Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

A dealer near here has four 2018 GT3's listed for sale at or just below MSRP. I think they are all CPO, most are manual transmission.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:10 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm sorry, wut?

So if I have the money to but a 918 Spyder, which I do, that means it's the deal I want? Your English confuses me.

The idea that anyone who isn't buying at these prices simply can't afford it is tard logic.
My English is pretty simple... "you can afford it and it's the deal you want". You need to be able to afford it AND that you want to make the deal that is being offered. I "deal" is a mutually agreeable set of terms to conclude some transaction, ie the price they are offering you for the vehicle you want to buy has to seem agreeable to you and the seller.

Affordability is not just that you have the money in the pocket, that is just basic arithmetic , it's that you can and are willing to depart with the cash to get the car based on your personal circumstances. This is a set of personal choices and priorities that you will make to justify what is affordable. For some people buying a $250K is not affordable even though they have $250K in the bank, for others a $250K is chump change and they don't care how much they can save relative to MSRP.

So bottom line, if you can't afford to buy an expensive toy right now, then don't. If you need to wait more time (depreciation and/or saving more money) to afford the expensive toy, do that. All the dealers know this, which is why they hide inventory, tell you that things are limited and make out that a GT3 is the unicorn of cars, refuse to take MSRP offers, etc,etc. They aren't stupid and are taking a calculated risk.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:01 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Porsche USA Preowned Website has 372 991 GT3 / GT3RS For Sale with Porsche Dealer Asking Prices starting at $ 110,000
https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...e=2020&page=28

Add 991 GT3's / GT3RS's being sold Privately and by Non-Porsche Dealers, Used Car Dealers and Auctions mean at least 500 991 GT3's are looking for Buyers.

Same Website has 43 991 GT2RS's in present Porsche Dealer Inventory, most with VERY low mileage.

Porsche USA Preowned Website also has 233 991 Turbos For Sale with Porsche Dealer Asking Prices starting at $104,000
Definitely buyer's market is coming.........in 2 years you will be able to pick up a 991.2 GT3 with some above average miles for around 100K.......
Old 03-26-2019, 06:10 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Definitely buyer's market is coming.........in 2 years you will be able to pick up a 991.2 GT3 with some above average miles for around 100K.......
Totally agree.

Not sure why discussions of values tend to trigger people here (other than the frequency of this topic being discussed, which I agree can become repetitive). Everyone has different goals, and for some people waiting until a car has bottomed out on its depreciation curve is part of their goal. For other people, driving and enjoying the car no matter the cost is their goal.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

The cars that had too many boxed checked and/or had CXX stuff will depreciate the most just like with previous models. A good lower spec car with the right options will always retain its value best. So many guys on here talk about how this car is their keeper and just end up selling the car 6-12 months later, for most of those people they are just lying to themselves because Porsche will come out with something better and they'll dump their "keeper" for the new shiny toy. For me, there are only 2 "keeper" porsches....a 997 4.0L and a CGT, everything else is expendable.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:04 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Actually they go hand in hand. Let's not forget the old adage: a fool and his money are soon parted. I doubt that there are many fools on this forum.
Well... I'm about half an idiot-savant. Does that count?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:08 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

I doubt that there are many fools on this forum.
You'd be surprised. Take a look at the 992 section.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:26 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Actually they go hand in hand. Let's not forget the old adage: a fool and his money are soon parted. I doubt that there are many fools on this forum.
Fools are a necessary evil. They help drive demand, which Porsche will want to respond to with more supply (they don't make profit on dealer ADM is my working theory). More supply has to got to be good for people that actually want to own and drive these cars.

Or said another way, do you care if you (figuratively) get MSRP and 10 other buyers have to pay an ADM? I'd think not.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:53 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

The simple solution to flipping: make more cars! Why should buyers make money when the profit is there to be had by Porsche? Don't dilute the brand by overproducing, but also don't leave out buyers willing to pay MSRP for a car.

Porsche's underproduction has always baffled me. It makes no sense as I can't find a way that they profit from it. The dealers taking the ADM are making all of the money.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:57 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pitt911
Part of the appeal of GT cars was the fact that their depreciation curve historically has been much slower than other sport/weekend ,
so that brought people into the GT market that otherwise might have bought other options ,
now what happened is Porsche decided to increase production significantly and that led to plenty of cars sitting at dealer lots
also a lot of dealers got greedy , and held on selling their allocations , and built these cars to sell for a higher ADM on arrival
so how this shake up , no one knows exact path details
but what we know for certain is demand and supply curve is now tilted to much more supply than demand , and this will put downward pressure on prices , but lower prices will bring more people into the GT market
so we will see
Heck, the local dealer had the dealer's owner's car on the floor "not for sale". It was perfect: Mexico Blue, buckets, 6MT with ceramics and matching yellow belts and stitching. I was told that the car was purchased as an "investment" and never driven.

This pissed me the hell off. Why should this guy, dealer owner-rich scumbag or whatever, pull an allocation away from an enthusiast bent on driving the car? I told the sales guy as much: these aren't investments and that passion is what holds this brand together.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:05 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PwAg
It's been well under way for some time. The drastic drop in 991.1 GT3 RS in last 6 months has been eye-opening. Just in the last few months there was another drop from 185-195k to 170-180k for similar spec/lower end of market. Won't be surprised to see $140-150's by next winter, decent spec w ~5k mi for $160's. Market full of dreamers.
With the 991.2 GT3 being a faster car than the 991.1 RS, wouldn't it make sense that the RS is lower in price?
Old 03-27-2019, 04:54 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I am envious of the length of your keeper list; I’d love to cut my keeper list down to 2 cars! No sarcasm; I’d seriously like to convince myself of a 2 car keeper list. My wife would like me to do that too. My storage guy and mechanc would not
Old 03-27-2019, 05:55 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
Totally agree.

Not sure why discussions of values tend to trigger people here (other than the frequency of this topic being discussed, which I agree can become repetitive). Everyone has different goals, and for some people waiting until a car has bottomed out on its depreciation curve is part of their goal. For other people, driving and enjoying the car no matter the cost is their goal.
I could careless about value but lets be realistic- In 2 years second hand .2 GT3s will not be selling at $100,000. Same year Turbos will for sure.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Porsche's underproduction has always baffled me. It makes no sense as I can't find a way that they profit from it. The dealers taking the ADM are making all of the money.
You don’t need to worry about underproduction anymore.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:55 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

People toss 997.2 GT3 4.0s and CGTs as well. Keepers are the ones forgotten in barns, The right price is what makes everything for sale.

Quick Reply: CPO GT3s lined up for sale - local dealer