Never seen so many GT cars together - buyers market

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 981 Spyder

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I sold mine but something tells me I'll get one back at some point. It has some fairy dust magic; one of best road car toys I've ever owned. Nothing of a similar vintage can touch it for the same money.
Well said.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:46 PM
odwa
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Suitcase, brilliantly said sir!
Old 03-29-2019, 03:41 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

my is full of dust with 48 miles only b/c all my fkg friends now park their cars at my warehouse. all my cars are BLOCKED in.....
no, you are not parking your 4.0 here....
just drive the friend cars...keep yours virgin
Old 03-29-2019, 05:46 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 699 Likes on 511 Posts

I sold mine but something tells me I'll get one back at some point. It has some fairy dust magic; one of best road car toys I've ever owned. Nothing of a similar vintage can touch it for the same money.
Agree..........I'll wait a few years and add a 991.2 GT3 again with low miles for weekends and for less and save $70K....from today....
Old 03-29-2019, 09:28 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Fully agree. There's a "select" group of people who can Walk the Talk.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by mooty
if you want to flip, you missed your train
if you want one to drive, buy it now. a. you may be dead tmo (I didn't plan to break my wrist 3 weeks ago, my friend didnt think he would crack his C6 skiing last week....) and b. once GT3RS production ends in may or so. price will stabilize. just watch. I find that those who talk about ADM and such are never the buyer. buyers just buy.
if you REALLY want the car, there are msrp cars. I know b/c I gave 5 of them to my friends who REALLY wanted the car and who were READY to cut the check the minute I called them. then I know others who need a week, a day or whatever to "think".... they are not the guys I call when I get offered an MSRP car. there are buyers and there are talkers.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
just drive the friend cars...keep yours virgin
i have
73S
various mclarens
every variants of RS
when i get them dirty, i call them to send cleaner over bc i dont like dirty cars in my office.
works good for far.

u know, spyerX has a very very clean one in my warehouse. he is selling.

Originally Posted by Suitcase

Yes Jerry Seinfeld's has fewer miles but I've had more fun..
RIGHT ON my friend.

Originally Posted by Suitcase
The cars I've loved the most are the cars I've driven the most. So buy what you love and drive it like you've only got a month left. Park carefully and drive aggressively defensive, like you're on a motorcycle. Let your heirs lawyers deal with values.
i do just that ;-)
today was in POS 914/6 but it was fun nevertheless
last week in 4.0, faster fun.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:28 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Take a look at classifieds- Dealer asking 20k over for a used GT3 with 1 k miles and all the bystanders can say is GLWS great car- these cars are now at best 5k under msrp.
These dealers really do believe we are all FOOLS. They try to create a false market.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:44 AM
gtrguyinaz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche is the great marketing company EVER...................That being said, they now are trying to produce to satisfy demand and eliminate the resellers and flippers..........Dealers on the other hand are still trying to max margins ........Who wins depends on the buyers desire to have the latest and great at any price.........
Old 03-30-2019, 12:12 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
Take a look at classifieds- Dealer asking 20k over for a used GT3 with 1 k miles and all the bystanders can say is GLWS great car- these cars are now at best 5k under msrp.
These dealers really do believe we are all FOOLS. They try to create a false market.
I actually recently offered MSRP - 5k on a local car that was listed at MSRP+25. No counter, offer rejected. So they're definitely trying to hold firm.

GT3s definitely not rare but, what seems to be rare is sensible builds. Quite a few on the market are uber bloated builds w bizarre colors, alcantara in unnecessary places, random stitching etc - it's taking a bit to sift through all that to find one that'd actually make sense to own.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:18 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by rmauro
That is the quintessential RL reply. Same people say the same thing"GLWS, should sell fast at that price, great deal here". Yet they either know that the price is stupid or they are stupid, either way the posts are just lame.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:20 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by erko1905
I actually recently offered MSRP - 5k on a local car that was listed at MSRP+25. No counter, offer rejected. So they're definitely trying to hold firm.

GT3s definitely not rare but, what seems to be rare is sensible builds. Quite a few on the market are uber bloated builds w bizarre colors, alcantara in unnecessary places, random stitching etc - it's taking a bit to sift through all that to find one that'd actually make sense to own.
Hence the exact problem with the flippers. Too many options and these people build these cars on what I don't know but the folks that actually want to own and drive have to either make concessions or not buy.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:45 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Dealers are just in the period of denial. They will eventually resign themselves to overstock inventory and do what they always do, discount to move off lot.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:16 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Price dropped to 12k over- meanwhile there a an individual trying to sell his blue car at msrp less 5k OBO- reasonable. Also full xpel.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick11
My theory is this -> GT3 is a niche car that got a lot of hype becuase of values and perceived collectability, that brought in a lot of buyers that really wanted the cars for the wrong reason, Porsche made a bunch to satisfy demand and now that you cant flip for a profit all of those buyers are realizing they really dont want something as hard core and expensive as a GT3 occupying garage space.

So many sub 2k miles cars out there. Dont understand how a anyone that wanted a GT3 for the right reason could be bored with this car after that many miles. My feat is that this new mass market appeal for GT3s causes Porsche to keep making them more street oriented and ruins the concept that makes GT3s unique and special.
Well said.
Old 03-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Canadian Auto trader has some ridiculously over priced GT cars f/s.. 8 GT2RS and only 3RS for sale.

Guess the speculating owners of the GT2RS thought the cars are going to be produced in limited numbers

Quick Reply: Never seen so many GT cars together - buyers market