991 gt3 rear bumper alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 11:45 AM
Maxi_z
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 991 gt3 rear bumper alignment

Hi

I noticed that on my 991.1 GT3 the rear bumper cover looks a little bit lower than it should or not well aligned especially between the tail lights where there is the grille the gap is noticeable.

On the web I looked for pictures and I saw that there were a few like mine and others perfectly aligned.

The rear hood is well aligned with the rear wings so that s not the problem.

I asked to two different dealers and they replied that only the tail lights are slightly adjustable but not the bumper cover however I think some slight adjustment could be made but wanted to know if anyone that already removed and refitted it hae some tips on that.

on mine is similar to this picture

well aligned
Old 04-06-2019, 06:52 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Dealer is correct, the bumper cannot be moved. The lights however are a different story. What usually occurs is that someone removes the bumper cover for service along with the tail lights, When removing the lights, it is important to be sure the leveling fastener stays in the same position as the factory set it. If not careful, the lights will be lowered when removing or heightened when reinstalling. This should not be a big deal, you can DIY or bring it in to have the dealer realign it. There is no need to remove the cover to realign, just loosen the fastening bolts and then raise or lower with the leveling fastener. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 991 gt3 rear bumper alignment