Old 03-25-2019, 02:51 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by iphilips
Willows aka Thunderhill = Great kite boarding
Sonoma/Sears Point = Great for wine
Laguna Seca = Great for golf at Pebble Beach

Have no idea why anybody would take their GT3 to any of these locations.
For the kiteboarding... and the burgers.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

The gelbgrun car is my former car - 2000 miles and it's at MSRP with CPO. It's been there for a month. Crazy!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:00 AM
360MVA
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

+1

Also remember warmer season hasn’t even started in many areas yet

I don't think warmer seanon matters for Porsche, these are everyday sports cars which is part of the appeal. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mac is another story. I have been looking around and prices are all over the place. Some dealers are asking over list, others at list and some others below. Private owners selling are also holding on for a good number but notice the cars are sitting for months now. They will either keep them or keep dropping their price. Fact is in many cases the private owners are retailing because dealers aren't offering as much these days on trade. It is all balancing out now,
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

I think 991.1 GT3s still have a ways to fall, and I am selfishly enjoying watching these dealerships take it in the shorts with inventory collecting dust, especially the ones that charged ADMs. There are many sides to capitalism!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
I think 991.1 GT3s still have a ways to fall, and I am selfishly enjoying watching these dealerships take it in the shorts with inventory collecting dust, especially the ones that charged ADMs. There are many sides to capitalism!
Yup, live by the capitalism sword...die by the capitalism sword.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:58 AM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

As someone who works a meager government job, it is hilarious watching all these dealers sit on their GT cars...most of them unlisted due to their ADMs.

I recently had a conversation with a Rennlist member who is a friend, and who happens to work at a very large dealership in the south. He teases me with cars that are well over my price range, but I enjoy the pictures and noises they make(I'm just a simple Marine...pictures and noises please no technical descriptions) and we got on the topic of ADM. I told him after watching the forums for the last few months, and with articles about Porsche releasing a never before seen amount of GT cars with the 992.1 and on...I asked why is he still listing USED cars at $10k-$20k ADM? Simple answer?

Because they can. Because people are willing to pay the extra amount, and that they have made so much money from the ridiculous RS ADMs being charged, that they can just sit on these cars. As someone that drives his car, motorcycle, and big ole whirlycopter to the limit as often as I can...seeing all these 991.2 GT3s(my dream purchase when I get promoted to Major) sit is disheartening. Luckily I have a friend that is going to hook me up in a few years when he is ready to upgrade from his 991.2 build, but still. I don't get it. Maybe if I hit the lottery one day and just sit back looking at my car collection I may understand...but I doubt it. Ive found excuses to take my car out in the morning to the gym, one motorcycle to the beach in the afternoon, and the other at night for a date. Stationary art is wonderful...art in motion is divine.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:35 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Porsche may have come close to diluting the exclusivity of the GT brand going forward and moving to VW philosophy of selling critical mass across their brands in their stable.....they just built too many GT3/2/RS, etc....the only thing they left as far as exclusivity is the Speedster....
Porsche may sell as many 992 GT car variants as they can and production of 991s will seem minuscule....they will go for the money.....
Bingo!
This is not building "Good Will" or "Local relationships" because it is bilking the masses and will leave a bad taste in buyer's mouths.
After chasing the last 4 "great Porsches" and paying ADMs to do it, I'm inclined not to do it again.

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Other way to see this, dealers are holding and accumulating inventory to set prices in your area.
Market manipulation by your local, friendly dealer!
Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Most Pcar dealers are now the enemy IMO when it comes to GT allocations. Playing hide the ball to squeeze those ADMs!
Don't get me started; I had $240k in GT car deals with Chandler Porsche in 2016, their first year open to do business. They had 3 massive staff changes in less than 2 years and I get dropped from the GT car list. Now I hear they are getting more GT cars than they have buyers for... imagine how buyers must feel.

