Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 07:30 PM
jcdeng
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

They would be sold if the dealers are willing to sell at msrp, or a bit below. A lot of people that want one and can afford these cars have a problem with ADMs, it is as if knowingly being taken advantage of and still agreeing to it, or simply put, nobody likes to think of themselves as a "sucker".
Old 03-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Porsche North Scottsdale is doing the same. Redonkulous prices and some of them even have a generic Microsoft Word sign saying "come inside for price"
Old 03-24-2019, 07:32 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Yeah I don't buy the reasoning. It is certainly the number one flipper excuse used on RL. If it were true then folks that use this excuse would be selling cars with far more than delivery or couple hundred of miles. These are good P customers and take advantage of every MSRP deal their dealer gives them with ZERO intent of driving it. They already know they are getting an RS allocation. Great part this time is with the economy and high production numbers the flippers got smoked and the MT "R" frenzy they thought would happen. I hope this continues so when the 992's come out we see a little less flipping.
Nobody will buy it if it's seen the track right? So yeah... I just kept mine on the mantle and gazed at its glory. But only at night and on a full moon.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Nobody will buy it if it's seen the track right? So yeah... I just kept mine on the mantle and gazed at its glory. But only at night and on a full moon.
You are an anomaly. I bet it was awesome on the track. Congrats to you.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:38 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Yeah I don't buy the reasoning. It is certainly the number one flipper excuse used on RL. If it were true then folks that use this excuse would be selling cars with far more than delivery or couple hundred of miles. These are good P customers and take advantage of every MSRP deal their dealer gives them with ZERO intent of driving it. They already know they are getting an RS allocation. Great part this time is with the economy and high production numbers the flippers got smoked and the MT "R" frenzy they thought would happen. I hope this continues so when the 992's come out we see a little less flipping.
Porsche may have come close to diluting the exclusivity of the GT brand going forward and moving to VW philosophy of selling critical mass across their brands in their stable.....they just built too many GT3/2/RS, etc....the only thing they left as far as exclusivity is the Speedster....

Porsche may sell as many 992 GT car variants as they can and production of 991s will seem minuscule....they will go for the money.....
Old 03-24-2019, 07:50 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Porsche may have come close to diluting the exclusivity of the GT brand going forward and moving to VW philosophy of selling critical mass across their brands in their stable.....they just built too many GT3/2/RS, etc....the only thing they left as far as exclusivity is the Speedster....

Porsche may sell as many 992 GT car variants as they can and production of 991s will seem minuscule....they will go for the money.....
And that would be perfect since AP promised that in his GT3.1 launch video. It hasn't happened yet. Still many of the folks that actually want to buy and drive can't get allocations at MSRP. I really do hope the hurt on the flippers this go around calms the flipping down.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:00 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

This Hennessy in Alpharetta? We drove through a couple of weeks ago and saw that. Insane.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:01 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Another problem for some of the dealers is they gave too much money for the GT3 on trade against new 3RS and 2RS. I know my dealer gave me MSRP on trade in and even though he did OK on mine (I think he sold it for 15k over), he took several others on trade as well at the same time that they are still sitting on. The market took a big drop late last fall (around November I think). My dealer has 5 or 6 of them and they have lowered prices on them to where they are close to their cost I'm betting.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:11 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
Another problem for some of the dealers is they gave too much money for the GT3 on trade against new 3RS and 2RS. I know my dealer gave me MSRP on trade in and even though he did OK on mine (I think he sold it for 15k over), he took several others on trade as well at the same time that they are still sitting on. The market took a big drop late last fall (around November I think). My dealer has 5 or 6 of them and they have lowered prices on them to where they are close to their cost I'm betting.
Good synopsis of what is happening at the moment....my GT3 was sold by me and sold again at 2,100 miles and dealer made at least $10-15k each time on a low spec white/LWB/steel $161k car they listed for 183k both times within 6 months and sold within days both times...while the high spec high price cars sit at same dealer...

Not seeing as many CPO 991.2 GT3s for sale, but a fair amount of 991.1 RSs.....

Real track guys are keeping their cars longer it seems.....
Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 531 Posts

Part of the appeal of GT cars was the fact that their depreciation curve historically has been much slower than other sport/weekend ,
so that brought people into the GT market that otherwise might have bought other options ,
now what happened is Porsche decided to increase production significantly and that led to plenty of cars sitting at dealer lots
also a lot of dealers got greedy , and held on selling their allocations , and built these cars to sell for a higher ADM on arrival
so how this shake up , no one knows exact path details
but what we know for certain is demand and supply curve is now tilted to much more supply than demand , and this will put downward pressure on prices , but lower prices will bring more people into the GT market
so we will see
Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Other way to see this, dealers are holding and accumulating inventory to set prices in your area.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:28 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pitt911
Part of the appeal of GT cars was the fact that their depreciation curve historically has been much slower than other sport/weekend ,
so that brought people into the GT market that otherwise might have bought other options ,
now what happened is Porsche decided to increase production significantly and that led to plenty of cars sitting at dealer lots
also a lot of dealers got greedy , and held on selling their allocations , and built these cars to sell for a higher ADM on arrival
so how this shake up , no one knows exact path details
but what we know for certain is demand and supply curve is now tilted to much more supply than demand , and this will put downward pressure on prices , but lower prices will bring more people into the GT market
so we will see
Well said...
Old 03-24-2019, 08:30 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Other way to see this, dealers are holding and accumulating inventory to set prices in your area.
Spending 180k plus on a car for a toy is not an easy thing to justify for much of the population...dealers will adjust margins downward and just make less money and sell add on programs...bottom line Party is close to over and prices will dip....good buyers market eventually..
Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
+1

Also remember warmer season hasn’t even started in many areas yet
Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

But one can not forget that these are more limited use cars as opposed to a P daily driver and as such much fewer buyers leaving aside the $$$ issue.

Quick Reply: CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer