that that GT3RS is CJ's personal car and nothing replaces seat time, especially in your own car.

Quick Reply: GT2 IS faster