I turned to the secondary market and actually received far better service than my local dealer provided during my last new GT car purchase

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Porsche North Scottsdale is doing the same. Redonkulous prices and some of them even have a generic Microsoft Word sign saying "come inside for price"
Yep, you need Allen Faulkner (allenfaulkner@msn.com, 602.363-5616 ), ex President of the local Ferrari club with too much time on his hands turned car broker. He can pull new cars nation wide, sell you used, has great options and knows the laws. He executed a vintage exchange for modern cars transaction for me and handled a 4 car transaction responsibly and professionally.

Last edited by Perimeter; 03-25-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:41 AM
USNA12
Banned

Originally Posted by Perimeter
So sad that some owner/real driver that would cherish such a car could not spec these the way they preferred
Dealer Greed
I completely agree, luckily my friend with the 991.2 took some of my recommendations into consideration when building his car, knowing that if he ever sold it I would get first right of refusal. He also got his build allocation at MSRP!
Old 03-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Pretty soon you'll have to buy a GT car just to get an allocation for a Taycan.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:53 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 956 Posts

The P car mania may be showing signs that the bull has run out of steam.

The market has been flood with cars and prices are stupid on many.

Like the game of musical chairs it will end.

Lots of nice cars out there.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:55 AM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
I completely agree, luckily my friend with the 991.2 took some of my recommendations into consideration when building his car, knowing that if he ever sold it I would get first right of refusal. He also got his build allocation at MSRP!
Hold up ... So your buddy is going to flip you his when he is done? How is that different from a dealer holding their inventory and flipping it later? The dealer inventory and your buddys car both depreciate but at different rates, since I assume he drives the car.

I'm not following the issue in this thread. These dealers run a business? Businesses aim to make profit. If this means selling at MSRP with "relationships", crazy ADMs or holding back inventory. That's kinda their call and they should do what's good for their business.

We have the power here, it's not like you *need* a GT3 to live. So either pony up the $ and play the game or wait for the dealers to move on price and inventory, flippers to flip or buy some other car.

All these cars will be sold eventually, and the driver who buys it will enjoy it, either in their garage or on the road.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:57 AM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by Loess
Pretty soon you'll have to buy a GT car just to get an allocation for a Taycan.
I have a Taycan allocation ready to flip, ADM is at $50K, it's literally the only allocation available, very rare and exclusive car. Buy now before the prices go 911R crazy.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:02 PM
USNA12
Banned

Hold up ... So your buddy is going to flip you his when he is done? How is that different from a dealer holding their inventory and flipping it later? The dealer inventory and your buddys car both depreciate but at different rates, since I assume he drives the car.
I will not be "flipped" the car. Not everyone is out to make money on these cars, and some people actually receive happiness knowing their beloved vehicle is going to a good home.

Honestly I am sorry if what I said offended you. I'm a simple civil servant who is too poor to be in this portion on the Rennlist forums. I'll see myself out sir

Old 03-25-2019, 12:10 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

I have a Taycan allocation ready to flip, ADM is at $50K, it's literally the only allocation available, very rare and exclusive car. Buy now before the prices go 911R crazy.

Yes because the Taycan will be a "limited" production car.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:21 PM
iphilips
Racer

Originally Posted by USNA12
I will not be "flipped" the car. Not everyone is out to make money on these cars, and some people actually receive happiness knowing their beloved vehicle is going to a good home.

Honestly I am sorry if what I said offended you. I'm a simple civil servant who is too poor to be in this portion on the Rennlist forums. I'll see myself out sir
Takes a lot more to offend me 😀

At the time he sells it to you he is denying the market access to that vehicle. Maybe some other punter would pay more or he'd get a trade, likely for less. Either way this off market transaction hurts other buyers, why should you get the deal? Just bc you have a relationship? How is that different to dealers and flippers? He's holding back inventory.

Please stop with the self depreciation though. Any transaction for a luxury good is really a conversation about priority. It's not your priority to pay what the market is asking, and that's your choice and there is nothing bad about that.

Quick Reply: CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer